Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
361 - 380 of 384 Posts

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #363 ·
You are correct Dave. I never thought I would be happy to see diesel at $2 a litre. Filled up this morning at Crappy Tire. 212.9 per litre.… which I was happy about.

·
Registered
486 Posts
It does make we really wonder if they have in fact jacked the prices so that they can now reduce them some and we will all be so damm grateful.
Of course the higher fuel prices mean more fuel tax revenue and governments need all the revenue they can get after spending their asses off these last two years or so. Plus you can bet the oil companies are lobbying their asses off to get prices as high as possible.

·
Administrator
10,924 Posts
Gas going down a few cents. Diesel going down 17! It will be below 2$ I read. Their madness has worked though. We are all now excited and content with 2$ fuel.
amen brudder... AAA MENNNN !!!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Gas is going to go down 4 point some cents tonight here in NS. Man those world markets must be goin' craaaazzzzyyyy for our prices to be flipping around like this! Must be that right? Couldn't be bureaucratic incompetence or price fixing. ;)

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Gas prices today in Labrador City is $232.7 Buckle up buttercup she goes up again this weekend , soon it be our turn to pay that price and more !

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Notta chance will I spend $100K plus the install of a charging station ,when I can buy a new Tacoma for 50-60G plus tax , still $30k + balance of fore mentioned or more still buys a lot of gas , plus then there is the fire factor of one those , I know two people who bought electric and are REALLY regretting it with lack of charging stations and wait times to get charged or wait out someone else in line to do the same .

Talk is all anyone hears of more charging areas , in our neck of the woods , not to mention already came across one needing road side towing due GPS told driver there was a charging station in the Framboise area 😂😂😂😂😂 and needed be towed to nearest one in Port Hawkesbury the way they came from . We won't go there about Daddy Sleeze @#$ Trudope

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
Cheapest Tesla $45,000
Seeing lots of the Hyundai electrics around not sure of the price tho

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
Gas is going to go down 4 point some cents tonight here in NS. Man those world markets must be goin' craaaazzzzyyyy for our prices to be flipping around like this! Must be that right? Couldn't be bureaucratic incompetence or price fixing. ;)
No just plain old ripping off and gouging people

·
Registered
779 Posts
NDP wants to redistribute 'excess' corporate profits to Canadians to ease inflation

The central thing I take away from this article is profits are up at oil and gas and everywhere. So this inflation story is partly supply and demand issues, but also greed. Make insane profits and blame it on economic cycles. We are getting gouged. I've noticed prices at Canadian Tire and Cabelas for many things has risen 25% over last year. Little kids bicycles, in the smallest ones you see - basic CCM stuff - like $170 now. The store brand Yukon gun cabinets are up 25% from last year. Same for tents, etc. If it is recreation, it's seen as a luxury, and it can be gouged. I think ammo has been in that same category. It should be up 10 to 20%, but instead it is leaping to 50% higher or worse. Just price gouging and greed from the big companies.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I’ve noticed a few things in grocery aisle that I get frequently na actually memorize the prices of and they have increased 25% or more overnight. Yet they will keep spouting off that inflation is 6% or whatever. Where did the other 20% come from?

They’re calling for another dairy hike as well. Will be twice this year when that happens. We will soon be paying more per litre of milk than gas.

·
Registered
16,694 Posts
I’ve noticed a few things in grocery aisle that I get frequently na actually memorize the prices of and they have increased 25% or more overnight. Yet they will keep spouting off that inflation is 6% or whatever. Where did the other 20% come from?

They’re calling for another dairy hike as well. Will be twice this year when that happens. We will soon be paying more per litre of milk than gas.
Man that is for sure worse for you at this stage :) than gas increases
How is the new boy doing you getting a lot of sleep :(

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #377 ·
The price of just about everything is going up. I usually buy my DEF fluid from crappy tire. The dual pack of 9 litre jugs were $37.99. A few months ago .... it went up to $47.99. It is now selling for $57.99. 6% inflation my ass.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I buy my DEF from the local truck parts shop. Part for trucks maybe it’s called. Way cheaper.

ya we go through a pile Of milk. The kids love it, which is so much better than juices and hardy ever touch pop so Ican’t complain too much I guess.

Boy is doing well. Sleeping great already.

·
Registered
16,694 Posts
I buy my DEF from the local truck parts shop. Part for trucks maybe it’s called. Way cheaper.

ya we go through a pile Of milk. The kids love it, which is so much better than juices and hardy ever touch pop so Ican’t complain too much I guess.

Boy is doing well. Sleeping great already.
That is great to hear he is some beautiful
All the best Joe

361 - 380 of 384 Posts