Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Run out and buy an electric vechile quickly. Help save the planet stop burning gas and diesel
OH WAIT- how do you charge an electric vechile
With electricity produced by burning fossil fuels lol, what a crock

·
Registered
459 Posts
I won’t be trading my fuel efficient F150 for the F150 lightning anytime soon lol. Nice features but towing with electricity isn’t that efficient in my opinion, neither is sitting in the driveway in -45 to -55 for several weeks.

·
Registered
17,024 Posts
Remember they laughed at Henry ford also and said it would never happen all they needed was a better horse since where would they get gas or roads etc etc
It is coming regardless if we like it or not just like the automobile did

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
It's the way of the future...too bad it'll be forced upon us.
I wonder how the power grid will hold up?
Power grid will be over burden and will go down faster than a wind event in Nova Scotia , NSP cannot keep the lights going with high wind event as they call it .

NSP from what I've seen puts very little back into the grid , fist time in 10-15 yrs I've seen tree clearing around lines in some areas that even had trees grown around and encased the line itself ,only to be left there to hang of that segment .

·
Registered
785 Posts
Power grid will be over burden and will go down faster than a wind event in Nova Scotia , NSP cannot keep the lights going with high wind event as they call it .

NSP from what I've seen puts very little back into the grid , fist time in 10-15 yrs I've seen tree clearing around lines in some areas that even had trees grown around and encased the line itself ,only to be left there to hang of that segment
Very true.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Did you hear 2 reporters tried an electric truck towing 100lbs? They left with a full charge and made it 88miles before they had to call for help, the battery was dead. Second day they made it 90 miles. Towed back to dealer, apparently it was a defective battery pack, they have yet to retest the truck.

Its not fir me

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Can’t afford to replace battery in my I phone, never mind an electric car. First turbo chargers now giant lithium batteries.

Reactions: 682bubba

·
Registered
459 Posts
Did you hear 2 reporters tried an electric truck towing 100lbs? They left with a full charge and made it 88miles before they had to call for help, the battery was dead. Second day they made it 90 miles. Towed back to dealer, apparently it was a defective battery pack, they have yet to retest the truck.

Its not fir me
I will stick to my 1244 kms on a tank of fuel for the meantime lol

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Biggest farce ever. EV’s have their place … commuting from A to B in a urban environment.… and folks who drive a couple km’s a day. Friends of ours bought a Tesla and quickly realized they weren’t ready for it. They sold it after a few months. Constantly charging it. The cold weather really drains the battery. I don’t know if they had it long enough to see how the AC effected it, but I’m guess it would be a battery drainer also. Headlights … radio … wipers … etc …. All battery drainers. Save the planet, they say. Buy EV’s. How are these vehicles charged ??? Fossil fuels. Canada has been investing millions of dollars in China’s coal mines. In Canada … the twat waffle is charging us a carbon tax, but yet he invests our money into coal mines in the most earth polluting country in the world. Don’t buy into the governments earth saving idea’s. More smoke and mirrors to squeeze more money out of your pockets.

·
Registered
17,024 Posts

Its not fir me
And what is the difference to what some drive today. Sounds just like a gas FORD truck to me :p:p

·
Registered
17,024 Posts
Old Henry would be laughing and saying where have I heard this all before . What a bunch of cavemen here face it boys the world is changing and the stuff we love is not cool any more from guns to automobiles
Forget the grid or how the electric cars perform now. That will be all worked out. It is coming big time

Henry's words on gas at the start and that was sure worked out
In those days there were no gasoline stations, and the only place the fuel could be purchased was in a drug store. If, by chance, the druggist had a gallon of it, we were happy. Seldom were we able to buy in such a large quantity and usually we had to be content with a pint or a quart.

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
EV’s are coming. They want all new vehicles sold starting in 2035 to be electric. That’s only 13 years away. I expect by 2050, they will have improved by leaps and bounds. The next 25 years is going to be hectic, to say the least. NSP can’t handle a puff of wind now. Power is usually out for up to a week following a hurricane. According to the government experts … hurricanes will be more prominent here because of climate change. Provinces / states will shut down when the grid goes down. Long haul truckers will take weeks to get from one place to another. It will take weeks for farmers to get their crops done. I don’t think these global elites are looking at the big picture. The elites are looking at one thing …. $$$$$

·
Registered
17,024 Posts
EV’s are coming. They want all new vehicles sold starting in 2035 to be electric. That’s only 13 years away. I expect by 2050, they will have improved by leaps and bounds. The next 25 years is going to be hectic, to say the least. NSP can’t handle a puff of wind now. Power is usually out for up to a week following a hurricane. According to the government experts … hurricanes will be more prominent here because of climate change. Provinces / states will shut down when the grid goes down. Long haul truckers will take weeks to get from one place to another. It will take weeks for farmers to get their crops done. I don’t think these global elites are looking at the big picture. The elites are looking at one thing …. $$$$$
They sure are. One thing some are forgetting NSP may not be the only supplier of power to us in the future which would be a good thing Ontario has seven and Alberta five
Humm I see an opportunity for you, Maybe you can share what powers your space ship built in Mars and we could go with that :p:p

·
Registered
823 Posts
The times are a changin but the power grids are still in the 70's if a million people bought ev's and plug their ev in at the same time along the eastern seaboard it would blow the grid.A freind of mine has a bud with a tesla he drove to CB last week he left the mainland with a full charge of 600 kilometer range on charge he turns on the air and had to recharge at causeway.Which took over an hour, i'm reading down in the states alot of people are taking honda gens with them when they leave the cities.Like was said there good for in cities but not for traviling long distance.

·
Administrator
10,989 Posts
Seen pics of folks sitting in lawn chairs along side the road...while a Honda Inverter generator was running charging their vehicle...LOL.." all lectric my azz "...lol

·
Registered
586 Posts
anything new has set backs but in time it will all get worked out :)
True. It will take time before EVs are as convenient as gas/diesel but they'll get there I think. Think of how many years it took to build the gas/diesel infrastructure that exists now. Plus, I expect long haul trucks will remain diesel for quite some time.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts