Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
281 - 292 of 292 Posts

·
Registered
7,452 Posts
Been eating fresh corn 3-4 times a week the last three weeks or so. Went out to get some for supper tonite, gone all gone, the gd raccoons ripped down all the stalks and ate every GD ear of corn!!! Gotta get a good pellet gun and fix them bas....s!!!

·
Registered
17,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #282 ·
Been eating fresh corn 3-4 times a week the last three weeks or so. Went out to get some for supper tonite, gone all gone, the gd raccoons ripped down all the stalks and ate every GD ear of corn!!! Gotta get a good pellet gun and fix them bas....s!!!
That sucks. Just be aware I know a guy who has one of those high power 1000 feet per sec ones and shot at a few to scare them and was shocked when they fell stone dead ;)

·
Registered
7,452 Posts
That sucks. Just be aware I know a guy who has one of those high power 1000 feet per sec ones and shot at a few to scare them and was shocked when they fell stone dead ;)
Exactly!
Eatin corn 4 times a week for 3 weeks...you wouldn't be able to sit down for a few days ..lol
lol doesn’t effect me or lovey that way.
No more corn til next year now tho, my wife will only eat organic veggies.

·
Registered
7,452 Posts
You and Mrs. Howell would' be the only 2 people on the planet I suspect that it doesn't. Lol
That’s Mrs. Howell the third ????
I honestly don’t know a lot of people that have problems with corn, maybe they just don’t tell me. My son has colitis and he’s been eating quite a bit as well. My wife is celiac and she’s been eating lots. Maybe it’s a Terrence Bay thing.

·
Registered
17,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #288 ·
That’s Mrs. Howell the third ????
I honestly don’t know a lot of people that have problems with corn, maybe they just don’t tell me. My son has colitis and he’s been eating quite a bit as well. My wife is celiac and she’s been eating lots. Maybe it’s a Terrence Bay thing.
Well I have diverticula and I love corn but it F'n kills me from filling the pockets and the pain will bring me to my knees so I stopped eating it
Cheers

·
Registered
7,452 Posts
Well I have diverticula and I love corn but it F'n kills me from filling the pockets and the pain will bring me to my knees so I stopped eating it
Cheers
That’s too bad it would be hard to not eat the things you really like. As said my wife is celiac plus she has gluten allergy and dairy sensitivity. So I get very little home made sweets😡.
I get the trots from under cooked hamburger and if cooked turnip touches my mouth I puke, raw I can eat tho. Anything else I can eat with no problem but lots I really don’t like lol.

·
Registered
17,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #290 ·
That’s too bad it would be hard to not eat the things you really like. As said my wife is celiac plus she has gluten allergy and dairy sensitivity. So I get very little home made sweets😡.
I get the trots from under cooked hamburger and if cooked turnip touches my mouth I puke, raw I can eat tho. Anything else I can eat with no problem but lots I really don’t like lol.
Sure is prior to cancer could eat rotten meat for the last 17 years with stomach shut down for acid production very limited what goes down the old tube :(

·
Registered
17,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #291 · (Edited)
Well taking a day off today and going with the mrs :). Picked 420 pounds of green tomatoes in the last two days and have them laid out under papers in two greenhouses to try to get them red vs selling them all green like normal . First time for doing that but double the money for red vs green so have to try now that my cucumbers are screwed :(
Still have about 700 pounds or so green in the fields also
Yep this week my buddy finally calls and says Joe all my cukes are sold so time to get some of yours can you take 100 up so I went and picked ones on the ground since my back was good that day and left all the easy to get ones hanging in the air on the cattle fence trellis
Next day another 100 he ants so over I go to find 100 feet like over 300 cukes GONE and another 40 or 50 on the ground walked on WTF. Can see where an atv came down and went back up the hill to the road loaded with cukes since there was 5 on the way to the side walk from the garden F'K
So went to get the zucc and yep like the cukes the 2 dozen I had gone
WTF is wrong with people if you are that hungry ask and I will give you veggies but talking cukes and zucc WHY not like deer will eat them
One works so hard on this for peanuts really and just gets to the stage where they can get some money back and this happens
Unreal
Just put a stuffed turkey in the oven and got fresh garden, potatoes and a few yellow beans and red tomatoes, cukes and lettuce so will have a nice healthy supper and no BBQ for a change YES

·
Registered
17,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #292 ·
Ok have a new one for me
Something eating my cukes leaves them looking like a boat with the top and middles gone
My guess rats but my god they are doing 12 one day and 20 yesterday
Would racoons do this since I an getting 5 of them in the yard which is like 150 feet from the garden
Cheers

281 - 292 of 292 Posts