Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 248 Posts

· Registered
18,486 Posts
I don't own a camera or cell phone so don't have a lot of pics of my guns and when I do get some it is for selling them and the girls get them for me plus most of the ones NIB are all greased up with stag gun grease for storage
I can share pics of some others that I have the same however and a few of mine that I think are special
Cheers

· Registered
18,486 Posts
This is not my gun but I have the same new never fired but don't have the hard case or picture :(
It is a winchester superx1 one of 500 made and called the ducks unlimited mississippi flyway
Nicest wood I have ever seen on a non custom shop gun and one of my favorites I own

· Registered
18,486 Posts
This is IMo a cool 1985 ducks unlimited upland special with the english stock in 12ga with a very rare factory fitted briley square thread choke tubes remember the rem choke didnot come out until a year later
Mine is new unfired and I have the box

· Registered
18,486 Posts
1 ordered a set of these 12, 20 AND 28 GA when I heard about them and they are still unfired and I have all the boxes and paper work
They are a set of the browning model 12 made to the old winchester model 12 specs
I also bought a second one in 28ga which I have had briley install choke tubes in since they came with a fixed modified and that one I have shot a few 100 rounds trough

· Registered
18,486 Posts
Some Real Nice stuff there old timer !!!
Thanks. Never saved IMO expensive ones since I could not afford them in those years but now even average Joe's guns I did stash are crazy expensive . Never even shared one of the 2 dozen wingmasters either :p Have to admit I am kind of shocked myself how many I have NIB when going through the list this is just a few of them some go back over 40 years Most of my rifles in fact 90% are sold off and gone shotguns NOPE cannot seem to sell those :D:D
From when I was a kid not too many weeks I didnot have a gun on lay away some where here at a shop and when that got paid did another stew. russell, bobby and sonny loved me never did business with nick
But see in those years I would buy two a lot of times one to keep and one to shoot imagine one could afford to do that then but could on an average mans salary and with lay away and no interest

· Registered
2,127 Posts
I have a few rare guns a couple of them being passed down in the family, and one gun that is super rare that was recently given to me. I said this before there are some recently rare guns all over the place now as gun manufacturers change features/calibers and configurations regularly now so a lot of times a gun that might have had a run from 5-10 years ago is no longer available and "rare".

· Registered
1,078 Posts
Yes those are some very, very nice guns! At today's prices you really should consider selling off some of them now and spend the money on a vacation, new truck or whatever. Remember, you can't take them with you and apparently they will be sold off anyway.
But, I know how you feel about selling some of them. I have a couple that I'd find it very hard to part with myself.

· Registered
18,486 Posts
Yes those are some very, very nice guns! At today's prices you really should consider selling off some of them now and spend the money on a vacation, new truck or whatever. Remember, you can't take them with you and apparently they will be sold off anyway.
But, I know how you feel about selling some of them. I have a couple that I'd find it very hard to part with myself.
Nope I sold a few 100 since 2010 these stay with me unless the family needs something we cannot swing with household cash. Not a vacation guy and old truck is working fine :)
I want to make sure there is a good value left for my daughter to put on a mortgage some day plus they way the values are rising crazy to sell them now guns I was getting 750 for 4 years ago now getting 1500 and makes and models not being made any more

· Registered
18,486 Posts
I had one in the 760 model 30-06 cal. There's days I wished I had kept it. Very accurate it had a floating barrel. Looked just like that.
I collected the 760 and 7600 like I did the wingmasters since I was a pump man trying to get one of every caliper and almost did other than a 2506, 300 savage and a 222 I think rest I had
Had some super rare ones and one collector on nutz once I started to sell eventually got them all
I kept a few 243, a 280, 35W , 7mm08 and might be a 270 left also new not sure
rarest one I had which took me over 30 years to find was this 66 bdl 760 in 223 only a handful made over a few years
Planned on keeping it but when buddy offered 2300 plus shipping it was gone
Clay found it and I bought it from him originally as you can see in the pic

· Registered
5,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I collected the 760 and 7600 like I did the wingmasters since I was a pump man trying to get one of every caliper and almost did other than a 2506, 300 savage and a 222 I think rest I had
Had some super rare ones and one collector on nutz once I started to sell eventually got them all
I kept a few 243, a 280, 35W , 7mm08 and might be a 270 left also new not sure
rarest one I had which took me over 30 years to find was this 66 bdl 760 in 223 only a handful made over a few years
Planned on keeping it but when buddy offered 2300 plus shipping it was gone
Clay found it and I bought it from him originally as you can see in the pic
Clay has some on his site that almost made me take the bait but I better keep things cool here with me ordering a side by side:)

1 - 20 of 248 Posts