Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner

Gas to take huge jump 1st of July

3K views 106 replies 16 participants last post by  3macs1 
#1 ·
Well this should be the straw that broke the camels back. Gas to jump 14-16 cents a liter 1st of July, another carbon tax. Many are just not going to be able to go to work. We are shutting the country down folks. Imagine the spike in goods and services.

#6 ·
I still can't believe that some people think that they are coming ahead on the plus side by paying a carbon tax. All of that "corporate" carbon tax trickles down to the consumer in higher prices. People get back pennies for every dollar that was taken from them and somehow figure that they are ahead.

#7 ·
The hole just keeping getting deeper and deeper. Smoke and mirrors. All we hear out of Trudys mouth about the Carbon Tax, is how much we will get back. I don't know the exact numbers, but if we pay in $1500 in Carbon Tax ... we will get $1000 back. Why not just charge us the $500 then ???? More money coming out of our pockets, while that POS keeps compiling frequent flyer miles in the private jet.... not to mention the 2 dozen security vehicles in his entourage when travelling locally. ..... and his wonderful supporters keep voting him in and keep him on that pedestal.

#14 ·
Am i understanding this correctly?the tax credit to be $125 per quarter for a single male living alone?If so thats not even gonna come close to covering just the increase in fuel for some people that travel any distance to work and back each day.Then groceries,heating everything else gonna go way up how people supposed to live i have no idea

#9 ·
Speaking of EVs....
My brother bought an electric cargo van for his company a year or two ago. He was planning to use it for local jobs. Well last winter he got 60kms to a charge. Must have been when hauling tools, heater running, wipers as needed etc.
It was just returned to the dealer, apparently they bought it back. Back to gas for him.
Not there yet.

#13 ·
There showing up like a shet load on used car lots as people are finding them useless for every day life. Brother in law got rid of his car for one of the expensive ones, not working out , they are now back to a rental. They go forward with this initiative the world will pretty well come to a stop unless you have bags of money to burn.

#12 ·
Only the low income/needy, will get the rebate. According to PP (questionable source) Atlantic Canadians will pay an average of $5000 more due to the carbon tax, and, according to C. Freeland, Atlantic Canadians will get an average rebate of $2300. This was in question period a little while ago.

#16 ·
[QUOTE="Statik,
Only the low income/needy, will get the rebate. According to PP (questionable source) Atlantic Canadians will pay an average of $5000 more due to the carbon tax, and, according to C. Freeland, Atlantic Canadians will get an average rebate of $2300. This was in question period a little while ago.
[/QUOTE]

Not sure if PP is correct on the $5,000 due to carbon tax but I call BS on Freeloader saying an average of $2300 in rebate!

I’m getting $120 a quarter ($480 a year) which isn‘t close to $2300. …….. and going to pay a lot more than $480 a year as a result of the carbon tax. From higher gas prices (to every cost incurred in living expenses). Businesses and services will be passing on their extra costs(municipal taxes, veterinary, haircuts, building supplies, restaurants, etc. etc. etc).

The liars said this great plan would not cost Canadians extra money. Money would come out of our pockets ; then money back into our pockets in rebates making it neutral - poof magic ! Pretty much like saying “the budget will balance itself”. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂. Only a Drama teacher could possibly think this way.

#17 ·
[QUOTE="Statik,

Not sure if PP is correct on the $5,000 due to carbon tax but I call BS on Freeloader saying an average of $2300 in rebate!

I’m getting $120 a quarter ($480 a year) which isn‘t close to $2300. …….. and going to pay a lot more than $480 a year as a result of the carbon tax. From higher gas prices (to every cost incurred in living expenses). Businesses and services will be passing on their extra costs(municipal taxes, veterinary, haircuts, building supplies, restaurants, etc. etc. etc).

The liars said this great plan would not cost Canadians extra money. Money would come out of our pockets ; then money back into our pockets in rebates making it neutral - poof magic ! Pretty much like saying “the budget will balance itself”. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂. Only a Drama teacher could possibly think this way.
[/QUOTE]
I'm trying to find the video of the interaction to verify the numbers.

#23 ·
3macs1 said:

Don’t like it at all and haven’t met anyone (in my circle) who does like it. And quite frankly don’t really care how many other countries are doing it.

How about I buy a $1,000 tiller from you and come by tomorrow to pick it up. I‘ll e-transfer you the money at the end of the month when my pension check is deposited. I promise, scouts honour - in fact I’ll announce it to whoever wants to know just to make you feel better. But sucks to be you (like it or not) because at the end of the month I only send you $500.

The only difference between our agreement that I broke and the Liberals carbon tax lies is that you have a legal avenue to get your money. They promised us that the money for carbon tax will be replaced through rebates - I was smart enough to not believe them if that‘s any consolation.

…… not going to accept it as a long term solution. We have choices (for now).

#28 · (Edited)
Don’t like it at all and haven’t met anyone (in my circle) who does like it. And quite frankly don’t really care how many other countries are doing it.

How about I buy a $1,000 tiller from you and come by tomorrow to pick it up. I‘ll e-transfer you the money at the end of the month when my pension check is deposited. I promise, scouts honour - in fact I’ll announce it to whoever wants to know just to make you feel better. But sucks to be you (like it or not) because at the end of the month I only send you $500.

The only difference between our agreement that I broke and the Liberals carbon tax lies is that you have a legal avenue to get your money. They promised us that the money for carbon tax will be replaced through rebates - I was smart enough to not believe them if that‘s any consolation.

…… not going to accept it as a long term solution. We have choices (for now).
And the world cares if you and your pals like it NOT Seriously who likes it no body but also realize it is reality world wide and growing so best get used to it In Canada What choices do we have wait for peepee to stop it:rolleyes:
I would not sell you a tiller for your low ball offer of 1000 :ROFLMAO: Not to mention been at this selling game a long time and nothing leaves the yard not being paid 100% even for family Plus has the end of the drive way warranty:p
Only choice I know of :)

#24 ·
Now, I don't want to speak poorly or moistly of our prime minister but I do wonder how much more stable our climate will get when this tax is implemented? Just kidding of course, it won't improve it but it won't get worse, right? And how many years to find out if it had any effect at all? Another way to juice the taxpayers, with no real end game! I have a pocket knife that keeps tigers away, I mean you don't see any tigers down this way, so it must work, right?
Under the topic of inclusion and equality, how much is Quebec paying into it?

#25 ·
I'm so sickened from this garbage of Carbon taxes and Other countries just dump waste into the ocean . But yet we are going save the planet on our part and and drive up the costs and drive Canada into the ground at same time . Liberals and thier Liberal voters mske me puke .🤮 Enjoy your pidly rebate and choke on it at same time

#36 ·
It will take years to see any impact The only country I know of doing it long enough with reports is UK so far and they have been 10 years

In Britain, the birthplace of the Industrial Revolution, greenhouse gas emissions have fallen to their lowest level since 1890. One key factor: A carbon tax that has prompted electric utilities to switch away from coal.
Technically, Britain is covered by the European Union’s broader cap-and-trade system, which sets an overall ceiling on emissions from key industries and allows companies to buy and sell carbon permits. But, because of a glut of permits on the market, carbon prices in Europe remained low for years and the program has had a relatively muted effect on emissions.
So, in 2013, Parliament enacted a carbon price floor under the system for certain sectors, including electricity, a policy that essentially functions as a carbon tax of around $25 per ton. That tax has encouraged electric utilities to rapidly switch from coal to somewhat cleaner natural gas. This is perhaps the clearest example in the world of a carbon tax leading to a significant cut in emissions.

#39 ·
No matter how much we are taxed for the carbon tax it does not matter for climate change, we contribute less than 2% to the worlds carbon as a country.
People can defend trudy and his tax on a tax but you can't escape the facts.
The credits will not come close to what we pay, even the libtards have said that.

Reactions: TrueGrit
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.