Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
201 - 220 of 394 Posts
Just remember: I may tease a bit and I may disagree with people's opinions and beliefs, but I don't easily question their integrity. I always enter a conversation with the knowledge that I could be wrong. Next time, before you start questioning someone's integrity, maybe question your understanding and ask for clarification.
In a different time, questioning a man's integrity got serious real quick.
You just remember Be careful where you go here that is a line I suggest not to cross
This goes way beyond different opinions and beliefs with me and you Have never seen one engineer act like you or with such beliefs and have worked with 100's which is why I question integrity etc etc or was that your dad also One should not have to ask for clarification if something is written properly and yes I sure do question if you are licenced in NS as a peng as you say you are see Members of Engineers Nova Scotia must adhere to the Code of Ethics adopted by Council motion I don't see that in your case from your posts But as you say I could be wrong but normally pounded into an engineers head

Based on that post, you aren't going to tell me that you're an Engineer are you?
Nope six courses short of my peng as I have said here many times but did work almost 23 years in an eng dept under the sr mechanical engineer as a mech tech in his team doing everything they did except approve and stamp drawings and designs was not allowed to do that That being said made my most money with my red seals in mechanical maintenance roles especially working with millwright teams The big money is not in engineering postions Unless you get into management like my brothers who are pengs
Cheers

I stated that I was a Combat Systems Engineer. That isn't a PEng. I won't be eligible for PEng until this Sept.
However, if you have a specific post of ANY that I have made here that you believe contravenes ANY of the core tenets of ethics, please show me. I can either clarify, or apologize, as is warranted.

I stated that I was a Combat Systems Engineer. That isn't a PEng. I won't be eligible for PEng until this Sept.
However, if you have a specific post of ANY that I have made here that you believe contravenes ANY of the core tenets of ethics, please show me. I can either clarify, or apologize, as is warranted.
You stated engineer PERIOD no wonder I am so dam confused Doesnt matter makes sense to me now you must be one of the oldest pengs ever :) I know nothing about that diciipiline and have never seen one as a peng You will be my first :) Was always told one required 4 years' engineering bachelor degree in Marine engineering first with these military positions for peng but not up to speed any more
Take care and the best of luck with it

Nope six courses short of my peng as I have said here many times but did work 23 years in an eng dept under the sr mechanical engineer as a mech tech in his team doing everything they did except approve and stamp drawings and designs was not allowed to do that That being said made my most money with my red seals in mechanical maintenance roles especially working with millwright teams The big money is not in engineering postions Unless you get into management like my brothers who are pengs
Cheers
6 courses short of a peng?

That makes no sense. You get your degree in engineering. Get your work experience then its simply taking the exam which centres mostly around ethics. So saying 6 courses short makes no sense.

Are you 6 courses short of an engineering degree from a University? That would be less than a year. So what you are saying is you went to school for over 4 years to only not finish out with less than a year left? Seems kind of dumb.

6 courses short of a peng?

That makes no sense. You get your degree in engineering. Get your work experience then its simply taking the exam which centres mostly around ethics. So saying 6 courses short makes no sense.

Are you 6 courses short of an engineering degree from a University? That would be less than a year. So what you are saying is you went to school for over 4 years to only not finish out with less than a year left? Seems kind of dumb.
Yep sure am Went and got my mechanical tech first and hired by the mines then the mines wanted techs to go back and they would pay since they could not get engineers to go underground so went to lake head for a year ( in those years two years with mech tech diploma and 2 at lake head you got your eng degree) Hated northern ontario so came back after 1 year and then tuns for one to finish it ( but they would not give me full credit for the lake head courses so short a year like you say 6 courses ) and then said screw this going back in the pit as an eng tech since the money was better than an engineer made and tired of school and getting married that year was the big one
Big picture never hurt me other than the family picking at me for not finishing and flashing their pinky rigs :rolleyes: in my face Dumb maybe I was but never regretted it since I did the same work anyway just under supervision of a peng and made good money which is all that mattered to me not some letters after my name In the end means nothing All the papers/education does is get you the job after that the person decides where they will go with it and how high they will climb that BS career ladder and burn out and give their life and best years to a dam job

I think you pretty much covered it!
Sadly I don't know if Canada can even afford to hit the Nato spending targets. But we definitely need to be closer that we are now.
My impression of our military is that in spite of not having the most up to date equipment, they are generally very competent and a force to be reckoned with. Don't forget, they were in Ukraine training them before the war started last year. Based on the success Ukraine has had I'd say our tactics are up there with other modern professional militaires.
Our men and woman are great professional soldiers but the government is letting them down our tactics are very sound and those tactics have had a great impact for Ukraine.

You stated engineer PERIOD no wonder I am so dam confused Doesnt matter makes sense to me now you must be one of the oldest pengs ever :) I know nothing about that diciipiline and have never seen one as a peng You will be my first :) Was always told one required 4 years' engineering bachelor degree in Marine engineering first with these military positions for peng but not up to speed any more
Take care and the best of luck with it
Show me where I claimed to be an engineer PERIOD.
As for what is required, it's a 4 year degree, then 4 years experience. I was at Dal for BEng Electrical in my 40's. Phase VI training for CSE counts for 2 of the 4 years experience. I've been submitting my experience reports through my mentor and my last one is this September.

As for what is required, it's a 4 year degree, then 4 years experience. I was at Dal for BEng Electrical in my 40's. Phase VI training for CSE counts for 2 of the 4 years experience. I've been submitting my experience reports through my mentor and my last one is this September.
Cannot be bothered going through posts for something YOU cannot remember and more than once In my day it was two years and then later changed to 3-4 brothers were two Simple question if you never said it why would I be even questioning it with you Hello
Cheers
In Canada an engineering graduate must have between three to four years of on-the-job engineering work experience (depending on the jurisdiction) under the supervision of a licenced engineer, as well as pass a professional ethics exam- to obtain a P.Eng. (“ing.” or “Eng.” in Quebec) designation. The best way to ensure all the required steps are taken is to register as an engineer-in-training with the engineering regulatory body in the province or territory where you are working.

Bored this morning and took 2 minutes for one of a few times Might be old but forget nothing so far
I quote
Hmmm. Must be an older thing. I'm picking up hobbies: fishing, hunting, chickens, gardening, 3D design, 3D printers, CNC, became an engineer...

Sure hope you guys are getting the same rain we are this morning
We had a lot of rain last night in the Bridgewater area. A 3 hour thunderstorm and poured all evening. Still raining. I hope HRM is getting it to soak down the burned area, and really hoping Shelburne and Barrington is getting it. It would be nice for Mother Nature to help get those 2 fires down that way, under control. One would have to think, 4 or 5 days of cool, damp weather would help ??

Witnessed a fire once.One of the erriest things i have ever seen was to watch the fires just appear from the earth as it was travelling through the root systems of the old growth softwoods.

201 - 220 of 394 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.