Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
41 - 60 of 248 Posts

· Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
No if one believes the memo which I do I would say there is a gap in production all across north americia right now until get they get these plants changed over
I still think you should be looking at one of the bikes :p
Can't be good for business. I tried to get them to deal on a 2022 that they have that someone waited 8 months before they got fed up and canceled. Oddly they seemed if they could care less. It really is not my choice also. I am thinking they got your order, so sell the left over to someone else is the logic?

· Registered
18,481 Posts
Can't be good for business. I tried to get them to deal on a 2022 that they have that someone waited 8 months before they got fed up and canceled. Oddly they seemed if they could care less. It really is not my choice also. I am thinking they got your order, so sell the left over to someone else is the logic?
Honda never cares because they know there will be 100 behind you to buy what they have for what they want they never make a deal in my experiences with them I remember when the HSS new series of snow blower came out mrs wanted me to buy one it was like 4000 bucks and they would not even let me start it and said the price is what you see I said see ya I will keep my old ones

· Registered
524 Posts
3Macs, that is based on the book, "Remington 700: 25 Years 1962-1987" by John F. Lacy. The book lists the action serial numbers as follows:
1000-387347 1st block in 1967
The letter prefix before the serial # started with "A" on August 25, 1975.

That's what I read anyway. The old girl is in great shape with a beautiful grain Monte Carlo stock. Shot my first deer with it.

· Registered
18,481 Posts
3Macs, that is based on the book, "Remington 700: 25 Years 1962-1987" by John F. Lacy. The book lists the action serial numbers as follows:
1000-387347 1st block in 1967
The letter prefix before the serial # started with "A" on August 25, 1975.

That's what I read anyway. The old girl is in great shape with a beautiful grain Monte Carlo stock. Shot my first deer with it.
Ok I have that book somewhere also but have no clue right now like I said just going off the top of my head and not up to speed on their rifles as far as this stuff goes I thought letters started in 68 but that maybe shotguns and as you say from the book

Remington 700 (both ADL and BDL models) receiver/actions were produced starting in 1962 with serial number 1000 and ran to serial number 387347 in November of 1968. The barrels with their own date codes told the actual date of firearm assembly or close-to date prior to shipping.
These early rifles had a "stripper clip" charging cut-out in the top-back of the receiver feed/ejection port, a "tombstone shaped" safety, and many if not all were bored and tapped for a peep-sight on the back left side of the receiver. Some prepped for peep-sights even had the stock cut-out for the site from the factory but were then filled back in with a glued-in-place piece of walnut. Some stocks came with blackened/checkered aluminum butt plates and I believe that the 7mm mag came with a Remington factory rubber butt plate (at some point). (Some of these hardware details are my observations from my collection rifles with action numbers of 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8-digits.) The barrels with their own date codes told the actual date of firearm assembly or close-to date prior to shipping.
In November of 1968 receiver production (minus the charger cut-out, tombstone safety, aluminum butt, and peep-sight drill and tap) started with serial number 6200000 and ran to serial number 6899999 in August of 1975. Starting in August of 1975 the letter "A" was added preceding the serial numbers and lasted until January of 1980. "B" became the first letter of the serial number starting in January of 1980 and ran until November of 1987. "C" started serial numbers from November 1987 onward. The ADL model was discontinued in 2005.

· Registered
524 Posts
That is better info. Mine would be older than 1967 then with a serial number in the low 172xxx. I didn't see a serial number on the left side of the barrel. I recall talking to Remington back when they did their trigger recall (mine did not require one) and that is why I thought I was told it was a 1965 but I could be confusing it with a Winchester model 94 I have which is also a 1965.

· Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
This is one that got away from me and I kick my ass to this day never even fired it and have never seen one again in camo other than this one on
gun broker
It was a stevens 200 in 223 :(

I don't know what the logic was to make rifles these days with no sites? I would think the rifle with sites would appeal to more.

· Registered
18,481 Posts
Saves money I guess Those 200 stevens were such a good deal for what one got everyone should have bought and kept at least one
I thought because they were cheap to buy they were cheaply made and boy was I wrong

· Registered
18,481 Posts
Like the mrs just reminded me
We had to order the plastic we need for planting in 2023 by august 1st and did. The last delivery date I got was here nov 5th well still not even in canada yet and I will be lucky to have it by april when I need it I am hearing
It is everything and of course they are blaming the lack of plastic resin in the us of course coming from china they say Which I find hard to believe if they are taking us over :D

· Registered
2,127 Posts
Saves money I guess Those 200 stevens were such a good deal for what one got everyone should have bought and kept at least one
I thought because they were cheap to buy they were cheaply made and boy was I wrong
I think though at the time for $200 or so more you could get something even better though, that's probably why.

· Registered
2,127 Posts
No nothing was as cheap as they were new and of such quality. It was not that long ago maybe 2007???
Lol 16 years ago now, IIRC they were in the $300 range, at that time I got a nice savage model 11, beautiful solid wood stock, metal magazine, brand new for $515. Still have it and its a tack driver.

· Registered
524 Posts
I bought a model 11 for mama around that time as well. Synthetic stock, in .243, with accutrigger and integral muzzle brake. She was shooting 3/4" groups with it with federal premiums. She took a whitetail and a mule deer with it.

· Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Like the mrs just reminded me
We had to order the plastic we need for planting in 2023 by august 1st and did. The last delivery date I got was here nov 5th well still not even in canada yet and I will be lucky to have it by april when I need it I am hearing
It is everything and of course they are blaming the lack of plastic resin in the us of course coming from china they say Which I find hard to believe if they are taking us over :D
One can really see EV's working 😀

· Registered
2,487 Posts
This is one that got away from me and I kick my ass to this day never even fired it and have never seen one again in camo other than this one on
gun broker
It was a stevens 200 in 223 :(
Accuracy wise these rifles were way above their price point . I have a Stevens 200 in 223 rem but with the gray stock . also had one in win 270 that was a very good shooter . the 223 is a tack driver with every bullet from 40 gr to 60gr that I have loaded for it .

· Registered
18,481 Posts
Accuracy wise these rifles were way above their price point . I have a Stevens 200 in 223 rem but with the gray stock . also had one in win 270 that was a very good shooter . the 223 is a tack driver with every bullet from 40 gr to 60gr that I have loaded for it .
Agree I had one in 243 I reloaded for and shot and as you say. problem was by the time we figured out how good they were they stopped making them :(

41 - 60 of 248 Posts