Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
81 - 100 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
17,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Thats how i do it
Drop the scapes in a food processor/blender and turn it on puree, add enough olive to help to get it to puree. Once its ready fill ice cube trays and freeze. Once frozen into a freezer bag they go for future use.
Just cut and tossed the first wheel barrel. These 300 or so were early rest not ready yet but sure cannot wait until mid august for the next cutting. My guess 10 days
any one coming down sooner to get you a load
Cheers

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Just cut and tossed the first wheel barrel. These 300 or so were early rest not ready yet but sure cannot wait until mid august for the next cutting. My guess 10 days
any one coming down sooner to get you a load
Cheers
Wife will be up mid August for a few days. She will be in touch. Ive got so much to get caught up i had to cancel my fishing weekend

·
Administrator
10,997 Posts
Thats how i do it
Drop the scapes in a food processor/blender and turn it on puree, add enough olive to help to get it to puree. Once its ready fill ice cube trays and freeze. Once frozen into a freezer bag they go for future use.
thanks bud !

·
Registered
17,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Please rain :(
Old bones are killing me today so maybe just maybe we will see even a little bit
Don't ever remember the ground being so dry in july
Christ my next water bill will be like 800 if I keep watering. 500 is bad enough

·
Registered
17,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 · (Edited)
Well we got some rain :) but need a lot more
Thinking today what the mrs said and she is right I am one weird dude but Ok with that
I have many lawn mowers but when the job is major like mowing a waist high field I always grab what I call the beast
She is a 1965 ward mower with a 3 1/2 briggs that was my dad's and I used as a kid to make my fortune mowing lawns:p:p
Dad said he paid extra for the adjustable wheels and the magnesium deck which was a big thing in 65 and if I took care of it I would die with it
Well it looks like he was right. That deck design is unreal and it never plugs and will cut grass no matter how high with no hesitation

So thursday cutting the spot for the new greenhouse and snap handle in three pieces and only welded like 10 times but this time no way. Looked through every handle I had stashed and nothing even close for a 57 year old mower :( so either try to make one or OMG the beast is dead

Mentioned it to the mrs and she says OMG something Joe the pack rat doesn't have spare this is a first. Just go to one of your mower racks and get another you fool
Not the same dear and I checked the entire garage all my handles and nothing even close
She says did you check the basement behind all those coats you own and never wear I am pretty sure there is a few handles buried there when when we moved from the new house 27 years ago and you didnot have a shed or garage.
So down I go and my god not one but two handles :)
Now who in the hell else keeps this crap for a 57 year old mower so yes I am a weirdo and can continue to say I have at least two of every thing other than a wife:p

So the beast is fixed and running again
Not mine but identical note the cool deck chute. Fires grass like nothing I have ever seen

Plant Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Road surface

One of the mower racks. Hold eight and I won't say how many I have or I will be locked up :p

·
Registered
590 Posts
Well we got some rain :) but need a lot more
Thinking today what the mrs said and she is right I am one weird dude but Ok with that
I have many lawn mowers but when the job is major like mowing a waist high field I always grab what I call the beast
She is a 1965 ward mower with a 3 1/2 briggs that was my dad's and I used as a kid to make my fortune mowing lawns:p:p
Dad said he paid extra for the adjustable wheels and the magnesium deck which was a big thing in 65 and if I took care of it I would die with it
Well it looks like he was right. That deck design is unreal and it never plugs and will cut grass no matter how high with no hesitation

So thursday cutting the spot for the new greenhouse and snap handle in three pieces and only welded like 10 times but this time no way. Looked through every handle I had stashed and nothing even close for a 57 year old mower :( so either try to make one or OMG the beast is dead

Mentioned it to the mrs and she says OMG something Joe the pack rat doesn't have spare this is a first. Just go to one of your mower racks and get another you fool
Not the same dear and I checked the entire garage all my handles and nothing even close
She says did you check the basement behind all those coats you own and never wear I am pretty sure there is a few handles buried there when when we moved from the new house 27 years ago and you didnot have a shed or garage.
So down I go and my god not one but two handles :)
Now who in the hell else keeps this crap for a 57 year old mower so yes I am a weirdo and can continue to say I have at least two of every thing other than a wife:p

So the beast is fixed and running again
Not mine but identical note the cool deck chute. Fires grass like nothing I have ever seen

View attachment 98420

One of the mower racks. Hold eight and I won't say how many I have or I will be locked up :p
I think your wife is right! Looks like you're playing the game "whoever dies with the mist toys wins."

·
Registered
17,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
I think your wife is right! Looks like you're playing the game "whoever dies with the mist toys wins."
She says if I die first and leave her with this mess she will never talk to me again in heaven
I said sorry but I won't be going there :p:p
I say it is all collectable investments for her :D

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Well heres an update of the garden, the old phrase a picture is 1000 words
Plant Plant community Grass Terrestrial plant Shrub

Plant Plant community Leaf Grass Vegetation

Plant Plant community Flower Vegetation Natural landscape

Plant Flower Botany Greenhouse Leaf vegetable

As you can see the greenhouse has boomed
Tomato plants taller than me, Romaine lettuce 3ft tall, pea pods as big as my thumb, we have already harvested broccoli, lettuce every other day, beet greens, Swiss chard and more daily from inside, nothing from outside yet.
Wife wants another greenhouse built, maybe after we finish harvesting in the fall

·
Registered
17,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Well heres an update of the garden, the old phrase a picture is 1000 words View attachment 98422
View attachment 98421
View attachment 98424
View attachment 98423

Tomato plants taller than me, Romaine lettuce 3ft tall, pea pods as big as my thumb, we have already harvested broccoli, lettuce every other day, beet greens, Swiss chard and more daily from inside, nothing from outside yet.
Wife wants another greenhouse built, maybe after we finish harvesting in the fall
Looks great. Too funny that is how the nightmare started for me one became 2 and now I am building no.5 :(

·
Registered
27 Posts
Plant Botany Terrestrial plant Leaf vegetable Groundcover

Well, our garden isn't doing too bad. Found this cuke hiding behind the bin. We did most of our gardening in totes as we haven't gardened before and this is what my wife found on YouTube. Just harvested some peas and green beans. Beets are looking nice. Potatoes are coming along nicely.
Been a battle with slugs. Beer traps work but with totes, that's too much wasted beer. 😞 So I just put down some diatomaceous earth tonight. We'll see how that goes.
Found some caterpillars that look like twigs on my grape vine (gift from a friend last year, barely had 30 leaves on it this year). They curled the leaves up to lay eggs and then sit stiff like a twig. Some green, some brown, some redish. Soapy spray seemed to knock them down.
Plant Terrestrial plant Flowering plant Annual plant Twig

·
Registered
590 Posts
Well heres an update of the garden, the old phrase a picture is 1000 words View attachment 98422
View attachment 98421
View attachment 98424
View attachment 98423

Very nice! My stuff is growing but nothing like yours!

·
Registered
590 Posts
View attachment 98425
Well, our garden isn't doing too bad. Found this cuke hiding behind the bin. We did most of our gardening in totes as we haven't gardened before and this is what my wife found on YouTube. Just harvested some peas and green beans. Beets are looking nice. Potatoes are coming along nicely.
Been a battle with slugs. Beer traps work but with totes, that's too much wasted beer. 😞 So I just put down some diatomaceous earth tonight. We'll see how that goes.
Found some caterpillars that look like twigs on my grape vine (gift from a friend last year, barely had 30 leaves on it this year). They curled the leaves up to lay eggs and then sit stiff like a twig. Some green, some brown, some redish. Soapy spray seemed to knock them down.
View attachment 98427
My cucumbers are still only about two inches long! I got started later than last year because I was away for a couple weeks but even allowing for that stuff doesn't seem to be growing nearly as fast as the past few years.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My cucumbers are still only about two inches long! I got started later than last year because I was away for a couple weeks but even allowing for that stuff doesn't seem to be growing nearly as fast as the past few years.
I've got about 3 that are 2-3 inches, and a dozen that are an inch long. That monster was a surprise.

·
Registered
17,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 · (Edited)
This heat is crazy. Is it province wide. Trying to get work done today and the greenhouse started and wondering why I was screwed and a ball of sweat flopping around like a fish out of water until the mrs says it was 30 degrees. This old fat dude is going to die it is doesn't cool down soon or get nothing done
Even the garden hates it :(. Did get what the wife calls the piece of junk cleaned and waxed. Still looks OK to me for 14 years other than a bit of paint peeling on the roof and a foggy headlight which I am going to try one of those kits and see if it will polish out :)

·
Registered
590 Posts
This heat is crazy. Is it province wide. Trying to get work done today and the greenhouse started and wondering why I was screwed and a ball of sweat flopping around like a fish out of water until the mrs says it was 30 degrees. This old fat dude is going to die it is doesn't cool down soon or get nothing done
Even the garden hates it :(. Did get what the wife calls the piece of junk cleaned and waxed. Still looks OK to me for 14 years other than a bit of paint peeling on the roof and a foggy headlight which I am going to try one of those kits and see if it will polish out :)
The truck looks great.

If the plastic is yellowed/dull as opposed to fogged you can simply use very fine grit sandpaper and wet sand it. Like start with 2000 and go to 5000 if you can get it that fine. Then wax the headlight.
The kits do work but they'll cost you $30 or more. Still cheaper than a new headlight though I guess!
I've done it both ways and I find that you have to keep doing them evey year at least once you start.

81 - 100 of 168 Posts