Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
I suppose it was only a matter of time before something like that hit the market. I'm not a bow/crossbow guy...not too sure what to make of it.

·
Super Moderator
9,769 Posts
Dammmmmm...poor ol Carrot won't stand a chance now !!!!

·
Registered
6,252 Posts
FFS why not just make a" Gatling gun bow"
Better yet 5-6 arrows all fire at once! Now ya got a tommy bow

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
LOL - damn, need to make another NS deer season now because of the unfair advantage. Month of January maybe?
biggrin.png

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Not sure why you say that?
I would imagine it would be no different than an over/under shotgun (in terms of legalities I mean).
Let me clarify - people "generally" buy and use crossbows for use in the Archery and Muzzleloader Season. These new crossbows have the ability to have more than one arrow/bolt cocked and ready to fire.

The NS Firearm and Bow Regulations states that "a crossbow is a tool with a bow fixed across a stock with a grove for an arrow or bolt ......". Because of this description I can't see this weapon being allowed in the early season as this new crossbow has two bows across the stock and capability of two arrows or bolts.

With that said these new crossbows may be permitted (as shotguns are) to hunt deer on the General Season".

............. anyways my opinion only but I would be very surprised if this new crossbow would be permitted in the Bow and Muzzleloader season. Not unlike the new Firestick concept which is loaded into the breech of a muzzleloader. This is not permitted in the early season as well as all powders / pellets need to be loaded from the muzzle.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Cool. Why can I see 3D with one of those
tongue.png
The adder would need to have a heavier throwing arm as max poundage is 130lbs also comes with a 90lbs arm I believe . being more of a conventional bow guy I like the first one I posted .

·
Registered
368 Posts
I wonder if they could add a quick cocking lever to it and maybe a tubular magazine to feed arrows. The lever might be hard to work so maybe some form of explosive powder could be used to actuate a gas piston....

·
Registered
6,252 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts