Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any ex military people on this site ? I myself am ex military and am having problems with obtaining benefits from Veterans Affairs. I would like to hear from other vets on their experiences with dealing with Veterans Affairs

· Administrator
10,807 Posts
Everything in the news concerning our Vets and being able to get what is theirs is a government run stalemate and chit-show !!!

Our vets shouldn't have to pay for vehicle registration, insurance or licenses...or tax IMHO !! They've layed it ALL on the line for the rest of us...our kids and their kids !
Elected officials should all have to wear bags over their fn heads !!

· Registered
17,701 Posts
Everything in the news concerning our Vets and being able to get what is theirs is a government run stalemate and chit-show !!!

Our vets shouldn't have to pay for vehicle registration, insurance or licenses...or tax IMHO !! They've layed it ALL on the line for the rest of us...our kids and their kids !
Elected officials should all have to wear bags over their fn heads !!
Agree Kevin. They should be taken care of 100% but not just here have friends in the US and it is real bad there also
One friend as he says good enough to work on m16's in the gulf war and now have to flip burgers to eat
It is sad

· Registered
911 Posts
Don't stop fighting call ombudsman maybe certain legions can help get every bit of info you can on injuries photo copy everything send registered letters thats just the start..Peterr Stofford was a great advicate ask to see a case manager if you hav'nt already,The biggest thing is don't get discouraged keep appealing till your dead....You need your medical files they are in ottawa request a copy they come on dvd now.It takes time......

· Registered
7,526 Posts
Totally disgusting how vets are treated
Call your MP and insist he/she gets involved and straightens things out. Don’t be afraid to tell them that’s their job helping out their constituents they work for you and tell them you voted for them, Insist on talking to the MP DONOT leave it with their staff.

Reactions: TonyM

· Registered
5,078 Posts
I'm ex-army but current navy so I haven't had to deal with the VA yet. People wonder why we have recruitment issues when we treat the vets the way we do. And I don't just mean the government. A good chunk of society is anti-military globalist mindset.
When it comes to remeberance day people remember, but other than that having a military means little to many. One never sees support or concern at election time, never a mention. Our two leaders running the Liberal party once said they believed the military was not a big requirement these days as the world was stable? So treat people like garbage and allow the standards to be removed we now have more like a circus. Thats the nice way of saying it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts