Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
2121 - 2140 of 2247 Posts

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
You are right Joe… I will never know. I spent 10 days in California with no masks… distancing or hand sanitizer, and I lived to talk about it. We just got word last night that our next door neighbor in Florida is in hospital in New York with covid. They are ANAL about covid. They were the first to get their shots … more masks when no one else was. Etc …etc. They drove to NY to be with family. They said they are very careful travelling and follow all safety precautions. They just can’t believe he got it in the first place. Only him. Not her … or their son and DIL or grandkids (And they are all fully vaxxed). They got vaxxed in March. Maybe it’s wearing off already. 6-8 months is about right … then it’s booster time !!

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
You are right Joe… I will never know. I spent 10 days in California with no masks… distancing or hand sanitizer, and I lived to talk about it. We just got word last night that our next door neighbor in Florida is in hospital in New York with covid. They are ANAL about covid. They were the first to get their shots … more masks when no one else was. Etc …etc. They drove to NY to be with family. They said they are very careful travelling and follow all safety precautions. They just can’t believe he got it in the first place. Only him. Not her … or their son and DIL or grandkids (And they are all fully vaxxed). They got vaxxed in March. Maybe it’s wearing off already. 6-8 months is about right … then it’s booster time !!
Sorry to hear about your friend, I hope they get through it OK . Or maybe they just happen to be in that 6% that is just doesn't seem to help as it should. May explain why the rest of the family didnot get it
Take care

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Why a mandate because people are not smart enough or have enough common sense to do the simple things to protect them like getting a vaccine . Thank god it is less than 10% of the population and that number is dropping daily and those that try to hang on will be forced or live the rest of their life as if they are dead going no where

Cheers
Did everyone years ago get vaccinated? So you believe we are at 90%. Was that not suppose to be enough, were they wrong or are there more than 10% unvaccinated? Where are you going that vaccinated has changed everything for you. Are you going on a trip? I have to wonder going forward do we no longer rely on our immune system, do we need injections of some sort each year for every little thing. You and many more are going to have a swollen arm once those viruses thawing out up north from the perma frost are released, they believe thousands. How will you keep up?

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Did everyone years ago get vaccinated? So you believe we are at 90%. Was that not suppose to be enough, were they wrong or are there more than 10% unvaccinated? Where are you going that vaccinated has changed everything for you. Are you going on a trip? I have to wonder going forward do we no longer rely on our immune system, do we need injections of some sort each year for every little thing. You and many more are going to have a swollen arm once those viruses thawing out up north from the perma frost are released, they believe thousands. How will you keep up?
You cannot compare years ago my grandmother for example had 10 times the immune system I have and never even caught a cold and lived to 99 also never ate one thing processed or drank out of plastic or would use a micro wave . No I think NS is about 78% or so but just a guess. Has nothing to do with me going any where but I have hundreds and hundreds of people in my face every year with the flowers and veggies and have no clue where they have been
AHH get a few rounds of chemo dude and then tell me what kind of immune system you have left. I have just about none IMO
Cheers

According to the tracker

79.799%
of all people in Nova Scotia have received at least one dose 74.3% with two

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
TrueGrit … I read something a while back, and it said everyone will eventually get Covid. Vaxxed or not. Many has already had it and shrugged it off as a bad cold. I am still convinced I had it in Mid-February of 2020. I just arrived in Florida having been on several planes and airports a couple day previous. I was sick. … like desperately sick. It is said, that covid was likely in the US in the fall of 2019. People thought it was a bad flu, because covid wasn’t even mentioned yet.
One month before covid was announced I visited a dental place in Bedford. I never get colds, never had a flue shot, can shower, spray me down with the hose during the winter, put me outside, it does not matter, no colds. 3-4 days after my dental visit I had a sore throat, chills etc that lasted two weeks or so. I probably had it now my lungs and organs are shot because no one actually recovers from it is what I have been told. Watched the Leafs and Senators last night and it sure looked like the sens players all had covid, they were out of gas:)

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
I have asked before but get no answer from the vaccinated. Why are athletes who got covid not appear to be effected if it is suppose to attack your lungs, organs? Anyone?

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
One month before covid was announced I visited a dental place in Bedford. I never get colds, never had a flue shot, can shower, spray me down with the hose during the winter, put me outside, it does not matter, no colds. 3-4 days after my dental visit I had a sore throat, chills etc that lasted two weeks or so. I probably had it now my lungs and organs are shot because no one actually recovers from it is what I have been told. Watched the Leafs and Senators last night and it sure looked like the sens players all had covid, they were out of gas:)
My lab rat says to get a covid 19 antibody blood test and it will determine if you had it OH yes I forgot why I got the vaccine well I had no choice my lab rat made the appointment and drove me there :p pretty much the day it was available for my age
Cheers

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
I have asked before but get no answer from the vaccinated. Why are athletes who got covid not appear to be effected if it is suppose to attack your lungs, organs? Anyone?
Honestly how do we know and yes I gave my opinion which was wait and see what they are like in a year or so not to mention they have access to the best of medical care and have better lungs than 10 of us combined
Cheers

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Honestly how do we know and yes I gave my opinion which was wait and see what they are like in a year or so not to mention they have access to the best of medical care and have better lungs than 10 of us combined
Cheers
There is a definite connection to covid and ones health. Maybe going forward many should look at making a change in there lifestyle. Way to many unhealthy people out there. Lots more viruses coming. There sitting ducks.

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
There is a definite connection to covid and ones health. Maybe going forward many should look at making a change in there lifestyle. Way to many unhealthy people out there. Lots more viruses coming. There sitting ducks.
A bit old now but a good read
take care

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm no doctor but I think the answer is that there is an extremely broad range of reactions to a covid infection. Even some older people that were not overly healthy before getting covid managed to beat it and seem to have few to no long term effects. Same with athletes, except, I think that because of their excellent health and strength going in they generally fare better than the average person. And, as 3MACS1 pointed out, they get the absolute best care possible. Think about Trump. He is in a high risk segment of the population. He got covid, received a level of care that even elite athletes would be jealous of, and came through it quickly and with seemly no long term negative effects.

PS - I might be wrong on this, but, I seem to recall a pro football player in the US dying from covid and it has definitely killed many young otherwise perfectly healthy teenagers around the world (just at a much lower rate than it kills older folks).

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
My wife left today for meetings in Tampa and Detroit. I told her to be careful in Florida. She smiled and said …”I’m fully vaccinated … I’m good”. DeSantes has been criticized for opening up too soon. I was curious as to how they were doing.… so I did some digging. Keeping in mind that these guys have been FULLY opened, with ZERO restrictions since March 1st of this year. They had a little spike in cases this spring, and then the big spike in August. The death rate followed this trend. The spike in the spring came and went with no restrictions. The large spike this summer came and went with no restrictions. All this with a 58% fully vaxxed population. These variants are going to come and go, regardless of vaccines percentages. The push to get everyone vaxxed is pure BS. The vaccine WILL NOT eliminate covid. Some “experts” are saying the next wave will be worse than the Delta. Unleash the fear factor !!!

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
Why a mandate because people are not smart enough or have enough common sense to do the simple things to protect them like getting a vaccine . Thank god it is less than 10% of the population and that number is dropping daily and those that try to hang on will be forced or live the rest of their life as if they are dead going no where

Cheers
TrueGrit … I read something a while back, and it said everyone will eventually get Covid. Vaxxed or not. Many has already had it and shrugged it off as a bad cold. I am still convinced I had it in Mid-February of 2020. I just arrived in Florida having been on several planes and airports a couple day previous. I was sick. … like desperately sick. It is said, that covid was likely in the US in the fall of 2019. People thought it was a bad flu, because covid wasn’t even mentioned yet.
It wouldn't surprise me at all if you had it and didn't know. I know a couple of guys in their mid thirties that had it in the summer of 2020 in Alberta. Both told me they felt run down with a cold, didn't take anything special to treat it. They tested positive and had to take 7 days off work at the time but felt like they could have come back to work on the fourth day. There was a rapid test that the US had that would tell you if you currently had it, never had it, or had it in the past using a drop of your blood, with the results in 3 minutes. Canada had a chance to get that test out to Canadians in the first quarter of 2020 and refused it.

·
Administrator
10,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,135 ·
I can see that being very plausible BM...only reason I say that is, my daughter swears she had it before it was "an item of concern"...she was sick from after Xmas to mid Feb..deathly sick. Had us very concerned at the time.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
The vaccine is already proving to degenerate the brain. Most have lost the ability to think for themselves. They are programmed to believe the government propaganda BS. I also see that pregnancy problems is a side affect of the vaccine. Makes me think back to what Gates told a packed house … “with the ”PROPER VACCINES” … “WE” can lower the earths population”.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
The vaccine is already proving to degenerate the brain. Most have lost the ability to think for themselves. They are programmed to believe the government propaganda BS. I also see that pregnancy problems is a side affect of the vaccine. Makes me think back to what Gates told a packed house … “with the ”PROPER VACCINES” … “WE” can lower the earths population”.
There was a breast feeding mother that lost here child back a month or two from the vaccine, baby developed breathing problems. My friend told me yesterday that a relative of theirs took the vaccine with reassurances from medical folks that it would not harm her new born. The baby is now in the hospital with breathing problems also. They are very worried. No one that took the vaccine can reassure anyone of its. Time will tell the real story.

·
Administrator
10,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,140 ·
Did you even read this? See the words MAY in both blurbs...see who it's written by ?? Long time freedom fighter fighter and activist ....you're out googling joe now...lmfao

2121 - 2140 of 2247 Posts