Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
7,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
youve been telling us to shoo away those big guys, DDD - not worth the hassle. Would you not follow your own advise?
Of course that’s why I said I’m glad I never saw him during daylight hours and now I’m tagged out,thankfully. Cause if I had seen him I likely wouldn’t have been able to talk myself down lol. My son and I went there today to bring in a couple of tents a half dozen cameras etc cause he said he wouldn’t be hunting there any more this year. On the way home he was checking SD cards and starting cursing and saying go back, go back. Nice deer but it’s late he’s been chasing and likely tough as shoe leather; that’s what I’m telling myself anyway.

· Registered
7,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is one very nice buck. I think he would measure at least 140 and weigh over 200 for sure.
How about everyone guess how old he is? I'd guess four and a half based on what I've read.
Mature for sure I’d say 41/2 maybe 51/2 likely weighed a little more six or seven weeks ago.

· Registered
7,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Real close on rack T..deductions would keep him low 140(ish)
I was thinking 135ish after deductions too dab both brows weren’t the same length plus he could use a little more width don’t you think ?

· Registered
129 Posts
Nets are for fish, that’s what I go by. Give me the gross score, and gross he’s high 140’s 148-150. G3’s are very long, he’d be 150 for sure if he was a bit wider. And rough guess, not a pile of belly sag or an overly boxing looking. I’m saying 4 1/2 like Tony. Super solid deer though

· Registered
7,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nets are for fish, that’s what I go by. Give me the gross score, and gross he’s high 140’s 148-150. G3’s are very long, he’d be 150 for sure if he was a bit wider. And rough guess, not a pile of belly sag or an overly boxing looking. I’m saying 4 1/2 like Tony. Super solid deer though
Yes good size but not deep sag belly or back. Gross score really doesn’t matter tho it’s net score dry, that counts. The lack of width is what caught my eye the most maybe better deer next yr Solid yes and as I said likely tough lol.

· Registered
667 Posts
That’s a smasher 3D! I’ll share a few pics too if you don’t mind! Had one of these guys slip by me on Saturday morning without ever presenting a shot. Only got a glimpse so not sure which Buck he was. Oh well!
Plant Wood Tree Natural landscape Carnivore

Water Flash photography Grey Font Monochrome photography

Brown Plant Wood Natural landscape Tree

Plant Tree Wood Carnivore Natural landscape

· Registered
905 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts

· Registered
7,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That’s a smasher 3D! I’ll share a few pics too if you don’t mind! Had one of these guys slip by me on Saturday morning without ever presenting a shot. Only got a glimpse so not sure which Buck he was. Oh well!
View attachment 98970
View attachment 98973
View attachment 98972
View attachment 98971
NP woodsmaster glad to share the thread maybe others will post some pics too!
Some nice bucks there WM and your long overdue. Take a couple days off and go shoot one!
Round one of the rut is close to done and the bucks are starting to become more interested in food so GOOD LUCK !

· Registered
667 Posts
Looooong overdue is right lol. These guys keep me up at night. Unfortunately it's been a hard year to get time away from work so I'm limited to weekends. I gotta tell myself these guys will be like leather as you said....makes it hurt a little less :ROFLMAO:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts