Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
2581 - 2600 of 2688 Posts

·
Registered
14,910 Posts
No, I am on the two tag system, but only if it were a monster. I see covid is starting to run rampant through sporting teams. Vaccination is not going to save them. Whether you are vaccinated or not there appears to be no winning. A new virus strain announced yesterday. Going to the woods at least seems like one left it all behind, and its peaceful sleeping there :)
Can understand the peaceful sleep in your blind but still need a better chair IMO
Nothing like it :) IMO and that I do miss about hunting deer
My old bud this week dozed off in his blind and didnot wake up until 7.00 pm. Scared the hell out of him didnot know where he was :D:D told him what does an old 71 year old fool expect but with that one scrape he is now back on a mission and not quitting any more
So how will you kill the next one since you won't have the lever to beat him over the head. :p

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Lots of horror stories for sure. Most of these people "milk" the system, and then can't believe they got fired. It's a long process to get fired from there.... but if you steal ... you're gone. Usually these people that have major issues with the company, are not company people. They call in constantly ... they are constantly "injured". Most of these people are lazy slobs that just don't want to work. They want to be on LTD. Sit on their arse and stay home and get 75% of their salary tax free and their bills paid. Seen it all too many times. It's a sign of the times. This younger generation just does not want to do physical labour ... especially 12 hr shift work. I am definitely not the only one that sees that.

·
Registered
14,910 Posts
Lots of horror stories for sure. Most of these people "milk" the system, and then can't believe they got fired. It's a long process to get fired from there.... but if you steal ... you're gone. Usually these people that have major issues with the company, are not company people. They call in constantly ... they are constantly "injured". Most of these people are lazy slobs that just don't want to work. They want to be on LTD. Sit on their arse and stay home and get 75% of their salary tax free and their bills paid. Seen it all too many times. It's a sign of the times. This younger generation just does not want to do physical labour ... especially 12 hr shift work. I am definitely not the only one that sees that.
Yes we had many in the mines also and the union protected them but we also had a ton of great hard working people as I know you worked with also
I spent about two hours today looking at bridge water and job opportunities and looking at it from here I agree with Adam
You say the tire handlers are contract and make 15 bucks an hour so I see a tire place today where I can sit on a counter and make 18 and a lumber yard looking for a yard man over 20 ( plus many more examples ) so why would I go sling heavy tires
Also Michelin shows one type of position opening right now for production operators and like when I was interviewed 100 years ago :) it looks like they still do that up front skill test and now call it a Essential Skills Assessment
Maybe most of the non secondary educated or untrained people cannot pass it so cannot even get an interview . It was not a cake walk years ago no idea what it is like today
Just a thought maybe why locals cannot get the jobs or try
Also they showed 102 jobs in your town which yes is a lot but one at a restaurant and that was for a cook so these places complaining are they even trying to find people or just complaining
Just my useless 2 cents but it gave me something different to do today after making 24 dozen :( peorgies with the mrs so thanks for that :)
Take care

OH yes you will find this funny. I could not get into out favorite spot for breakfast this morning since the wife drove and took her rig and I had no wallet or proof of vaccination and had to go home to get it and they know us well and we have been there at least 6 times since oct 5th and showed proof 6 times so some places take it very serious and I was glad they do

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
We went to a local restaurant last night and we go often enough, that they don't ask for proof any longer. They had us fill out a paper saying we were fully vaxxed. Covers their arse I guess. They say it's a pain to ask people for POV when they know the people are frequent diners. Maybe more places will do this.

·
Registered
14,910 Posts
We went to a local restaurant last night and we go often enough, that they don't ask for proof any longer. They had us fill out a paper saying we were fully vaxxed. Covers their arse I guess. They say it's a pain to ask people for POV when they know the people are frequent diners. Maybe more places will do this.
Something happened IMO where we go since once we were entered in the computer first time they told us that was it but not today and I would just show to show walking in plus the same girl every time
Place was also full for a change and maybe there was someone there that was going to give them a hard time god knows or maybe they got a hard time
All I know is I got my ass ripped by the mrs and the old why don't you carry your wallet like a normal person lecture . Didnot help when I said so I won't have to pay :D:D
take care

·
Registered
99 Posts
You believe in government funded science. I don't. If they wouldn't have shut the economy down for this plandemic ... there wouldn't be the economic bounce back we are seeing now. Trillions of dollars were lost. The only ones making money now are China and the super elite. They are making a killing on vaccines. All part of the "Great reset". Covid is just a smoke screen. And BTW ... I talk to my financial guy several times a day (good friend) and yes ... the economy is booming again ... but it's gonna take a lot to get back to where we were. Now is the time to start investing, if you haven't already.
I'd be careful investing more at this point. Of course if you're already invested all you can do is hang on. I feel stocks in general are over valued. Which is good news as long as it lasts. I fear another major "correction" is coming. As my adviser says, it isn't if, its when. Just a matter of time. Still the stock market is preferable to GICs or saving accounts with interest rates crappy like they are.
The markets are driven by the large institutional investors like hedge funds, insurance companies and mutual funds etcetera. Big buys and sells are done by computers running algorithms. Us little guys are just along for the ride. The big players drive the markets up and down making money in both directions. The good news is, in the long term higher stock prices are good for them too.
Now I sound like a conspiracy theorist too! 😊

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
The Ottawa Sens have postponed their next 3 games because of a covid outbreak. 10 players and one coach. 11 FULLY VACCINATED people within a small group of players. We all know the vaccine will not prevent you from getting it ... but 11 people ??? Almost makes the vaccine worthless IMO. HURRY UP WITH THOSE BOOSTERS !!!

·
Registered
14,910 Posts
I'd be careful investing more at this point. Of course if you're already invested all you can do is hang on. I feel stocks in general are over valued. Which is good news as long as it lasts. I fear another major "correction" is coming. As my adviser says, it isn't if, its when. Just a matter of time. Still the stock market is preferable to GICs or saving accounts with interest rates crappy like they are.
The markets are driven by the large institutional investors like hedge funds, insurance companies and mutual funds etcetera. Big buys and sells are done by computers running algorithms. Us little guys are just along for the ride. The big players drive the markets up and down making money in both directions. The good news is, in the long term higher stock prices are good for them too.
Now I sound like a conspiracy theorist too! 😊
I would never invest in the stock market again. Had some real bad experiences with london life and their freedom 55 BS more like freedom 95
Remember mom saying GIC son and me saying that was for old people well when I left the mines and transferred my severance to them the planes hit 911 and I lost 112K in one month and to this day over 20 years later it has never come back fully some investment
Should have listened to her and at least would have made something and not in the hole 20 years later. Muscle cars looking back was where it was at for me and I should have stashed dozens . Buy a70ss chevelle for 2300 in 74 and sell it for over 40K in 2019
Cheers

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
This thread still going !
It’s totally obvious the vax doesn’t work, with 80% vaxed not just here but in most of Europe and Asia, the cases are spiking everywhere and its being spread by those that are vaxed as much or more then by the un vaxed, let’s face it it’s impossible for 20% to be spreading the virus so much

·
Registered
14,910 Posts
This thread still going !
It’s totally obvious the vax doesn’t work, with 80% vaxed not just here but in most of Europe and Asia, the cases are spiking everywhere and its being spread by those that are vaxed as much or more then by the un vaxed, let’s face it it’s impossible for 20% to be spreading the virus so much
Great to see you post again you old goat
So how many deer do you have in the freezer :)
We were worried about you and wonderful to see you back
take care
Joe

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
What a crock of chit !!! Covid is going nowhere anytime soon. Too much money to make with an active virus. Is this study funded by PETA to save the deer ?? The way this backwards government in Canada is … they will likely cancel deer season next year, in hopes of getting rid of covid.… because masks and vaccines are certainly not taking it away. Like I said many times … all you have to do is stop listening to the fear the media is spewing out and look around you with your own eyes. There is a photo circulating around showing hundreds and hundreds of people in Mic Mac Mall around that creepy rendition of Woody. There could very well be a lot of unvaxxed people mingling freely about. Apparently, covid doesn’t exist when people are out in malls spending money.… just like it doesn’t exist in restaurants where the wait staff does not need to be vaxxed.

·
Registered
14,910 Posts
What a crock of chit !!! Covid is going nowhere anytime soon. Too much money to make with an active virus. Is this study funded by PETA to save the deer ?? The way this backwards government in Canada is … they will likely cancel deer season next year, in hopes of getting rid of covid.… because masks and vaccines are certainly not taking it away. Like I said many times … all you have to do is stop listening to the fear the media is spewing out and look around you with your own eyes. There is a photo circulating around showing hundreds and hundreds of people in Mic Mac Mall around that creepy rendition of Woody. There could very well be a lot of unvaxxed people mingling freely about. Apparently, covid doesn’t exist when people are out in malls spending money.… just like it doesn’t exist in restaurants where the wait staff does not need to be vaxxed.
A lot from the remaining 4% over 12 not vaccinated NOT
Cheers

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
If you can't see the hypocrisy with this ... you need more coffee to wake you up. Since you think it's the unvaxxed keeping this plandemic alive .. just a few could cause catastrophic results if they're allowed to mingle with the vaxxed. Wake up Joe ... you're still asleep.
.... on a side note ... how are things on the island with the storm ?? We had no wind to speak of but 70 mm of rain so far.

·
Registered
14,910 Posts
If you can't see the hypocrisy with this ... you need more coffee to wake you up. Since you think it's the unvaxxed keeping this plandemic alive .. just a few could cause catastrophic results if they're allowed to mingle with the vaxxed. Wake up Joe ... you're still asleep.
.... on a side note ... how are things on the island with the storm ?? We had no wind to speak of but 70 mm of rain so far.
Lots of wind last night and no rain
Rain started about 6.00 and wind seems to have switched direction a bit and now is really picking up. My guess gusting to at least 90 now and rain is not too bad so far but I think it is just starting and going to be long day for my greenhouses :(
Take care and stay safe

LOL and a long day for me since school is cancelled and mama is home with a list in hand :(

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
If deer got it what does it say for family pets. We better start putting everything down:)

·
Registered
14,910 Posts
Lots of wind last night and no rain
Rain started about 6.00 and wind seems to have switched direction a bit and now is really picking up. My guess gusting to at least 90 now and rain is not too bad so far but I think it is just starting and going to be long day for my greenhouses :(
Take care and stay safe

LOL and a long day for me since school is cancelled and mama is home with a list in hand :(
Yep mrs and I just got back from breakfast. Crazy out there now. Very Heavy rain coming sideways :( blew the old truck all over the road

2581 - 2600 of 2688 Posts