Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2,127 Posts
I have a few rare guns a couple of them being passed down in the family, and one gun that is super rare that was recently given to me. I said this before there are some recently rare guns all over the place now as gun manufacturers change features/calibers and configurations regularly now so a lot of times a gun that might have had a run from 5-10 years ago is no longer available and "rare".

· Registered
2,127 Posts
Saves money I guess Those 200 stevens were such a good deal for what one got everyone should have bought and kept at least one
I thought because they were cheap to buy they were cheaply made and boy was I wrong
I think though at the time for $200 or so more you could get something even better though, that's probably why.

· Registered
2,127 Posts
No nothing was as cheap as they were new and of such quality. It was not that long ago maybe 2007???
Lol 16 years ago now, IIRC they were in the $300 range, at that time I got a nice savage model 11, beautiful solid wood stock, metal magazine, brand new for $515. Still have it and its a tack driver.

· Registered
2,127 Posts
My oldest is quite schooled. One day bringing up this subject he said that no one needs oil or gas going into the future. I said what lubercates the transmission and bearings in an EV, but oil, nope he said? EV trannies contain gallons of oil but I guess many think other wise.
Roads, plastics, computer parts, everything in our modern society comes from oil, that's why we are living the life we do now.

· Registered
2,127 Posts
Only the rich will afford EV's, they are expensive now for anything decent and not going to get any cheaper as the rare earth minerals used in the batteries become harder to extract, more environmental regulations for them etc. and this just isn't me saying this Joe can do some googling on his own. In the last couple weeks it was announced there isn't going to be enough materials to replace every ICE car with an EV one. The future is set, gov't wants people in cities, low carbon footprint, lower cost of delivering services and infrastructure, they want you not to have a vehicle at all actually. The ones that do will be well off, the EV drivers who can afford 100k + vehicles and those that can afford the new taxes they will dream up for those not living in a city core.

Toyota is going full on hyrdrogen cars which hopefully they will have a break through on and more wide acceptance but the infrastructure needs to be in place, I know some transport trucks run on it. It's proven tech and has been around since the 60's when NASA used it. I think all the busses in Iceland are hydrogen. They have it easy though, unlimited access to thermal heating which can create green hydrogen. You see lots in the news lately about hydrogen. Google that too Joe.

FYI EV's are useless for transport trucks, pickup trucks for towing etc. Batteries are crazy heavy and can't tow anything. EV's are good for a city vehicle IMO. The F-150 lighting is good for a grocery getter but you can watch the videos of a guy posting about trying to tow his utility trailer to pick up a couch 30 miles away, mileage shot and damn for 100k I would expect better. The tech and batteries will get marginally better but there are still a lot of laws of physics that will hamstring EV's forever.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts