Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last 2-3 months I’ve noticed a drone come every couple of nights, it looks like a star but bolder and brighter, what made me notice them is them hovering back and forth in relation to the stationary stars around it, tonight there are 2 and they are very active, I don’t half to focus hard to notice they’re zooming all over the place, id guesstimate they’re 1500 ft up or so tops, they’re movement is dramatic so I reckon they can’t be super high. I’m way out in the woods so this is super creepy and unusual for me.

Go out and stargaze, pay attention to the sky, I know elons satellites litter the sky now, but these are very obviously drones.

I just need to ask anyone if they’ve noticed any drone activity as well?

· Registered
17,701 Posts
Do you live close to buckmark on the south shore I have seen drones here buy only in the day and only from relators taking pics getting a home ready to sell
I asked and they did some pics of my place for me and my garden real; cool

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you live close to buckmark on the south shore
theres 2 right now on opposite ends of the sky, I sat next to a tree and used the tree as a “sight” and very clearly see them both zinging around.

The first couple times I seen it I thought I was seeing things or going crazy. I’m not and this is very creepy. I do live south shore

· Registered
905 Posts
Buckmark may be right. I agree it seems creepy. Seriously, if I were you, I'd call the RCMP or town police and report it. While there probably isn't any law against it, it seems like a bit of an invasion of privacy to me

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quick story
My old bud was seeing a drone over his yard for weeks and figured the rcmp was watching him. he stopped going out to his garden and even peeing in the yard :)
Then one day a kid came in the yard and said sir have you seen my drone I live three doors down and it crashed somewhere around here :)
My first thought would be that it is a kid, but the range on the cheap drones ain’t that far and no kid lived within 5km of me. The fact I seen 2 just tonight confirmed to me it ain’t no kid or civilian

I wouldn’t be so shocked in a town or city. But I’m out where folks go to hunt and make camps, middle of nowhere

· Registered
3,437 Posts
Perhaps I should have put a question mark behind military training. Punctuation is everything. I have heard of these before and my buddy that lives by the Greenwood base says he sees them all the time.

· Registered
17,701 Posts
My first thought would be that it is a kid, but the range on the cheap drones ain’t that far and no kid lived within 5km of me. The fact I seen 2 just tonight confirmed to me it ain’t no kid or civilian

I wouldn’t be so shocked in a town or city. But I’m out where folks go to hunt and make camps, middle of nowhere
It is the night to me that is strange

· Registered
667 Posts
Yea I’d do what others have said and contact RCMP or DNR. Something seems strange about that and I find it a little unsettling. Who knows what people can get their hands on but my mind thinks someone’s using them to look for deer. If you’re techy enough I don’t think it’d be that hard to get a thermal camera rigged up on one of those. I’d feel more comfortable getting someone to atleast check it out. Just my opinion anyway.

· Registered
17,701 Posts
Not sure if this helps but talked to the real estate friend this morning that uses a drone daily and she said she uses one she paid like 600 bucks for that will do 10 kms at 4000 meters high which shocked me

This one

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yea I’d do what others have said and contact RCMP or DNR. Something seems strange about that and I find it a little unsettling. Who knows what people can get their hands on but my mind thinks someone’s using them to look for deer. If you’re techy enough I don’t think it’d be that hard to get a thermal camera rigged up on one of those. I’d feel more comfortable getting someone to atleast check it out. Just my opinion anyway.
Can’t imagine that’s what it’s for Christ can throw a rock randomly and almost hit a deer in these parts.
I was flashing leds at them just to let ‘em know I know. Gonna try to find some laser pointers, too bad radar jammers are illegal

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Not sure if this helps but talked to the real estate friend this morning that uses a drone daily and she said she uses one she paid like 600 bucks for that will do 10 kms at 4000 meters high which shocked me

This one

I’m just so sickened of technology. Can’t have no privacy these day. Can’t do nothing really

· Registered
17,701 Posts
I’m just so sickened of technology. Can’t have no privacy these day. Can’t do nothing really
It blew me away I can tell you that for only 600 bucks .never would I have figured that 4000M high we cannot even see it if they wanted to hide and knowing that now christ knows who is watching you and could be kids since most have 1000 sell phones so what is a 600 buck drone

· Registered
2,823 Posts
If you cam remember far enough back, KPR is running them and he has a $3000 upgraded one and hes been drooling over another one he saw for $25000. The technology is there for anyone with deep pockets.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts