Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share something new to me and seems to becoming common
The last 5 shipments I received from the US were shipped DHL Express Canada and then apparently gets transferred over to canada post at the border and they take it from there with the separate charging of duty and taxes etc
Fine . However it seems now DHL charges a separate fee to transfer to canada post and that one cost me 88 bucks today on 4 boxes ( 4 separate orders)_
No idea how the 88 bucks was compiled just a sticker on each box saying a cod of $$$ is due to canada post to get your package and they only left cards in the mail box where my items were and how much is outstanding
My four boxes added up to 88 bucks for nothing In my mind

Something to be aware of if shipping items from the US and see they are going to send it DHL
From DHL
"DHL Express Canada charges a processing fee for all shipments sent under the terms of Duty and Taxes Unpaid (DTU) and that require rating and entry processing with the CBSA. This clearance processing is required even if the shipment ultimately does not generate duties or taxes owing. Specifically, this applies to any shipment with a declared value over the current de min level for Canada. The current De mins is:$40 CAD for shipments originating from US and Mexico$20 CAD for shipments originating from the rest of the world"

Cheers

·
Administrator
10,319 Posts
Fekkin gougers ! They can, so they will...no one to stop them !! All we can do is stop ordering from the US...or pay it...sadly not many options !!

·
Registered
14,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fekkin gougers ! They can, so they will...no one to stop them !! All we can do is stop ordering from the US...or pay it...sadly not many options !!
I may have seen 10 DHL shipments total in 10 years and now must have had 10 in two months
Something has changed state side on their means of shipping to canada. I am hoping it is just for the xmas rush and will then go away again
Unfortunately this stuff I got is US only supply :(
Cheers

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I have had good and bad results from shopping south of the border. This past fall i ordered a part for my tractor, that I could not get anywhere in Canada , but found it in Tenn. It was over 50 lbs. The Company I ordered it from also charged for shipping, $35.00 US. It was a one of, the only one in stock I could find. The company shipped it, by the time it arrived in Canada it had already gone through three Couriers, then onward to Canada Post. I thought for sure when it was to be delivered that i would have to fork out more $$$$. It was a great surprise when no $$$ was required.. On other orders over the years, i have not been so lucky...

·
Registered
14,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have had good and bad results from shopping south of the border. This past fall i ordered a part for my tractor, that I could not get anywhere in Canada , but found it in Tenn. It was over 50 lbs. The Company I ordered it from also charged for shipping, $35.00 US. It was a one of, the only one in stock I could find. The company shipped it, by the time it arrived in Canada it had already gone through three Couriers, then onward to Canada Post. I thought for sure when it was to be delivered that i would have to fork out more $$$$. It was a great surprise when no $$$ was required.. On other orders over the years, i have not been so lucky...
Yes sir it is hit and miss especially in november and december. Move gets through free in those months than any others from the xmas rush and high volumes
Cheers

·
Administrator
10,319 Posts
UPS international seems to be the fekkin worst...usually works ot to 45..50 % duty !!!!
Air brush paint order was 212 can once the exchange was done...ups extras was 104 cdn !!! CBS and Boyd's also walked another 45 US on a new stock few yrs ago.
No getting away from it !

·
Registered
14,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
UPS international seems to be the fekkin worst...usually works ot to 45..50 % duty !!!!
Air brush paint order was 212 can once the exchange was done...ups extras was 104 cdn !!! CBS and Boyd's also walked another 45 US on a new stock few yrs ago.
No getting away from it !
AGREE 100% I only ship UPS from the US for very heavy items that no one else will take
Cheers

·
Registered
14,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lookin at 2 new boyds stocks for xmas...scary chit now !!!
Hard to say most years this is the best time to sneek them through :) with no duty etc especially in a week or so when they are buried with packages also the best time to lose them :( I have just two more boxes coming out of the US and then I am done no idea so far how they were shipped
good luck
Cheers

·
Administrator
10,319 Posts
DHL sure seems to have an upper hand in the E commerce trade south of the border nowadays

·
Registered
14,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Esp stuff coming to Canada
Yep I have seen it big time in the past three months no idea why
Also showed this morning those last two packages I have to come are now showing with them also :(
So I can kiss another 20-40 bucks goodbye for nothing :(
Tracking details
DHL eCommerce tracking #GM56C6E75C178D47CFB

Cheers

·
Registered
14,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well canada post just dropped off the two DHL packages I was waiting for and NO COD owed to canada post this time :)
Getting too busy IMO to do the paper work so may be the time to order MORE stuff:D:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts