Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Must be the sign of the times to stay fresh and new, and keep selling but damn guns are going out of production it seems quicker all the time. Even the past 10 years models/versions of guns I bought new are no longer made.

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
Yeah I guess if they don’t sell enough they stop making them. I was really surprised when browning stopped making the high power

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yeah I guess if they don’t sell enough they stop making them. I was really surprised when browning stopped making the high power
I am even talking about slight variations like types of barrels/stocks/colors and even caliber changes changing by the year.

·
Administrator
10,924 Posts
YUP...you're right man...lots of variances now...some subtle, some not. I always look forward to the new models being hailed at the SHOT show every year. Special specials so to speak. Sad thing is when they come out with a great new product, it'll only be produced for a yr or two..then gone ! Or...a "better & cheaper" version will be unveiled. Some tend to linger on a bit. Flavor of the decade is now flavor of the few yrs. Still see the tried , tested and true one available from yr to year. The Classics !! They're just that...but the EVER increasing costs are now requiring the greasing of our personal bung-ho to obtain them !

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Frig even "Old " levers just as much or more as new ones ! One has to be savy and simply check web sites and do shop comparing who got better price plus who will give deals on shipping .

Been looking at several BPS 20 gauges , plenty around for above retail , But have my eye on few that are very reasonable priced for their age and condition , plus they are no longer in production guns , simple changes on a great working reliable design

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
The way this country is going it won’t matter cause you won’t be allowed to own any firearm.

·
Registered
16,694 Posts
Frig even "Old " levers just as much or more as new ones ! One has to be savy and simply check web sites and do shop comparing who got better price plus who will give deals on shipping .

Been looking at several BPS 20 gauges , plenty around for above retail , But have my eye on few that are very reasonable priced for their age and condition , plus they are no longer in production guns , simple changes on a great working reliable design
Did not know that. Wonder why. Christ they cleaned out them all :(
I split my set over the last 5 years and seems I gave them away based on today's pricing. My 20ga was mint and sold for 600 as did the 12ga and the 12ga 3 1/2 went for 650 she was camo. 10ga went many years ago it was hard on the shoulder after buying a GOLD
Still have the 16 , 28 and 410 which are all new and never fired
Think I may hold off selling to see what they will go up to now that they are no longer made. I have a standing offer on the 28 and 16 which may have to go up now
They never fit me right seems my arms are too short and I just bought them to have a set to go with my other shotguns
Cheers

·
Registered
16,694 Posts

Did some looking not going to be gone for long they say which is good. Not my words

Production will be the same as it has been for decades in a short time. What IS changing are a few updates like an Inflex Recoil pad, oversized trigger guard for ease of use with gloves, new synthetic stocks that will allow for cutting to shorten LOP if need be and a new updated styling to the gun. Generally same BPS as we have all come to love.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Obviously they (Browning) still make the BPS. I don't think they discontinued the line altogether. I just bought a new .410. I have 3 BPS's. Great for a left hand shooter like myself. I have a 1993 12g with an engraved receiver and 2 .410's ... one being an unfired Medallion... that will never likely see the outdors.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Should have stated BPS line still in production , just certain grades that were discontinued from over time, I'm more a fan of the older style , don't care for the newer butt stock or butt pad style , tried couple already . It's like everything once you get the feel of particular design and it fits you , change is hard to get used to .

New BPS still sell from $919-949 in ALL gauges , now grades will determine it from base pricing . Just picked up 20 gauge 1990 in box from collector in Quebec for $800 shipped . About what it sold for back in the day , saying that older mint guns are going wayyyyyyy about retail of new higher grades . Seen one the other day sold for $1500 for just plain jane BPS Hunter with Synthetic stock . Someone forgot to do homework

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Sold off all my bow and cross bow gear only to buy another Crossbow once again .
I have 8 basements being dug next to my hunting camp, hunting camp she is no more. Figure I still could snag a few with a bow before it all gets populated. A piece of wood lot only 9 acres went up for sale next to me, no listed road, no chance of power ever being put in, 1 mile off the road. I put an offer in to purchase for the wood etc. It sold for roughly $9000 an acre, good grief, my taxes are going to go crazy. The crazy thing is the property was bought four years ago at a normal price for $7500. The world has gone mad.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts