Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
21 - 40 of 248 Posts

· Registered
524 Posts
I collected the 760 and 7600 like I did the wingmasters since I was a pump man trying to get one of every caliper and almost did other than a 2506, 300 savage and a 222 I think rest I had
Had some super rare ones and one collector on nutz once I started to sell eventually got them all
I kept a few 243, a 280, 35W , 7mm08 and might be a 270 left also new not sure
rarest one I had which took me over 30 years to find was this 66 bdl 760 in 223 only a handful made over a few years
Planned on keeping it but when buddy offered 2300 plus shipping it was gone
Clay found it and I bought it from him originally as you can see in the pic

Did that Bdl 760 have the pressed in checkering (inward vs raised diamond) like on my 700 Bdl in 30-06. I think mine is a 1965. I can't really tell from the picture but it looks like it does.

· Registered
5,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Yes but I am puzzled with what has gone on with Honda. I am hearing people canceled there orders last year after waiting 8 months. As it sits now, Honda is the only one that is not advertising 2023 models, while others have 2023's arriving on there lots? The dealership showed me their orders which have not been even been confirmed by Honda. The news says Honda is shutting down a lot of there small engine stuff to build electric?

· Registered
18,485 Posts
Yes but I am puzzled with what has gone on with Honda. I am hearing people canceled there orders last year after waiting 8 months. As it sits now, Honda is the only one that is not advertising 2023 models, while others have 2023's arriving on there lots? The dealership showed me their orders which have not been even been confirmed by Honda. The news says Honda is shutting down a lot of there small engine stuff to build electric?
Because people don't buy much and have no idea what it has been like to get anything the last 3 years
Your dealer is wrong they are stopping making vehicles by 2040 and going all electric and it blows me away why they would not know what is going on since every dealership got a memo then again your post office doesn't read memo's either:p:p
They are stopping making lawm mowers this year and maybe brush cutters they say so they can make MORE ATV's and you may be caught up in the gap they expected to complete the change over and move
Not my words

Honda North America will also be discontinuing production of lawn mowers and other types of select small engine powered equipment in 2023. The bulletin discussed the issues of maintaining compliance with more stringent environmental regulations and maintaining competitiveness as reasons for pulling out of the US lawn mower market.

The bulletin, which I quickly scanned over, also mentioned Honda either decommissioning the facility that currently manufactures lawn mowers and retrofitting it to make ATVs/UTVs at the end of 2023. It also sounded like Honda would be temporarily cease production of ATVs (four wheelers only) for a short period of time while production of these machines is moved to another facility (possible the one where mowers are made).but that has not been confirmed

· Registered
18,485 Posts
Did that Bdl 760 have the pressed in checkering (inward vs raised diamond) like on my 700 Bdl in 30-06. I think mine is a 1965. I can't really tell from the picture but it looks like it does.
that gun had what remington called it's basket weave checkering and not going to help you nail down a date since it was used into the late 70's on bdl until they went to the fleur de lis checkering

· Registered
524 Posts
I looked it up before, 3Macs, but sitting in the back of the safe. Those earlier bdls had the checkering almost ironed into the wood prior to carving the checkering. With so many going through my hands over the years, I have a hard time keeping them all straight. I had one that while I don't believe rare or expensive, more odd than anything was a Ithaca M49. Looked like a Winchester lever 22 complete with a fake tube under the barrel. Action was a falling block single shot. A guy at the gun club wanted it really badly, so I traded for a brand new bolt action .22 mag laminated stock Marlin. Kinda wish that I would have kept it along with a Browning BL-22 Grade 2 that I sold. When hundreds go through your hands over the years, it's hard to keep them all.

· Registered
5,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Because people don't buy much and have no idea what it has been like to get anything the last 3 years
Your dealer is wrong they are stopping making vehicles by 2040 and going all electric and it blows me away why they would not know what is going on since every dealership got a memo then again your post office doesn't read memo's either:p:p
They are stopping making lawm mowers this year and maybe brush cutters they say so they can make MORE ATV's and you may be caught up in the gap they expected to complete the change over and move
Not my words

Honda North America will also be discontinuing production of lawn mowers and other types of select small engine powered equipment in 2023. The bulletin discussed the issues of maintaining compliance with more stringent environmental regulations and maintaining competitiveness as reasons for pulling out of the US lawn mower market.

The bulletin, which I quickly scanned over, also mentioned Honda either decommissioning the facility that currently manufactures lawn mowers and retrofitting it to make ATVs/UTVs at the end of 2023. It also sounded like Honda would be temporarily cease production of ATVs (four wheelers only) for a short period of time while production of these machines is moved to another facility (possible the one where mowers are made).but that has not been confirmed
No Joe there is no Hondas at any dealership in Nova Scotia. So its not just here, I have scoured every province, nothing new anywhere. I have seen one or two old stock in Ontario but none will move them between dealerships Any other manufacture of side by sides sells out within an hour, the crazyness continues. Looks like I will be using my tractor for hunting, it can carry lots of bait and scoop up big bucks:) With my back hoe attachment I can also bury buddies stand that he put in place of mine:)

· Registered
18,485 Posts
First run of Bdl 700. 172xxx serial number. 1967 from Remington book. Pressed checkering and Fleur-de-LIs chambered in 30-06.
Is that what you gun is. It is a keeper if so 1962 I think was the
first year of them without looking or that might just be the 700 not the bdl I didnot think the fleur de lis was that early but could be wrong but not up to speed on rifles either

· Registered
18,485 Posts
No Joe there is no Hondas at any dealership in Nova Scotia. So its not just here, I have scoured every province, nothing new anywhere. I have seen one or two old stock in Ontario but none will move them between dealerships Any other manufacture of side by sides sells out within an hour, the crazyness continues. Looks like I will be using my tractor for hunting, it can carry lots of bait and scoop up big bucks:) With my back hoe attachment I can also bury buddies stand that he put in place of mine:)
No if one believes the memo which I do I would say there is a gap in production all across north americia right now until get they get these plants changed over
I still think you should be looking at one of the bikes :p

21 - 40 of 248 Posts