Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HWWA will be putting on a deer hunting workshop in October.

This workshop is for new/inexperienced hunters with the intent of passing along some knowledge and techniques for hunting deer, here in Nova Scotia.

Topics include: deer behaviour & habits, recognizing deer habitat, "seeing" deer sign, hunting without bait, being a year round hunter, taking the shot & after the shot.

A good portion of the day will be spent outdoors.

Date: October 6

Where: HWWA building, Falmouth

Time: 8am to 5pm

Cost: $20 includes lunch & giveaways

Contact me through my profile, if you're interested.

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
i hear something about another big whitetail show coming to Halifax this fall.....supposed to be some bigger names there......anyone else have any more details?

and i agree....the one posted in this thread is a great idea

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Laura - yes. Had to think hard about you though. Then I remembered what a great job you did with lunch at the Crossbow meet - did the dishes too didnt ya? LOL.

Yep - no problem . You 2 are on the list.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Will be there to help out Gary ifn you need me, can work with you on rattling and calling and set up for it and some treestand advice.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
got 10 confirmed so far, couple more sitting on the fence. Plan is to cut it off at 15.

420 Posts
If it's done again then I'll definitely be up for it. Only just seen it this time round, I'm over Halifax County way but always wanting to learn tips and tricks. All I've learnt so far comes from books and the internet - and it's not working out so well either (still no deer seen or taken in 2.5 seasons).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts