Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What should have been an exceptional day in the valley trial riding with family turned out to be a nightmare, one I may not get over. We were involved in a very horrific, horrific crash on the rail bed, requiring lifeflight services. We are praying for every ones survival. Please folks slow down.

·
Registered
17,365 Posts
Just read the rcmp news release which I assume is your rig since I know of no one else with one. Glad you and the others are alive and sure will pray the other ATV driver makes it out of this terrible crash also
The full release is out there but I wasn't comfortable to post it without your Ok
But this one line from it will give all an understanding of the nightmare. My god TS my heart bleeds for you and what you have been through this year
take care my friend and stay strong
On September 10, at approximately 12:50 p.m., Annapolis District RCMP, fire services, and EHS responded to a report of a collision on a trail near Hwy. 10 and Squirelltown Rd. in New Albany. RCMP officers learned that a Mahindra side by side and an Arctic Cat ATV were travelling in opposite directions on the trail when they collided in a curve.

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just read the rcmp news release which I assume is your rig since I know of no one else with one. Glad you and the others are alive and sure will pray the other ATV driver makes it out of this terrible crash also
The full release is out there but I wasn't comfortable to post it without your Ok
But this one line from it will give all an understanding of the nightmare. My god TS my heart bleeds for you and what you have been through this year
take care my friend and stay strong
On September 10, at approximately 12:50 p.m., Annapolis District RCMP, fire services, and EHS responded to a report of a collision on a trail near Hwy. 10 and Squirelltown Rd. in New Albany. RCMP officers learned that a Mahindra side by side and an Arctic Cat ATV were travelling in opposite directions on the trail when they collided in a curve.
I was released from hospital with a smashed knee, bulged disk in my back, brusied chest (which messed with my heart), whiplash, two messed shoulders from the grip of death. Very little time to react, we went to the woods to avoid contact but it was just not avoidable. RCMP told me we were only alive from what we were driving. My vehicle protected those following behind. The impact was that great, my side by side was totalled. We were fortunate to be travelling with two of my sisters that are nurses at the VG, another a dentist. They did everything to keep people alive as it took hours for rescue. Just an awful day that will be hard for all to erase.

·
Registered
17,365 Posts
I was released from hospital with a smashed knee, bulged disk in my back, brusied chest (which messed with my heart), whiplash, two messed shoulders from the grip of death. Very little time to react, we went to the woods to avoid contact but it was just not avoidable. RCMP told me we were only alive from what we were driving. My vehicle protected those following behind. The impact was that great, my side by side was totalled. We were fortunate to be travelling with two of my sisters that are nurses at the VG, another a dentist. They did everything to keep people alive as it took hours for rescue. Just an awful day that will be hard for all to erase.
My god TS you are all so lucky to be alive. Yes thank god you were driving that special SXS since from the pics you shared it looked like a small tank and was. I assume the 47 year old they say was in with you was a sister and is OK like they said in the release and I am glad the old bear dog was not with you
You will be sore for a long time my friend and how can anyone ever forget an event like that and you are sure testing that new ticker out :( not intentional I know
Take care of yourself PLEASE since from that release you are just a young dude :)

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Get well soon , and take care of yourself best wishes to all involved

·
Administrator
11,128 Posts
WOW !!!!! I'm at a loss for words TS, other than thoughts and prayers for you, your family, and the others involved. God speed ol boyy...but slow healin.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts