Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 367 Posts

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rumour has it that gas is going up over $0.10 per litre tonight and Diesel up over $0.17 per litre. I'm sure they are blaming it on the crisis in the Ukraine but I call bullshit on that. All part of the plan.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Well I'd say rumour is about correct , just ordered furnace oil yesterday , truck just arrived and our guy said same thing , Yesterday furnace oil price we paid for WAS $1.365 TODAY'S Price is $1.567 went up .20.2 cents last night and said if need fill up better get it tonight as he said same as Buckmarks post

If you watch to commercials lately the BIG push is on for the Electric Vehicles , Cadillac now doing it's pre order program for EV's .

time to bankrupt the little guy and the Elites to take over and be the one havs , while rest of the world become the hav nots

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
If we don't push back against this blatant thievery, it won't stop. They'll only shove down our throats what we allow them to. We have the most inept, slimey and corrupt weasel of the free world running us into the ground at warp speed.At the very least , he should drop the carbon tax to try and keep us from a serious recession but I really believe he wants us to go belly up. ...And make no mistake about it, many are going to go under. The country hasn't been this close to ruin at any point in our lifetime.

·
Registered
7,099 Posts
Time to fix up the ol wagon and hitch up the Clyde’s!!

·
Administrator
10,857 Posts
yup...electric cars and snow storms ..icy roads...love to see that chit show

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Just got back from Vancouver gas is 1.79 to 1.81 a litre for regular unleaded and there was no shortage of big trucks hauling new sleds around can,t figure out how they can afford it
Seen gas Prices there in Vancouver today, $1.94.7 was new price as shown on the news . Kinda scratching my head how some guys are just driving around like theres no shortage of money .

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Hey Kevin ,
Wonder how all these EV's are going hold up to the amount of salt they use here in the maritimes alone , plus our high winds around towns and communities along the salt water . Pretty sure those Lithium batteries will light up like the night sky from corrosion .
Going be interesting see long they hold up

·
Registered
365 Posts
Crazy isn't it, Kevin. Here's something to consider. I am in the Volunteer Fire Department. Those cars come with "cut here" labels on the cables in case of fire but if they are on fire many of the smaller fire departments don't have a procedure to put them out. It's a "let them burn" scenario as water and high voltage don't mix. It would be like hosing down a burning NSP transformer. Makes me wonder if the cost of insurance is higher?

·
Registered
365 Posts
I see that the Turd has earmarked 4 billion for small and medium businesses to go digital, with e-commerce. Pushing hard for that cashless society. Got to make sure they know where you spend every dollar so that they can wet their beak! My bank card is only for withdrawals. I like to have cash in my pocket. No tapping a card for a coffee at McDs for this guy!

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Well I'd say rumour is about correct , just ordered furnace oil yesterday , truck just arrived and our guy said same thing , Yesterday furnace oil price we paid for WAS $1.365 TODAY'S Price is $1.567 went up .20.2 cents last night and said if need fill up better get it tonight as he said same as Buckmarks post

If you watch to commercials lately the BIG push is on for the Electric Vehicles , Cadillac now doing it's pre order program for EV's .

time to bankrupt the little guy and the Elites to take over and be the one havs , while rest of the world become the hav nots
Feb 22 I got filled up at 1.27/L I guess I lucked out just the right time!! Better go turn the thermostat down and save that cheap oil in the tank. Lol.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Feb 22 I got filled up at 1.27/L I guess I lucked out just the right time!! Better go turn the thermostat down and save that cheap oil in the tank. Lol.
My last Fill up was $1.24 litre , still had 1/4 tank left , big increase since then , yup time turn down thermostats , plus NSP got rate increase , just keeps coming at us from all directions .

·
Administrator
10,857 Posts
WOW...TG that kind of stuff doesn't get mentioned by the sales team..or in the commercials!!

I was reading about how fast the pedal / tire reaction is...instaneous throttle they say...that'd be the absolute last thing you want in bad driving conditions !!

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
WOW...TG that kind of stuff doesn't get mentioned by the sales team..or in the commercials!!

I was reading about how fast the pedal / tire reaction is...instaneous throttle they say...that'd be the absolute last thing you want in bad driving conditions !!
I wonder if they have a snow program built in to change how it drives? They have so many other crazy software built in I wouldn’t be surprised!

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
Whats the carbon tax adding to the cost of a liter
I believe it is just shy of 9 cents a litre and set to increase 2.2 cents in April. That doesn't take into account the cost of the tax that is downloaded from the producers.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I believe it is just shy of 9 cents a litre and set to increase 2.2 cents in April. That doesn't take into account the cost of the tax that is downloaded from the producers.
Unreal man i wish da fek they would build the pipeline east goddam Quebec for blocking it.Gas is going up in every country this week from what i been seein on the web but we should be self sufficient with the amount we have access to,. Heating oil is goin to be the killer for alot of us along with food prices, goin to be alot of stealin goin on me thinks...

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The price of everything is skyrocketing. Peoples wages can’t keep up. The price of Diesel went up over 23 cents a litre in a couple of days. It adds up in a hurry. Think about these big rigs that have tanks that hold 500 litres. That adds up and those costs are then transferred to us. Fuel will hit $2 a litre by April.
Pierre Poilievre said he will axe the carbon tax if he is elected. This carbon tax has got to be the biggest farce ever. We should NOT be paying that tax now !!! When I look at Ukraine, and watch all that toxic smoke going in the air, us paying that tax is just beyond ridiculous. Canada is one of the most carbon neutral countries in the world.… but Trudeau needs to rape us even more. I imagine poor Greta is having a temper tantrum watching all that black smoke billowing from the rubble.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Not just the truckers. Think about where all the goods come from initially. Farms. The amount of diesel that is used on one farm is insane. We already just saw milk jump about 40c I am sure it will go again at this rate.

1 - 20 of 367 Posts