Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
341 - 360 of 384 Posts

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Filled up the truck yesterday before the price went up again - $181 from about 1/8th of a tank. Absolutely Brutal. Used to be $100 back when I bought it, I could live with that. If it keeps going I may be investing in something easier on fuel for a bit. I'd have to be pretty desperate to get rid of the truck completely, but man does it hurt the wallet right now. One of the few times I'm actually glad I still live with my parents, I couldn't imagine trying to pay rent right now. (n)
I got out fishing the once. Still slow getting around this year, most of the fishing would have passed by now here in my area (fished out) but to my surprise I noticed a drop in traffic, and still fish. No doubt the fuel has cut into everyone's activities. Imagine the trips made baiting in the fall. Price of a deer steak will be through the roof:)

·
Registered
16,692 Posts
I got out fishing the once. Still slow getting around this year, most of the fishing would have passed by now here in my area (fished out) but to my surprise I noticed a drop in traffic, and still fish. No doubt the fuel has cut into everyone's activities. Imagine the trips made baiting in the fall. Price of a deer steak will be through the roof:)
You guys laugh at me and think I am dumb:p:p
I don't burn any gas to get my fish they get dropped off by friends or some in exchange for veggie transplants
More feeds per year that I can eat but this year I will be eating them all with the price of everything
The old grennhouse has it's benifits
Cheers:p:p

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Just imagine the evil eye we will all be getting every time we come home from the deer woods empty handed! I can hear it now, what a waste of gas you didn’t even bring anything back!
For the first time in my life I might not be so picky. Glad that my cabin is close but unfortunately my last trip there 6 new homes being built. I am being squeezed out. Thinking of a bow.

·
Registered
16,692 Posts
Just imagine the evil eye we will all be getting every time we come home from the deer woods empty handed! I can hear it now, what a waste of gas you didn’t even bring anything back!
LOL you just get that now. I have been getting that 30 years ago
Yep sitting down for xmas dinner which I always added a wild goose from pei with the turkey and the mrs would say after to all I hope you all enjoyed that goose since it cost me over 100 bucks :(

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
So diesel drops 23 here but in NB it went up 17. Because market fluctuations only affect one province at a time I will be surprised if it isn’t going back up tomorrow. I will keep an eye on the online predictors who leak the top secret price changes that they don’t want the public knowing about. Lol

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #358 ·
I heard diesel took a big jump in NB last night. I expect it to do the same here. Maybe not tomorrow night but they will involve the interrupter clause in a few days and jack it back up.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I feel like people are still living the same lifestyle before all this inflation and gas increases and they won't see things are bad until a couple months down the road when the credit card bills start to rack up and they can't pay.

341 - 360 of 384 Posts