Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its finally happened, after living in the sticks for 15yrs, i had my first deer vs car incident.
9pm last night coming home i saw a nice buck in velvet cross the road in front of me, i was slowing down as it was at the top of a fairly steep hill and it was lightly raining, the buck decided to cross back from where it came from just as i was along side. A glancing blow off the drivers door and front panel, i thought he was going to bust the window to make his visit more exciting. Before i could stop he was up and gone, no free deer for the trouble as i briefly looked.
Im fine, the car is wrinkled a bit more and i cant open the door from the outside. Off to the garage this morning to see if we can make a few adjustments to allow the door to fully open and get the door to open from outside.

Warning to all, they are out there

·
Registered
17,024 Posts
Glad you are OK. They are moving for sure. Seen three swimming yep swimming yesterday and just missed one myself about 2 weeks ago by maybe 2 feet
Not sure if it was the heat or the flys that drove them into the water but they were there
RaIn what is that :( I wish
Take care

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Glad you are OK. They are moving for sure. Seen three swimming yep swimming yesterday and just missed one myself about 2 weeks ago by maybe 2 feet
Not sure if it was the heat or the flys that drove them into the water but they were there
RaIn what is that :( I wish
Take care
I have seen them swimming before in the fall to cross lakes, and I know people who have seen them swimming offshore.

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Great to hear at best it was mostly minor and no injuries , door can be replaced or fixed , My last deer / vehicle was about 14 yrs ago , last second big Doe crossed in front of me , hit brakes and just missed her but nailed the yearling about 80 lbs worth , under the tire it went Rav 4 went on two wheels on drivers side and slammed back down , killing the deer instantly and near rolling the Rav 4 , my son asleep in passengers seat got rude awakening going on a early morning fishing trip .

Rav had no damage but a dented floor pan , no body damage , but that outcome could gone very badly in toll over , only thing stopped us from going was the reduced speed , other than that we were flipping and risk being killed by someone coming opposite direction on Route 4 twisting turns .

Had one just 2 weeks ago bolt from a driveway , no grass clearing taking place in lots of places along road way ditches , hard to see them that way

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Door opens fully now but doesn't open from outside.
I was up to see my mechanic and he said i could leave it in case he had time or i could come back Monday morning. Monday it is

·
GREYBEARD
3,251 Posts
I have had a few close calls myself the Summer, one morning going to work I had to stop twice to let deer cross in front of me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts