Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Got my shot a few weeks ago {one of the befits of being in the over 80 group LOL ] No soreness or aftereffects. Wife got her first shot yesterday. Don`t understand why people are making a big fuss over the shots. We have all had vaccines over the years, so what is the big deal about this one. Vaccines have eliminated many diseases and pretty well everyone alive today has had other shots anyways. If you dont want it for yourself at least take it so you wont affect others.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I got my second shot of Pfizer yesterday, got an email Thursday evening that spaces we available so booked it for the next day. I really don`t see all the fuss about getting the vaccines. I don`t think that there is anyone around today that has not had vaccines before. When I was a kid polio was everywhere and lots of other stuff too and you could not go to school unless you were vaccinated. Don`t see any of those diseases around today, so why all the fuss?? I joined the military at 17 and guess what ? had to get all the vaccines all over again, plus others for Malaria and other diseases, as we were all over the world . After retirement the wife and I took a trip around the world and had to get vaccines for unheard diseases before we went. Even if I have had the shots that does not mean that I wont get the virus, but it is my understanding that I will get sick, but a milder case. But so far I have not heard that anyone who has had the shots and given time to develop antibodies has died . So at my age why would I want to be around people who refuse to take the vaccines. In my opinion set a date for everyone to get the shots, and after that date if you refuse to be vaccinated and you get the virus and need intensive care you should be willing to pay the medical bills for your treatment cause it ain`t cheap to be in intensive care.

·
Registered
440 Posts
When we were young, we all had to have vaccines for polio,measles,whopping cough, chicken pox and tetanus or we could not go to school. You dont hear much about those diseases today becausewe all took the vaccines. Medical science has come a long way since those vaccines were invented. I believe that the vaccines for covid are effective and we will never overcome this until ALL are vaccinated, except those who for medical reasons cannot be vaccinated. Yes you can still get the covid, but you probably will not be hospitalized and will not DIE. Those who do not accept the vaccine will just drag this on and on as they say that it is their right. Just think where we would be today if everyone had not got the polio shot. Probably half the population would be in wheelchairs and the other half would be pushing them.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Thought you were older then myself ,I guess not. When I was a kid there was no vaccine for the measles or chicken pox. We all ( likely most on this site) had those diseases and built immunity against them.
There have always been people of different religious faiths in this country, some against vaccines so they didn’t get the polio vax either and not that many of them in wheelchairs now. Literally millions of people in North America did not get the polio vaccine.
"We all ( likely most on this site) had those diseases and built immunity against them. "
According to that statement I guess then I had better get out there and get the covid so I can build up immunity against ever getting it again. But that is if I survive getting it the first time. Which a lot of people haven`t .Everyone has a right to their own opinion, don`t get the vaccine if you don`t want to, but I believe that the virus will be around for a long time, and sooner or later we all will come in contact with it. And like you said ,you have to build up immunity which is what the vaccine is supposed to do. I have had my shots and I am prepared as best as I can . Good luck to those who don`t take the vaccine.

·
Registered
440 Posts
TonyM said "I try to stay out of this foolishness but when I see plain dumb chit being said I just have to chime in.

Don`t let it get to you TonyM, you are just beating your head up agains the wall because you wont change the opinion of some of the people. Look at USA. You have the Q group that believe that the USA is run by people who molest and then kill children for their blood, a formere president who was a crook before election, a crook after election, who knew about the virus but hid it from the public so he and his friends could profit, played golf half the time and watched cartoons on tv or posted crap on facebook, the other half. Snuggled up to Russia and North Korea, told his followers to take bleach or put a bright light inside their bodies and the virus would go away. Tried a coup when he lost the election and yet I bet that the 73 million Americans who voted for him the second time around will vote for him if he runs again Too many people putting crazy info on the web and too many people out there that believe it. Sometime I think that we would be better off with out the internet.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I see that there is one covid case in intensive care in Halifax today. Would be a good time for those who dont want to get vacinated to do a quick walk through and go home and build up some natural immunity.

·
Registered
440 Posts
DD …. How were they working 3 months ago ??? Nova Scotia was crippled with a high number of cases. Vaccines and masks wasn’t working so great then. What will the excuse be this fall when another shutdown comes ??? Reckless college kids ???
3 months ago there was a high number of cases and the general public was not vaccinated .That is when they started giving the general public the vaccines and after 3 months and the number of cases are down to one. You gotta love that vaccine.

·
Registered
440 Posts
DD … what part of the world have you been living in ?? They started vaccinating in early January. That’s 4 months before the outbreak. Try again.
I`m living in the real world. Being in the over 80 group I was vaccinate with the first dose on April 1st, which was the first group of the general public that got their vaccinations. The first group after the first responders. Just what part of the world are you living in ?????????????????

·
Registered
440 Posts
I see that Buckmark`s Army in Ontario put the run to Justin Trudeau over the vaccine and proof of vaccination yesterday. It won`t be over till its over. They`re going to fight to the last man left alive.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Don`t know if the vaccine will save me until after I get the covid but I`m still here so far. And I have more than my share of vaccines in my lifetime and those vaccines got me to my eighties. So I`m siding with the vaccine

·
Registered
440 Posts
Has any of the "Non Vaccinated Non Believers" on here tried Ivermectin Yet?? It`s selling big in the USA as a substitute for the covid shots. Company normally sells 3600 pills a day, but is now selling 88000 pills a day as people think it works, It is a pill to deworm horses LOL and the non vaccine believers are taking it. Just shows you that you can`t fix stupid.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Daddy Duncan … you may want to do a bit more research on Ivermectin. It does a whole lot more than what you say it does. We have used it for years … and we never had horses. Ivermectin is being used in clinical trials to CURE covid … and has been for a while. When people see it being used in clinical trials … of course there are some that will try it. Thousands of people were lining up for an unknown vaccine during the clinical trials. There is some merit to ivermectin.… just like Hydrochloriquine. That, too, is in clinical trials to see if it is safe to cure covid.
Try Bleach, Donald Trump recommends ibleach. People will try all kinds of stuff as long as it is not a recomended vaccine

·
Registered
440 Posts
COVID doesn't care which party is in power, however it does care about the science and what measures are taken. Over and over proactive governments have seen better economic recoveries and fewer cases than governments in denial of science. We're not completely safe though until the world is safe, until then it will continue to sneak in. All we can do is to try to stop the major outbreaks. I'd rather have early measures (masks, vaccine passports, etc) than to have full lockdowns. High Covid numbers do more economic damage than proactive measures.
Well said Adam. Wether people like the vaccine or not the safest thing at this time is for everyone is to take the vaccine, as long as you are medically fit to due so, so we can stop the spread as much as we can and get back to normal or at least as normal as we can. I always thought that we lived in one of the best country`s in the world, but from what I see we are no better than the USA. Some people in this county today would be voting for Trump if he was to be running in our upcoming election. Too much bad info on the net and too many lies being reported over and over until those lies are taken as the truth.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.