Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In 3 days it has eaten 200lbs of apples and 100 lbs of carrots . While only 75 yards away 55 gallon drum of popcorn hot dog and nachos.. . Guessing he (square head) is 600 plus lbs since I don't have any items for scale thunder stick.
Plant Tree Natural landscape Wood Trunk
Not even a visit
Plant Tree Brown bear Carnivore Natural landscape
Flash photography Terrestrial animal Snout Monochrome Tail
to it and the other site 45 gallon drum popcorn hot dogs and nachos again. just got a pic of one walking away. Barrel not touched.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The cam is low and 10 feet away so it is a shooter but not a record.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
In 3 days it has eaten 200lbs of apples and 100 lbs of carrots . While only 75 yards away 55 gallon drum of popcorn hot dog and nachos.. . Guessing he (square head) is 600 plus lbs since I don't have any items for scale thunder stick.
View attachment 96604 Not even a visit View attachment 96605 View attachment 96606 to it and the other site 45 gallon drum popcorn hot dogs and nachos again. just got a pic of one walking away. Barrel not touched.
To bad the new site does not handle video, I could make you a believer. For the past ten years the bears I have will eat nothing but deer bait, apples, baby carrots. Never had them come for pop corn, vanilla all the other stuff bears are supposed to like. It is why I have to wait almost to November to deer hunt. Went done the road last year thinking I would bait them to draw them away from my deer stand. 3-4 of the big full bags of apples they ate per night, I even thought they ate it before I got back to my truck. Its all I have on my cams this year, stinky bistirds.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thunderstick..... Never heard of that before that I bear will pass up sweets for fruit and veggies. For me only ever fed them sweets and a few apples . Yes they find the carrots when feeding deer . Going to move the cam back and make some scale marks today.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Thunderstick..... Never heard of that before that I bear will pass up sweets for fruit and veggies. For me only ever fed them sweets and a few apples . Yes they find the carrots when feeding deer . Going to move the cam back and make some scale marks today.
The baby carrots from Sawlors they love. Of course the apples I dump are the ones from Gouchers market. the wife steals them for pies. There the good ones.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No one is eating the bait I have out. Did have a small bear go to the barrel took out one stick of the 2 closing in the opening. Then it left . At some point they have to get here.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Amazing what a couple days at the site can happen. Check out site 1 bear site . 2 cubs at night one is 50 lbs on barrel edge and the other is 100 lbs looking at the popcorn on barrel. 50 lbers in and out the completely open top.
Site 2 bear site 125 lber shows between 730am and 1140 for last 2 days . and a 200lber at 0930 pm
Site 3 deer apple site . Big sow and cub at midnight.
. So in a week from zero bears for weeks to 6 new ones . . So guys it just comes down to when they will show up.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Only one bear coming around occasionally . Was in a couple days ago at 423pm. 200 lber . Between 2nd ring and barrel top . Yesterday after 2 days of not sitting in stand I got there at 345pm at 420pm he showed up . Half way to barrel he winded me turned and walked away into swamp. . Figured he was coming to come in on next trail. Sure enough he came in . Didn't go to barrel but looked right at me at 22 yards. He wondered around a bit and then walked off into bush . I thought about filling the tag but I was a little tired from butchering the other bear . . And had a few things to do when I got home. So it was nice to see a bear at the site.
Going in today to cut a few big trees from my view. Wife is out of town for a few days so a buddy will be guarding the barrel for me. It will be his first NS bear if he fills his tag.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Plant Tree Natural landscape Wood Terrestrial plant

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
He was in @1625 on 15th
noon on the 16th
1623 on the 17th