Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
3741 - 3760 of 3853 Posts

·
Registered
15,752 Posts
Like I said, not my words. I think the key words in that statement is, it will be up to the judge to decide. It could go either way. All depends if the judge is a sheep or actually sees this virus for what it is.
Yep judges go against the government all the time
There is no either way just lawyers wasting peoples money
Cheers

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Well I seem to recall 3macs saying Something like we wouldn’t See much change in property assessments when he was going on about how every fired nurse is easily replaced by people who can easily afford to move. Well my assessments came and wow what a surprise he doesn’t know everything. Lol. What a jump. And I’m sure it’s only the beginning. Next year should be another good one. And diesel just jumped 5c over night here as well.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
From what I am hearing from my trucker friends, they are parking their rigs on the road January 23rd and on the 24th there is a convoy heading from Calgary to Ottawa and they are planning on clogging up roadways. Best stock up on toilet paper. If people think we need the vaccine more than we need Truckers, hang onto your hats. .... shit gonna get real.

·
Registered
99 Posts
From what I am hearing from my trucker friends, they are parking their rigs on the road January 23rd and on the 24th there is a convoy heading from Calgary to Ottawa and they are planning on clogging up roadways. Best stock up on toilet paper. If people think we need the vaccine more than we need Truckers, hang onto your hats. .... shit gonna get real.
The "people" who support vaccine mandates will get what they deserve (unless they are rich and/or in power). I personally think mandates are a very slippery slope - who knows what the people in power will mandate next. And then pay the spin doctors (with our money) to make the majority believe it's for the greater good. Unfortunately the people that still believe in freedom will have to suffer along with them.

·
Registered
15,752 Posts
Well I seem to recall 3macs saying Something like we wouldn’t See much change in property assessments when he was going on about how every fired nurse is easily replaced by people who can easily afford to move. Well my assessments came and wow what a surprise he doesn’t know everything. Lol. What a jump. And I’m sure it’s only the beginning. Next year should be another good one. And diesel just jumped 5c over night here as well.
No not what 3macs 1 said and if I knew everything or close to it sure would not be hanging here with you guys
He said this years assessments were done before the big boom so if you seen a Huge jump now you best sit down for the next one
And what is big?? percentage wise. Mine went 100% that time in one year or 97,000 that is big
5- 6% was estimated as a min just due to inflation
What did yours go up percentage wise
Big one why no big freak out on social media if the increases are WOW since tons have them now or maybe that will come

Here is my wow one for today my pizza went from 20 to 25 bucks since last friday :( big deal I know but that is a 25% increase
Cheers
Your assessment could be 24 months old and at least 12
2022 Property Assessment Timeline:

2022 Assessment Cycle Timeline

·
Registered
15,752 Posts
tagged for interest

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Well when you go from changing by 1000 or less every year to suddenly 11 grand jump. That’s a big increase. Sure the percent is not astronomical, but we’ve lived in this house 10 years and it has fluctuated like I said up and down less than a grand at a time and now an 11 thousand increase at once. And I’m certain next year will follow as well.

·
Registered
15,752 Posts
Well when you go from changing by 1000 or less every year to suddenly 11 grand jump. That’s a big increase. Sure the percent is not astronomical, but we’ve lived in this house 10 years and it has fluctuated like I said up and down less than a grand at a time and now an 11 thousand increase at once. And I’m certain next year will follow as well.
Yes it hurts for sure but not really what we were talking about way back and the boom impact from houses selling for crazy prices next to us and yes would not be shocked to see another 5/6% bump next year as you say
Just guessing but it sounds to me like you got caught like I did
I had 14 years little bumps as you say and then bang 97,000 ( over 100%) but I had to be honest with my self at the time and ask was the house worth the increase on the market ya it was even if It hurt
Not hard to find out just ask when the last time your home was actually appraised before this one and do an appeal to see what they say
Doesn't hurt
Like I said all along it was said months ago to expect 5-6% min, mine should be here this week I will let you know what they did to mine
take care

·
Registered
15,752 Posts
8.5% increase in my property assessments. Far above inflation.
Honestly not real bad when 5-6% was predicted this year in Nova Scotia

Have to remember this in NS those average prices are scary IMO

Nova Scotia Monthly Summary
December 2021Residential SalesYear-Over-Year % ChangeResidential Average PriceYear-Over-Year % Change
Annapolis Valley133-0.7$309,20929.4
Cape Breton6821.4$214,54334.8
Halifax-Dartmouth344-35.5$490,12722.2
Highland Region18-41.9$332,91140.0
Northern Nova Scotia105-14.6$219,31434.7
South Shore68-4.2$402,52420.8
Yarmouth43207.1$280,48441.9
Nova Scotia779-19.0$375,82817.2

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
People are weird, everyone has multiple vaccines from birth, they have been an accepted part of our lives for decades. Now with social media, vaccines are somehow the government's way of control, secretive plots by shady global cabals, a tracking mechanism from Bill Gates lol, and more. Do people really believe that millions of scientists got together ahead of time to plot a global conspiracy and then vaccinated their own families to keep up the conspiracy?!?!
??? I had one vaccine and one booster as a child that’s it. Plus those were tried and tested over many yrs before being given to the general population same as all the vaccines given to military personnel all went through the proper testing protocol including pier reviewed trails.Took years and years to produce. The covid vaccines were not tried and properly tested and their were not the normal pier reviews. Actually refused to have these vaccines properly pier reviewed and the scientists that spoke out were very quickly shut down and dis credited.
Most don’t realize there are millions of people in the world speaking out ( or trying to) against these vaccines including doctors and scientists.
The only conspiracy I believe in is the one that’s making certain rich people even richer.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
What are you talking about not funny haha
funny
difficult to explain or understand; strange or odd.
if you think it was an error no way a flip flop 100%

The federal gov backed off but once it was announced the elite intervened ( no Bucky not bill)
and pressured the government to stand its ground.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
I hope they run right through parliament and the turdboy gets run over multiple times!

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Lol- I wish, mine went up $42,000.

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Aunt and uncle tested positive today. Both late sixties. He has a runny nose and sore bones. She has no symptoms.

·
Registered
15,752 Posts
Aunt and uncle tested positive today. Both late sixties. He has a runny nose and sore bones. She has no symptoms.
Sorry to hear Ed hope they get through it ok
Just found out my next door neighbor has it when I went to salt the walk and our steps
I would put her maybe 55
Insane slippery out there right now
Cheers

3741 - 3760 of 3853 Posts