Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
real jealous here - luv fishing em and luv eating em.

flounder always brings memories of my Dad. He was not a hunter, not an outdoorsman and definitely not a trout fisherman. However, could he ever catch flounder. Kind of unreal really, how he could always seem to catch them.
One time, out on a friends Cape Islander - everyone was catching mackeral, pollock & cod, except Dad - he just couldnt hook a fish. He switched things up & geared up an old rod - started bringing in the flounder - lots of them, with lots of laughs of course. lol.

thanks for posting the pic, DD.

·
Administrator
10,924 Posts
We were fishing in the bras dor back in April..caught a few nice bows and a couple of brookies..my grandson caught 4 flounder using the old worm...lol. we threw them all back...good job we did as there was no season open for them at that time. The CO said that DFO was going to put a limit on em later on this year.

·
Administrator
10,924 Posts
Thanks for that Gary...June..guess thats what he was talking about

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
I think there was an article the other day about Flounder on the decline because the Gray Seal population has exploded.

·
Administrator
10,924 Posts
yup...up in the gulf ANNND everywhere else too that them fekkers live. They need 5 % of their body weight in food a day to sustain themselves...can hold their breath for over an hour...dive 1400 + feet deep too. Seem em surface and start slinging a small live halibut back and forth removing the skin before they eat it. Same thing with catfish ( wolf eel)

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
You can thank Paul McCartney and wife for the seal population

·
Administrator
10,924 Posts
Usually take the 4 fillers off the halibut ( flounder)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts