Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 4169 Posts

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
You need to look harder. If they can fix it ... why is it dragging on so long ??? The longer it goes on, the more money Bill Gates makes. The vaccine has little to no affect on the new variants. They are now saying a "booster shot" in 6 months. That happens to coincide with flu season. Sound familiar ?? People get vaccinated every year (flu shot) to help their immune system with the H1N1 virus. It mutates every year, and the vaccines have little affect on some people. This virus is here to stay. People need to realize this and get on with life. I don't care how people dress it up ... it is nothing more than a slightly more deadly virus than the flu.

·
Registered
17,372 Posts
You need to look harder. If they can fix it ... why is it dragging on so long ??? The longer it goes on, the more money Bill Gates makes. The vaccine has little to no affect on the new variants. They are now saying a "booster shot" in 6 months. That happens to coincide with flu season. Sound familiar ?? People get vaccinated every year (flu shot) to help their immune system with the H1N1 virus. It mutates every year, and the vaccines have little affect on some people. This virus is here to stay. People need to realize this and get on with life. I don't care how people dress it up ... it is nothing more than a slightly more deadly virus than the flu.
Man when have you ever seen a vaccine developed and being put into arms in less than a year

·
Registered
789 Posts
I felt that way around the whole H1N1 flu. It didn't have a mortality rate to warrant the concern it did. But this one is numerically worse than a seasonal flu, and if we had taken no measures at all, it would have been much worse.

Again, you're comparing the wrong thing. If we put on the brake before the crash, you can't get out of the car after and say "see we were not going that fast". Our Canadian mortality numbers are currently worse than season flu for 2020, and this is with all of the distancing, masks, work from home, self quarantine and other things people are doing. We've been putting on the brakes since March 2020, and it has retarded the natural progression of this "flu" which would have other wise killed many more.

Has India had to burn bodies in make-shift crematoriums outside during an average flu season? Look at how it hit seniors homes across Canada before they had their guard up. Dead bodies were pilling up. It was a high mortality risk the older a person was. Now there are new variants and the mortality pattern is changing. If you're like Ted Nugent, you'll only believe it once it nearly kills you or someone whose arm you're holding.

The other concerning pattern is longer term complications. I can' t be bothered educating you on those things as you won't believe it anyway. For other people who have not heard of it before, google "covid long haulers". Many interviews have been done on CTV with people who were healthy, sometimes even athletic, and now have chronic health problems after covid.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
I am not disagreeing with what you are saying, Labradort. What I am saying is that Covid deaths are a drop in the bucket compared to other causes of death. So much fear has been dredged into your brain from hearing about covid every minute of every day ... you are lead to believe it's the worse thing out there. If the government put as much emphasis on cancer and heart disease as they are putting into this covid, then we might get somewhere. A hell of a lot more people lost loved ones to cancer and heart disease, than they did with this virus, which was created to affect a high percentage of the elderly... and the numbers certainly support this. I have lost a lot of family members to cancer. Are those deaths less important than the covid deaths ??? The world is definitely making it sound like they are. Covid covid Covid !!!! As long as people continue to buy into the BS ... they will never see the big picture.

·
Administrator
11,133 Posts
quick Joe-oogle search found this...didn't really have to look either

What is the death rate for influenza in Canada?

Death rate for influenza and pneumonia in Canada from 2000 to 2017 (per 100,000 population) In 2017, there were around 20 deaths from influenza and pneumonia per 100,000 population, a slight increase from previous years.

COVID-19 pandemic cases and mortality by country as of 25 April 2021[1]

23px-Flag_of_Canada_%28Pantone%29.svg.pn
Canada cases / deaths / fatality rate / per 100,000 capita

......................1,180,065................23,912.................. 2.0% .................63.61

·
Administrator
11,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
I don't believe it a hoax. Not after seeing the healthy, younger people getting it, and still being severely affected by it months after the ridding of the virus.

Seems it took 17 years to get that 20 average per 100,000 for flu stats

1 year in and were at 3 times the amount. ..can only imagine what the totals will look like if we have this chit for 20 yrs runnin.

I've never ever seen bodies being burnt in parking lots because of the flu(s)...different strains n all. What ever it is...how ever it started, and whenever it's gonna be done...the planet's gonna be a whole lot worse off for it.

Reactions: TonyM

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Joe .... Not quite sure what this is in relation to ?? From Jan 23, 2020 to Dec 31, 2020 .... the death toll for the world was at 1,850,597. You must realize that a lot of these deaths had nothing really to do with the actual virus. All the focus was on Covid, so anyone that died as a result from lack of staff because they were busy with covid patients ... they got labeled as covid deaths as well.

·
Registered
17,372 Posts

Death rate for influenza and pneumonia in Canada from 2000 to 2017 (per 100,000 population) In 2017, there were around 20 deaths from influenza and pneumonia per 100,000 population, a slight increase from previous years.

......................1,180,065................23,912.................. 2.0% .................63.61
Don't you start I still like you just a little
tongue.png
and know you are smarter than a 5th grader
biggrin.png
biggrin.png
again just a little

·
Registered
17,372 Posts
Daughter done both shots but she is health care( pfizer). Wife next tuesday ( pfizer) and me too young so far
laugh.png
laugh.png
per daughter who set up the appointments

My 2 buds and their mrs yesterday AZ

Cheers
They just dropped the pfizer to 55. I am there for may but they are going very quick the spots if anyone wants one

Cheers

·
Registered
17,372 Posts
Joe .... Not quite sure what this is in relation to ?? From Jan 23, 2020 to Dec 31, 2020 .... the death toll for the world was at 1,850,597. You must realize that a lot of these deaths had nothing really to do with the actual virus. All the focus was on Covid, so anyone that died as a result from lack of staff because they were busy with covid patients ... they got labeled as covid deaths as well.
Understand where you are coming from.

Take care

·
Registered
789 Posts

Right. The context of the higher covid mortality rate is we have all these things going on that stop the spread of germs and it's still 3x worse than a flu season. Some people I work with have said 2020 is the first year they never caught a cold.

In the States, they didn't have a strong national standard with practices like we've seen in Canada. They have had over 500,000 deaths due to COVID-19 in a year, while the last 10 years of stats at CDC show the worst typical U.S. flu season killed about 66,000. It's a hint of what it could have looked like in Canada with fewer restrictions: about 7.5 times higher mortality than the flu.

What is coming now with the variants is going to change everything we understood from the last year.

·
Registered
17,372 Posts
Mama got hers yesterday. Have to say extremely well organized and professional the set up she said

Dropped her at the door at 345 for a 350 appointment and she was out at 4.13

Arm is killing her but so far that is all. I think the arm is from carrying all the food I had to buy her for supper out of my SOCK stash
sad.png

Man they can work any situation
biggrin.png

Going to be tough day today planting with her home now for two weeks
sad.png

Yes Boss I mean dear
biggrin.png
biggrin.png

·
Registered
17,372 Posts
For me the flu never scared me that if I got it I could die where this scares the F'k out of me especially now with the mess we are in here and what is going on

So many here still don't understand what lock down is. SIL saying last night she can still go play cards on friday since that is one of her bubbles going on since the start

Ahh six different families there so no and pissed when I told her she cannot visit for 2 weeks

That is enough for me to get the shot next week and wish it was sooner

Cheers

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
As it has been said before the vaccine will change nothing, it garrantees nothing. Every thing will stay the same, the very same measures will become the real killer to the melt down that folks will go through. I listened on the phone yesterday to a friend tired of seeing no one, going no wheres. He is single. I did not realize until he said just how many seniors are still living in there homes, many without spouses that see no one, total isolation, his mom being one. He said his mom does not want to live out the rest of her years like this. Very sad. We will be in the same boat next spring. Suicides will be on the rise.

·
Registered
17,372 Posts
As it has been said before the vaccine will change nothing, it garrantees nothing. Every thing will stay the same, the very same measures will become the real killer to the melt down that folks will go through. I listened on the phone yesterday to a friend tired of seeing no one, going no wheres. He is single. I did not realize until he said just how many seniors are still living in there homes, many without spouses that see no one, total isolation, his mom being one. He said his mom does not want to live out the rest of her years like this. Very sad. We will be in the same boat next spring. Suicides will be on the rise.
For me it will give some piece of mind and that right now is priceless

Cheers

81 - 100 of 4169 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.