Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
161 - 180 of 201 Posts

· Registered
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #170 ·
back in the day, a bunch of us always looked forward to this time of year - Spring melt, heavy rains, etc to bring the water levels up so we could run some rivers - some were day trips others a few days long.

At times we were a little too anxious and would have to portage around some, still frozen deadwaters. LOL. Good times.

HHkmV9N.jpg

C0L0Z22.jpg

i8OVlcs.jpg

Ydec0mO.jpg

ULkNqoW.jpg

Z2L4QDg.jpg

· Administrator
10,807 Posts
wow...yesteryear all right...little more salt in your hair now buddy...lmao....and dig those PFD's, they were definitely hip for that period.....lol

· Registered
856 Posts
wow...yesteryear all right...little more salt in your hair now buddy...lmao....and dig those PFD's, they were definitely hip for that period.....lol
i still wear one of those PFDs when I am on the sit on or the canoe because they are light and less restrictive.

· Registered
1,126 Posts
''back in the day, a bunch of us always looked forward to this time of year - Spring melt, heavy rains, etc to bring the water levels up so we could run some rivers''

Love the photos...!! Man, I miss those days. I took more than a few good dousing in ice cold water and dismantled a few canoes but what a thrill it was to ride those rapids. Nothing like it...!!!

Brings back great memories Gary...Thanks...

· Registered
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #176 ·
''back in the day, a bunch of us always looked forward to this time of year - Spring melt, heavy rains, etc to bring the water levels up so we could run some rivers''

Love the photos...!! Man, I miss those days. I took more than a few good dousing in ice cold water and dismantled a few canoes but what a thrill it was to ride those rapids. Nothing like it...!!!

Brings back great memories Gary...Thanks...
out the few pics I have of these trips - here's a couple of casualties. If I recall, the Mohawk canoe rip was patched with cut open Keiths beer cans, rivets, duct tape. LOL. Learned pretty quick that you needed some patch gear for those trips where road access was a fair ways off.

JkmfYLj.jpg

FmfQ7ip.jpg

· Administrator
10,807 Posts
ahhhhh...the old tried and true Mepps spinner. That and the super duper were two of my favs (even though my huge tackle box had one of each of whatever CT sold back in the day..
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
.LOL

161 - 180 of 201 Posts