Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used one of these fat tire e-bike for hunting yet? Picked one up this year and thinking on giving it a try going to and from the stand. Waiting to hear back from DNR to see if there are any special rules that apply to transport/carry in this situation.

·
Administrator
10,197 Posts
It's EARTH GREEN OK'D....QUIET AS A CATHOLIC CHURCH CONFESSIONAL...ECO FRIENDLY AND USES NO PETROLIUM BASED ANYTHING(even uses eco grease)

Can't see what the issue could ever be....not like you'll be shooting from the hip as you fly across some choppin's LOL

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Id think the same rules for any other vehicle would apply for transport.
Better bring a good length of rope for hauling out the deer, or a wagon. My first deer was brought home on the bike rack of a 10 speed and tied to me; From topple dr, burnside, to behind the bridge plaza in dartmouth. It was not a pleasant or enjoyable trip.

·
GREYBEARD
2,927 Posts
Or maybe a friend with a pickup.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I would weld two bikes together and voila , an E 4 wheeler😎

·
Registered
78 Posts
I bought an Ebike this year. Lots of fun on the Great Trail and a hell of a lot less work than a mountain bike! I've also been considering using it to get to my stand. My only concern is getting around the water/mud holes. I don't think its a good idea to get it soaked and risk shorting out.
Anywhere you're allowed to use an ATV I don't see any reason why anEbike would not also be OK. I also assume that since an Ebike technically has a motor, electric but still a motor, you would have to transport a firearm on it unloaded and cased.
No way you're transporting a deer on that baby though! :)

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
I bought an Ebike this year. Lots of fun on the Great Trail and a hell of a lot less work than a mountain bike! I've also been considering using it to get to my stand. My only concern is getting around the water/mud holes. I don't think its a good idea to get it soaked and risk shorting out.
Anywhere you're allowed to use an ATV I don't see any reason why anEbike would not also be OK. I also assume that since an Ebike technically has a motor, electric but still a motor, you would have to transport a firearm on it unloaded and cased.
No way you're transporting a deer on that baby though! :)
They do in other places with the add on optional cart
Cheers
Tire Wheel Sky Plant Cloud

·
Administrator
10,197 Posts
Wunder if they have tandem axle carts for you and me Joe ??

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Wunder if they have tandem axle carts for you and me Joe ??
Sure do but who in the hell will have enough strength to pull even one of us let alone two :D:D Then again maybe if we can get Tim with a rabbit hung 2 feet in front of his nose he could do it:p
Wheel Tire Bicycle Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Plant

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Not me, now the hounds might if they had a rolling start. Pups are starting to open their eyes so we are in trouble real soon. Maggie is still doing great and looking after them like a dutiful mother hen. Shes started taking longer away times and is sleeping in the kennel beside the whelping box. Boomer is curious but keeps a healthy distance.

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Not me, now the hounds might if they had a rolling start. Pups are starting to open their eyes so we are in trouble real soon. Maggie is still doing great and looking after them like a dutiful mother hen. Shes started taking longer away times and is sleeping in the kennel beside the whelping box. Boomer is curious but keeps a healthy distance.
Not you because you seen the both of US :D:D Real glad to hear the pups are doing well
Take care

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
3macs1
Not you because you seen the both of US :D:D Real glad to hear the pups are doing well
Take care

I’ve seen both of you as well. You & Kevin would be my first two picks in a tug-of-war competition. 💪💪 😉

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
3macs1
Take care

I’ve seen both of you as well. You & Kevin would be my first two picks in a tug-of-war competition. 💪💪 😉
Hey what are you saying :p against what a FORD truck :D:D
Nose Head Hand Arm Facial expression

1 - 15 of 15 Posts