Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
41 - 60 of 106 Posts

· Registered
18,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 · (Edited)
I was going to mention Beep but you beat me to it 3macs1.
I couldn't get enough of that stuff as a kid.
My Mums version of slumgullion, mashed potatoes, hamburger, covered with a can of spaghetti.
We made it only once for our kids as they thought it was disgusting.
One of my fav's growing up, and did it once or twice at the hunting camp.
Yep where I grew up if you had beep you were a rich kid people said but we were far from it 1st cousin was a milk man and I think we got what was left on the truck from time to time for free Will have to ask mom

· Registered
18,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 · (Edited)
That’s the stuff Joe. Twist chewing tobacco! Swallowing it was a No…No,,,
The stuff was gross
Agree looking back it was big time gross but if one wanted to fit in the mines with the crew you had to do as the rest or you would come up out of the pit get your shower and find when you went to the clean side locker for your street clothes they would be gone so you would be bare pole to try to get home yep be smart and hide a second set of clothes and they would grease your towel or fill your shampoo full of dish soap and your bar soap full of sand
Miss those days :p

· Registered
305 Posts
Makes two of us nice to see you posting happy new year and hope you and the the dog are still doing well . On the pudding I am not sure if Joe hoyal still makes it in new waterford or not but will check
His was real good also
Cheers
Same to you Joe. We are all doing well. I tried horyls but didnt like it as much as maple leaf.

· Registered
18,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
You old farts remember this for your pancakes. Two sizes if I remember right may be more but know I have two of the original bottles out in the barn one big and one small
Loved the stuff
Bottle Liquid Fluid Glass bottle Drink

· GREYBEARD
3,399 Posts
I remember the syrup and the swizzle sticks.
I used to go to a corner store and get individual Wagon Wheels maybe 5 cents each and Black Cat chewing gum.

Reactions: TonyM

· Registered
18,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
I remember the syrup and the swizzle sticks.
I used to go to a corner store and get individual Wagon Wheels maybe 5 cents each and Black Cat chewing gum.
Yes sir there is two more mom would bring a pack of those wagon wheels home and they would not last 5 minutes with all of us :) I forgot what those sticks were called thanks and another favorite
Publication Font Rectangle Recreation Box

· GREYBEARD
3,399 Posts
I remember these as well, how about sponge candy? like the inside of a Crunchie bar but in a bag on it own.
I am starting to think I ate too much candy as a kid:)

· Registered
18,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
I remember these as well, how about sponge candy? like the inside of a Crunchie bar but in a bag on it own.
I am starting to think I ate too much candy as a kid:)
Yep the sponge candy here some wrapped and some not wrapped imagine trying to do that today and what did it hurt nothing we ate all the germs too:p

· Registered
3,789 Posts
Yup … the snowflake society was formed and most of these things we enjoyed as kids, is no longer available or had the name changed for various reasons. Popeye candy “cigarettes” was changed to “sticks”. Not even sure you can even get pixie stix anymore. Apparently ingesting a white powdery substance through a straw is taboo now. Don’t get me started on aunt Jemima … or Rastus from the Cream of Wheat box. still amazes me why 99% of the world bends over for the 1% of snowflakes.

· Registered
18,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Yup … the snowflake society was formed and most of these things we enjoyed as kids, is no longer available or had the name changed for various reasons. Popeye candy “cigarettes” was changed to “sticks”. Not even sure you can even get pixie stix anymore. Apparently ingesting a white powdery substance through a straw is taboo now. Don’t get me started on aunt Jemima … or Rastus from the Cream of Wheat box. still amazes me why 99% of the world bends over for the 1% of snowflakes.
Shows what I know didnot know old aunt jemima was gone and bad now

· Registered
2,973 Posts
Most of these old fashioned candy is available for purchase at the FREAK LUNCHBOX. Couple of locations around HRM.
I will warn you to go with a specific list and stick to it or youll be broke with all the stuff you forgot you liked.

41 - 60 of 106 Posts