Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
101 - 120 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
17,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
Take some of that gardening loot and buy yourself an LED assembly:) Never have to worry about yellowing or clouding again:)

Thanks for the info but I am a 100% leave it as they came from the factory man and even try to use all GM parts when I can afford them
Cheers

·
Registered
17,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 · (Edited)
The truck looks great.

If the plastic is yellowed/dull as opposed to fogged you can simply use very fine grit sandpaper and wet sand it. Like start with 2000 and go to 5000 if you can get it that fine. Then wax the headlight.
The kits do work but they'll cost you $30 or more. Still cheaper than a new headlight though I guess!
I've done it both ways and I find that you have to keep doing them evey year at least once you start.
Yep she is yellowed and never thought of wet sanding it. Thanks. I will give it a try. I had to drill them when the seal went to get the condensation out and a few years after the yellow started :( Just checked and if all else fails a new replacement can be had for 100 bucks which is not bad IMO
Thanks again

·
Registered
17,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 · (Edited)
SCAPE cutting day :) Man I wish more than Tim wanted some I hate tossing wheel barrels of them
My bud sells them for like 8 bucks for 12 at the farmers market so has the market here and crazy priced IMO
Don't want to screw him by listing them for free and offered mine many times but he has like 3000 of his own

All done Tim and PM sent :) LOL you got 5 different types of garlic in this batch so taste will be interesting

·
Registered
17,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
Just a comment on cukes as most already know. Never sit back and watch to see how big one will get. Pick them on a regular basis and make sure ones eating size are removed. If not the plant will slow down production on the rest of the cukes even stop. Since one has the remember it's goal is to produce seed and once it figures it has done that with some large cukes it's job is done
My old bud who grows like 500 plants a year shared that a few years back when my production sucked and he was right why. I was leaving them too long
Cheers

·
Registered
17,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 · (Edited)
Baby bro state side just sent me this e-mail. He is doing the JOE and selling one of his old cars a 69 stang to help son No.3 with university this year wondering if I wanted it NOPE never a ford here
Might be an engineer but is brain dead IMO collecting:p:p old FORDS but tough as nails losing 1/2 his liver to cancer last november and one would never know it
Car is some sweet and mint with a 351 in it and priced to sell IMO .It's funny how 3 boys who's family were never into old cars are all into them as adults

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
re pickling cukes - yep, as per post above, pick em when theyre ready. If you dont have enough for a batch of pickles, you can store them in a brine, in fridge for a cpl days until more grow on the vine.

Dissolve 6 tablespoons of NON-treated salt in 1 gallon of water. Cut 1/4 inch off the flower end of the pickling cuke, put them in the brine, cover/weight them down in the brine and store in fridge. Keeps em crisp.

·
Registered
7,298 Posts
Wife just came in with a quart of white raspberries!! The white and gold berries are about the same size as blackberries not smallish like the red raspberry

·
Registered
7,298 Posts
Hey Joe what do you know about blackberries. My wife picked a bunch last week in one patch but the other patch isnt even close to being ready, neither are the blackberries at my sons. All get pretty much full sun

·
Administrator
10,997 Posts
Gary...you can keep your pickling cukes longer by putting them in ice water. Prior to making my pickles, I put mine in a large cooler...cover with water then add 2 bags or ice...I can do this for 3 or 4 days if needed...just keepnthe water icy cold! This is how you firm up your cukes...makes better pickles than wilted ones !!

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Gary...you can keep your pickling cukes longer by putting them in ice water. Prior to making my pickles, I put mine in a large cooler...cover with water then add 2 bags or ice...I can do this for 3 or 4 days if needed...just keepnthe water icy cold! This is how you firm up your cukes...makes better pickles than wilted ones !!
agree however the cold brine seems (to me anyway) to keep them crispier than the plain ice water. Besides, the extra salt should preserve me a little longer.😆

·
Administrator
10,997 Posts
lol...with that logic...gettin "pickled" for a good many years should keep me here a LOT longer...lmao !!

·
Registered
17,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
That is the way my old pickling buddy my MIL rest her sole made us do them

·
Registered
17,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 ·
Hey Joe what do you know about blackberries. My wife picked a bunch last week in one patch but the other patch isnt even close to being ready, neither are the blackberries at my sons. All get pretty much full sun
Sorry 3D know very little. Some years ago I bought 200 raspberry canes from glen allen nursery and he gave me 10 for free
I planted the dam things and they took over my yard
I am after digging them up three times and people have taken them and every year more keep coming
I would never recommend anyone plant them in their yard only wild land
Cheers

·
Registered
17,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·
Its Friday, knock off at lunch time, maybe escape some of the heat. These early morning and late nights have to stop as im too old for it.
Yes especially since roofs are a young man's job IMO
Two guys on a metal one yesterday just up the road made it until maybe 11.00 and that was too long
take care

101 - 120 of 168 Posts