Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
241 - 260 of 394 Posts
Really not sure what you're saying with that last sentence. I was mid 40's doing mine. Classmate turned 50 while we were in university. Many guys in their 30's were also there. Did you think I was saying I was younger?
In canada engineers at graduation Age 23 or under 72%
24 to 26 18%
27 or older 11%

Over 40's is not the norm is all I am saying less than 2%

Discussion starter · #244 ·
Well spent the day yesterday up the wood lot cleaning up slash piles from timber removed from Fiona , had a good size wood chipper in and made short work of what was piled up since last Sept over last several months .

Been doing a survey of the softwood stands as what needs to be thinned , the hard woods ate in really good shape , for sure now less fuel just sitting around to combust on it's own or catch from a spark .

started to drizzle out that way around 5 pm by 7 pm it was raining pretty steady and at times poured thru the night , a pure relief for my self and the part time and full time residents up that way . Several days of this will put a real good damper on Forest Fire Conditions thru the province and give relief to those battling the fires across the Atlantic Provinces .

driving back home this morning some areas were really coming down hard to where the ditches were filling fast . This by no means will curb the fire situations even after the fires are out , the amount of dead fall in the woods in so many places won't even see a soaking from one days rain toward the bottom layers .
Big fines here to be on your woodlot doing stuff. I was putting in culverts with my backhoe before the fires but shut everything down. Certainly not worth being the next guy to start one.

Big fines here to be on your woodlot doing stuff. I was putting in culverts with my backhoe before the fires but shut everything down. Certainly not worth being the next guy to start one.
Owners are still permitted but not allowed to have others on it using it,

i will ad I was doing some proactive fire prevention on my part to cut down on slash piles that was being worked on prior to the woods travel ban . People right up the road from my land were in as well clearing out debris from around their place and they are right on main dirt road .

Wife just read me a classic on face book and no not a joke
Someone asked now that it is raining can they use their wood stove since the house is damp and cold I kid you not Welcome to the cape :(

Wife just read me a classic on face book and no not a joke
Someone asked now that it is raining can they use their wood stove since the house is damp and cold I kid you not Welcome to the cape :(

Quite obviously Liberal voters shouldn’t be allowed to post on Facebook 😂😂

Quite obviously Liberal voters shouldn’t be allowed to post on Facebook 😂😂
You know you guys make me laugh You keep calling the liberals stupid yet they won the last three elections and are NOT out of the running on the 4th
What does that say about the non liberals they pound the crap out of over and over and over Is stund or brain dead maybe a level lower than a stupid??? Liberal
Liberals are far from stupid when it comes to winning votes and elections that has been proven time and time again Regardless they are all crooks IMO

You know you guys make me laugh You keep calling the liberals stupid yet they won the last three elections and are NOT out of the running on the 4th
What does that say about the non liberals they pound the crap out of over and over and over Is stund or brain dead maybe a level lower than a stupid??? Liberal
Liberals are far from stupid when it comes to winning votes and elections that has been proven time and time again Regardless they are all crooks IMO
Pound the crap out over and over? 😂😂 The Conservatives got more votes in the last two elections than the Liberals. More people voted for the Conservatives than the Liberals. Majority of Canadians can’t be brain dead ?

Guess you must have an inside track on the huge amount of Tory corruption we haven’t seen yet. Can you let me in on a few of them - or a couple or even one? Or is this image fake?

My apologies to the original poster as my posts about Federal politics are way off topic and should be in another thread. Guess I got caught up some friendly banter.

NS fires topic is important which we all hope will be dealt with sooner than later. Kudos to all the ones fighting the fires and all the people helping in any way (clothing, housing, food, pet sitting, etc. etc.).

Drizzled all day and is still doing so in Windsor. I hope Shelburne and Yarmouth countries are getting enough rain to help the fire fighters in their Herculean efforts to get “the fire” under control. The Halifax fire fighters seem to be making some headway with the help of the rain. Fingers Crossed.

Pound the crap out over and over? 😂😂 The Conservatives got more votes in the last two elections than the Liberals. More people voted for the Conservatives than the Liberals. Majority of Canadians can’t be brain dead ?

Guess you must have an inside track on the huge amount of Tory corruption we haven’t seen yet. Can you let me in on a few of them - or a couple or even one? Or is this image fake?
Not me that cannot see through the crap Yep that is why they won. Maybe someone should sit them down and show them winning seats win elections since they sure don't seem to understand that Even a fool after being beat three times sits back and thinks god I have to change something but not this party They think they will win based on what canada wanted 20 years ago How is that working out for them
Corruption is part of politics with every party Have shared many times harpers long list
Keep going the way they are with their current stone age right wing platform and beliefs and be prepared to lose again:rolleyes: Canada is broke and I am not Justin will win nothing which is all canadians have heard so far :(

Steady , cold , damp and very drizzly here this morning down our way , this is one time where Rain is going have to be a regular thing to keep the Fire situation across the Province in check , that and just maybe some of these dense minded Individuals will keep their open fires under control once fire restrictions are lifted . Then again those that still light up under restrictions are pretty clueless to begin with .

Woods travel restrictions are lifted @ 12:01 Am Monday morning as per Tim Houston , all woods travel permitted once again EXCEPT in those areas affected by EVAC or ACTIVE FIRE SITUATIONS , Fires are still banned till June 25 , 2023 and fines are still $25,000 plus any services rendered will be billed as well to extinguish or to respond to those calls will be tacked on to that $25,000

Hiking , biking , ATV travel Fishing is all permitted once again but as Tim Houston stated don't flick a dart , don't start a bon fire , don't have beach fires .

241 - 260 of 394 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.