Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
221 - 240 of 394 Posts
Yea...some good puddles on the ground here at daylight....still a slow steady shower here now. Praying for a WHOLE LOT MORE OF IT !!

Reactions: TrueGrit
Bored this morning and took 2 minutes for one of a few times Might be old but forget nothing so far
I quote
Hmmm. Must be an older thing. I'm picking up hobbies: fishing, hunting, chickens, gardening, 3D design, 3D printers, CNC, became an engineer...
First, I apologize for not being clear.
Secondly, I'll clarify a bit. Most people are not aware of the difference between BEng, EIT and PEng. They also don't understand the difference between CSE and PEng. So, I simplified down to engineer to cover 4 years of engineering school, 2 years of CSE training, a year of Phase VI training and 4 years of EIT (2 consecutive with Phase VI).
As for why I asked you to provide the example, you are the one who made the accusation. Innocent until proven guilty. Additionally, it only takes one example to prove your point, and all of the remaining posts to prove mine. This is basic scientific principle, prove, or fail to falsify. If the claim is that there are goldfish in the ocean, you only need catch one to prove the claim or catch all of them to falsify.

just got back from checking Mom's house - she was allowed back yesterday but wanted to check things out first before getting her home - all good. Her place is in the yellow zone as is an uncle and cousin. So, they were evac'd on last Sunday as a precaution.
Another cousin in the fire zone - dont know how thats going yet.
Been an eventful week re fires and smoke.

Hope the rain continues as forecast - turned over some brush & logs, at the house and still plenty of dry spots.
My gratefulness for firefighters, other emerg personnel & volunteers has grown 10 fold this week.

Show me where I claimed to be an engineer PERIOD.
As for what is required, it's a 4 year degree, then 4 years experience. I was at Dal for BEng Electrical in my 40's. Phase VI training for CSE counts for 2 of the 4 years experience. I've been submitting my experience reports through my mentor and my last one is this September.
Congratulations! Its a long road but the personal satisfaction alone is definitely worth it in the end. Plus it usually means higher pay too which never hurts.

just got back from checking Mom's house - she was allowed back yesterday but wanted to check things out first before getting her home - all good. Her place is in the yellow zone as is an uncle and cousin. So, they were evac'd on last Sunday as a precaution.
Another cousin in the fire zone - dont know how thats going yet.
Been an eventful week re fires and smoke.

Hope the rain continues as forecast - turned over some brush & logs, at the house and still plenty of dry spots.
My gratefulness for firefighters, other emerg personnel & volunteers has grown 10 fold this week.
That's for sure! I worked construction full time as a young guy and occasionally on my own or my mother's properties ever since. So I'm no stranger to working hard in heat or cold and could hold my own with just about anyone when younger.

But, I can hardly even imagine how punishing it must be for those firefighters dressed in that heavy gear, working like hell using hand tools in the heat, plus the extreme heat and smoke from the fires!! They all have my full respect both for their physical stamina and the stones it takes to work that close to something that can turn and kill you in an instant!!!

First, I apologize for not being clear.
Secondly, I'll clarify a bit. Most people are not aware of the difference between BEng, EIT and PEng. They also don't understand the difference between CSE and PEng. So, I simplified down to engineer to cover 4 years of engineering school, 2 years of CSE training, a year of Phase VI training and 4 years of EIT (2 consecutive with Phase VI).
As for why I asked you to provide the example, you are the one who made the accusation. Innocent until proven guilty. Additionally, it only takes one example to prove your point, and all of the remaining posts to prove mine. This is basic scientific principle, prove, or fail to falsify. If the claim is that there are goldfish in the ocean, you only need catch one to prove the claim or catch all of them to falsify.
No apology required and agree most don't know the differences but working in that field for over 20 year I do other than CSE no idea on the military stuff and what is given credit The accusation I made is I have never worked with an engineer like you and now I know why I have no point to prove you clarified both not a one man COEl and not a peng Here is something else I know if getting your peng in your late 40's or 50's??? I assume going to be difficult to land a permanent position if that is your plan out side of the military other than contract work Firms only want old farts with lots of engineering experience after they get their peng
However all the best

Cheers

No apology required and agree most don't know the differences but working in that field for over 20 year I do The accusation I made is I have never worked with an engineer like you and now I know why I have no point to prove you clarified both not a one man COEl and not a peng Here is something else I know if getting your peng in your late 40's or 50's??? I assume going to be difficult to land a permanent position if that is your plan out side of the military other than contract work Firms only want old farts with lots of engineering experience after they get their peng
However all the best

Cheers
Got BEng through UTPNCM. Military provides employment and paid for the degree. Best opportunity for employment after military is public service in basically the same position I'm in.

Well spent the day yesterday up the wood lot cleaning up slash piles from timber removed from Fiona , had a good size wood chipper in and made short work of what was piled up since last Sept over last several months .

Been doing a survey of the softwood stands as what needs to be thinned , the hard woods ate in really good shape , for sure now less fuel just sitting around to combust on it's own or catch from a spark .

started to drizzle out that way around 5 pm by 7 pm it was raining pretty steady and at times poured thru the night , a pure relief for my self and the part time and full time residents up that way . Several days of this will put a real good damper on Forest Fire Conditions thru the province and give relief to those battling the fires across the Atlantic Provinces .

driving back home this morning some areas were really coming down hard to where the ditches were filling fast . This by no means will curb the fire situations even after the fires are out , the amount of dead fall in the woods in so many places won't even see a soaking from one days rain toward the bottom layers .

Agree Pretty much the same thing they had here in the mines since we were also owned by the feds I am talking YOU :) late 40's and 50's not 30's Cheers
Really not sure what you're saying with that last sentence. I was mid 40's doing mine. Classmate turned 50 while we were in university. Many guys in their 30's were also there. Did you think I was saying I was younger?

221 - 240 of 394 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.