Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Advertiser
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are pleased to announce Hnatiuk's submission won the government contract to oversee all the firearms courses (Restricted, Non-restricted) and Hunter Safety courses province wide. We have spent a lot of time planning for this over the past 2 months, and we are very confident this will be run well.

Anyone wishing to register for these courses please contact Hnatiuk's Firearms Training Division @ (902)471-0281 ask for Aimee.

There will be a 1-800 # for these calls within 2 weeks.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Congratulations! Just a quick aside but was looking at a school yearbook from Newfoundland in the early 80's and the biggest 'school club' was the Hunters Safety Course. Ah, the good old days!

I hope you are very successful with your new venture.

Butch

·
Registered
224 Posts
Good news
Congratulations,and I will certainly be in touch very soon to enroll my son ,daughter and a few of their friends.Been waiting to see who was taking it over.

I,m sure you will do a fine job.

CHEERS

·
Registered
439 Posts
The HWWA has been contacted and have been assured that we will have our concerns met. I have to submit another inventory list this will be the the third this year. Perhaps this means that a more modern supply of both firearms and ammo may be in the offing.I can only hope but I will say this to the 15 plus students who are coming to the HWWA building on April 20th for a Hunters Ed course,that is still going on, we will work out any transfer of paper work that may be required.

The last 6 months to a year have been very trying to say the least.From a hunter ed registration system that at times became a nightmare to having no CFO then a new one only to see that one quit and finally having another one.My Ammo for the CFSC is in desperate condition especially on the rifle side. I hope this issue will now be resolved, change can be a good thing and this has the aspect of being that.

I am willing to give this a year as the Hunter Ed Instructor of the year (2011) I owe the hunting community that.As one of those that began the most comprehensive Hunter Ed course in NS at Stanley I am committed to this years event (Aug 17th) The HWWA still has plans for a true learn 2 hunt program in November using pheasants, gun dogs and mentors this will be a first for NS all I need is the grant to come through or a little luck on money for expenses.As I said I am giving the repected parties a year to see how all this plays out. I hope it is a true positive experience as a volunteer outdoors educator making up report after report and being told year after year that new guns new ammo positive change is going to happen I have yet to see it. So no one wants this change to work more than me or else that will be it.

As I type this there are 4 field dogs a Citori shotgun my dog training gear and a great bunch of guys with some of the finest Field trial dogs anywhere that I could join up with again. To slip back into the field to shoot over these dogs and to jump into full dog training again has a lot of appeal.To do that would mean no more involvement in the HWWA, CFSC instruction, Hunter Ed Instruction, or the Learn 2 FIsh program for all those kids. In a nut shell the NS Gvt. Burocratic run around has just about done me in. Mike O`Brien fielddog

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.