Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,078 Posts
Yes those are some very, very nice guns! At today's prices you really should consider selling off some of them now and spend the money on a vacation, new truck or whatever. Remember, you can't take them with you and apparently they will be sold off anyway.
But, I know how you feel about selling some of them. I have a couple that I'd find it very hard to part with myself.

· Registered
1,078 Posts
EV’s are not suited for our Winters. The concept of going fully electric sounds good to the climate extremists… but these clowns don’t realize what has to be done to achieve this goal. No such thing as an emission free car. All they are doing, is transferring the emissions to another place. I read an interview not long ago, with a big oil executive, and he said, “if the whole planet went to electric vehicles tomorrow, we would not likely see any difference in our oil production or sales”. Oil is here to stay, and switching to EV’s will not make one difference. Just heard on the news yesterday, that our ozone layer is starting to “heal itself”. How is this even possible ???? Keep drinkintg the Koolaid !!
sorry for the side track
I think that oil exec was slinging BS and trying to control the narrative. They don't care about the environment one tiny little bit. They care about money! If NO car on earth burned gas or diesel of course it would affect total usage of oil. But, I agree it wouldn't drop to zero. IMO, building heating, shipping, military usage, use in the plastic resin industry will all continue until everyone reading this is long dead and then some.

I just read an article about the ozone layer. Good news for once! The fact that its healing does makes sense when you consider that the common use of refrigerants was stopped many years ago now. Apparently that was a major cause of the problem. Plus, cars are not nearly as bad for emissions as they used to be.

· Registered
1,078 Posts
This reversal in the size of the hole in the ozone layer does show that IF society takes meaningful actions on environmental issues we can make a difference.
Global warming can be brought under control. Many seemingly small changes will add up and save the planet for our grandchildren.

· Registered
1,078 Posts
All you guys with your fancy guns, my favorite gun is my NEF single shot .44. It comes out, goes bang, game over, work begins. Same with the H&R 3006 and the rest of the single shot rifles i have here. I was taught that if you made a good first shot there was no need for a follow-up.
In my collection now the only repeating rifle i have is an anchutz/cil .22 bolt action 5shot clip.
Maybe yall need shooting lessons if you need another shot 🙂😂
Only twice have I needed a quick second shot. Missed the first shot with the Hawken and the deer got tired of waiting for me to reload.☹. Even a single shot cartridge rifle would have easily sealed the deal both times.

· Registered
1,078 Posts
One of my old Hondas. Still purrs like a kitten. I run Yamaha grizzly now but still take her and her sister out to stretch her legs every so often.

Long love the ATC
View attachment 99324
People used to crap on the three wheelers about safety. But, like everything else, you had to start slow and learn how to properly handle them. Not at all unlike a car, motorcycle or snowmobile and many hand tools for that matter. I had a Honda 200M and absolutely loved it. Nice comfortable, reliable quiet machine.

· Registered
1,078 Posts
Damn right Toyota my man. Bulletproof all I ever drive.
maybe I’m consumer racist towards American or European car brands though.
Well if you are so are a hell of a lot of other people! I drove GM for years and then switched Nissan, then Honda and now Subaru. They simply last longer and have fewer stupid things go wrong than most American cars IMO.

· Registered
1,078 Posts
My father had one, a Yamaha. I quickly learned not to put a deer on the back rack and try to drive up a hill!
Yes. That would not have worked out well based on my experience. Wife got half way up a fairly steep bank with ours and stopped then jerked the throttle. Over backwards we went but luckily were not hurt.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts