Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
5,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I collected the 760 and 7600 like I did the wingmasters since I was a pump man trying to get one of every caliper and almost did other than a 2506, 300 savage and a 222 I think rest I had
Had some super rare ones and one collector on nutz once I started to sell eventually got them all
I kept a few 243, a 280, 35W , 7mm08 and might be a 270 left also new not sure
rarest one I had which took me over 30 years to find was this 66 bdl 760 in 223 only a handful made over a few years
Planned on keeping it but when buddy offered 2300 plus shipping it was gone
Clay found it and I bought it from him originally as you can see in the pic
Clay has some on his site that almost made me take the bait but I better keep things cool here with me ordering a side by side:)

· Registered
5,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Yes but I am puzzled with what has gone on with Honda. I am hearing people canceled there orders last year after waiting 8 months. As it sits now, Honda is the only one that is not advertising 2023 models, while others have 2023's arriving on there lots? The dealership showed me their orders which have not been even been confirmed by Honda. The news says Honda is shutting down a lot of there small engine stuff to build electric?

· Registered
5,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Because people don't buy much and have no idea what it has been like to get anything the last 3 years
Your dealer is wrong they are stopping making vehicles by 2040 and going all electric and it blows me away why they would not know what is going on since every dealership got a memo then again your post office doesn't read memo's either:p:p
They are stopping making lawm mowers this year and maybe brush cutters they say so they can make MORE ATV's and you may be caught up in the gap they expected to complete the change over and move
Not my words

Honda North America will also be discontinuing production of lawn mowers and other types of select small engine powered equipment in 2023. The bulletin discussed the issues of maintaining compliance with more stringent environmental regulations and maintaining competitiveness as reasons for pulling out of the US lawn mower market.

The bulletin, which I quickly scanned over, also mentioned Honda either decommissioning the facility that currently manufactures lawn mowers and retrofitting it to make ATVs/UTVs at the end of 2023. It also sounded like Honda would be temporarily cease production of ATVs (four wheelers only) for a short period of time while production of these machines is moved to another facility (possible the one where mowers are made).but that has not been confirmed
No Joe there is no Hondas at any dealership in Nova Scotia. So its not just here, I have scoured every province, nothing new anywhere. I have seen one or two old stock in Ontario but none will move them between dealerships Any other manufacture of side by sides sells out within an hour, the crazyness continues. Looks like I will be using my tractor for hunting, it can carry lots of bait and scoop up big bucks:) With my back hoe attachment I can also bury buddies stand that he put in place of mine:)

· Registered
5,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
No if one believes the memo which I do I would say there is a gap in production all across north americia right now until get they get these plants changed over
I still think you should be looking at one of the bikes :p
Can't be good for business. I tried to get them to deal on a 2022 that they have that someone waited 8 months before they got fed up and canceled. Oddly they seemed if they could care less. It really is not my choice also. I am thinking they got your order, so sell the left over to someone else is the logic?

· Registered
5,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
This is one that got away from me and I kick my ass to this day never even fired it and have never seen one again in camo other than this one on
gun broker
It was a stevens 200 in 223 :(

I don't know what the logic was to make rifles these days with no sites? I would think the rifle with sites would appeal to more.

· Registered
5,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Like the mrs just reminded me
We had to order the plastic we need for planting in 2023 by august 1st and did. The last delivery date I got was here nov 5th well still not even in canada yet and I will be lucky to have it by april when I need it I am hearing
It is everything and of course they are blaming the lack of plastic resin in the us of course coming from china they say Which I find hard to believe if they are taking us over :D
One can really see EV's working 😀

· Registered
5,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
They hold the cards . All they have to do is stop selling gas. Good lord we went like 5 or 6 days here with none during the storm and it was unreal the impact it had. The price of hay one would have to be rich today to have a horse
Was saying that to the wife the other day after watching a western. We had horses, rifles in the early days for protection and to get food. If the general public believe we do not need a firearm why do we house and feed horses?

· Registered
5,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
EV’s are not suited for our Winters. The concept of going fully electric sounds good to the climate extremists… but these clowns don’t realize what has to be done to achieve this goal. No such thing as an emission free car. All they are doing, is transferring the emissions to another place. I read an interview not long ago, with a big oil executive, and he said, “if the whole planet went to electric vehicles tomorrow, we would not likely see any difference in our oil production or sales”. Oil is here to stay, and switching to EV’s will not make one difference. Just heard on the news yesterday, that our ozone layer is starting to “heal itself”. How is this even possible ???? Keep drinking the Koolaid !!
sorry for the side track
My oldest is quite schooled. One day bringing up this subject he said that no one needs oil or gas going into the future. I said what lubercates the transmission and bearings in an EV, but oil, nope he said? EV trannies contain gallons of oil but I guess many think other wise.

· Registered
5,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Your son must have taken after his mom:p
Honestly some electric cars have transmission fluid, while others do not.

Their electric driving motors can apply torque in a much more consistent and fine-tuned way, meaning that they do not need a transmission to apply necessary torque.
However, some recently manufactured electric cars, such as the tesla, do have a transmission and needs oil , as creating the right balance between torque and speed can sometimes be difficult without one for some manufacturers.
So whether or not your car has a transmission, and therefore transmission fluid, will be determined by the type of electric car you buy.

You should have learned by now never question your kids on this new stuff and think you are right mine just rolls her eyes and says dad you are 30 years behind the way you think :(
I never seen anyone of them that don't have a transmission to apply torgue, any videos I watched needed a transmission for that. There is actually a video that shows this with tesla cars. I think they drained 3 gallons out of it. What is going to lube bearings in the wheel assemblies? Do you know of a model?

· Registered
5,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
TS - If you have or ever buy and then want to sell a 45-70 Trapper let me know, my father is on the hunt for one. Marlin just announced they're re-making them now under Ruger's ownership....sweet little guns but the price tag is definitely up there.
Every 45-70 I had I moved as I found they were not something being used, just over kill for what I hunted. I even moved the 444 I had.

· Registered
5,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
All you guys with your fancy guns, my favorite gun is my NEF single shot .44. It comes out, goes bang, game over, work begins. Same with the H&R 3006 and the rest of the single shot rifles i have here. I was taught that if you made a good first shot there was no need for a follow-up.
In my collection now the only repeating rifle i have is an anchutz/cil .22 bolt action 5shot clip.
Maybe yall need shooting lessons if you need another shot 🙂😂
Tree stand hunting, antlered deer regulations, and baiting makes it a one shot deal for me. You maybe the smart one with single shoot rifles the way the government is going. I have thought about it. I did have one in a Thompson 270. sold it as they never put any injection on it when you opened it to reload. Had to grab the empty casing with your finger, gloves off. They were highly sought after, don't know why.

· Registered
5,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
Are you speaking of ATVs? Wasn’t aware of Honda shortage but I will say this, hondas new small engines for generators and such, now made in China. Perfect .
Yes atv's and side by sides. Some folks have waited 8 months and just gave up. To date there is not even models for new 2023 being advertised by Honda when other dealers already have units on there lot. I think they just shot themselves in the head. Snow blowers, generators also, any thing marked Honda no stock. Far as I am concerned Honda never built junk. I will take there product over others. They have one of the best track records.

· Registered
5,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
What are you looking for?pro cycle has 2023 420 and 520 on the floor around 5-6 units last week.If you order in a certain model its 1-3 month wait time atm and some models they arent currently making due to parts shortage.Gwsampson 3 month wait for my 2023
Most dealers that have something is spoken for. They usually are units people waited half a year for. Was told yesterday there is no stock to deliver to each dealer across the board. What comes in is in order of when each dealer took that request. My order could be way down the line compared to ones that went in months before. Not looking for an atv. Side by side. I do see yamaha leading he pact when it comes to new units for 2023. The wolverine 850 seems to be arriving at many dealers. Don't know anything about them but may have to go have a look. There price is better than Honda, and with accessories thrown in.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts