Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
All the best for a speedy recovery TS. I can't imagine what your chest must feel like after just recovering from your cardiac procedure. Hopefully, you'll be healed up enough to enjoy part of the hunting season.

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
How are you doing my friend healing up Ok I hope
take care
Pretty well confined to the house. Trying to walk up right again. Crazy pain, almost every joint, shoulders, neck, left knee has stuff floating around, back is a write off, can't sit or lye. Another doc appointment this week, plus a full physio accessment. Need MRI's but we know how long that is. This may be some time to heal if it does. She has been a very bad year. Praying for the injured.

·
Registered
17,372 Posts
Pretty well confined to the house. Trying to walk up right again. Crazy pain, almost every joint, shoulders, neck, left knee has stuff floating around, back is a write off, can't sit or lye. Another doc appointment this week, plus a full physio accessment. Need MRI's but we know how long that is. This may be some time to heal if it does. She has been a very bad year. Praying for the injured.
Sorry to hear that but I expected the same since nothing beats the body as bad as an accident like you had every inch of it it seems :(
Going to take quite a while to heal especially at our age so go easy please
There is no doubt you are a cat with nine lives but please stop trying to use them all up in one year :)
Take care and not sure if my prayers are any good but I am saying some for you

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Sorry to hear that but I expected the same since nothing beats the body as bad as an accident like you had every inch of it it seems :(
Going to take quite a while to heal especially at our age so go easy please
There is no doubt you are a cat with nine lives but please stop trying to use them all up in one year :)
Take care and not sure if my prayers are any good but I am saying some for you
Thanks 3maccs. Yes, don't imagine the meds I take are helping, a person bleeds and bruises like crazy. You know that old saying as bad as you think you have it there is always someone worse off than you, that's very true. 3d didn't come by to take my apples into the woods for me:)

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Given your condition , MRI would get priority due to injuries sustained , just had a CT scan after last docs appointment waited less than a month total of 5 weeks between a Ultra Sound and the CT scan with Contrast , was told it would take time due to shortage of Contrast Dye across the country , but got in rather quickly .

Hopefully you get the testing done sooner than later to see exactly what's in dire need of getting fixed .
Take care my friend 👍

·
Registered
388 Posts
Take your time healing and do all the physio they prescribe. Sounds like it was a pretty horrific crash. Seems bad, but could have been way worse. Good to hear you are moving about and on the way to recovery.
Take care.

·
Registered
17,372 Posts
Thanks 3maccs. Yes, don't imagine the meds I take are helping, a person bleeds and bruises like crazy. You know that old saying as bad as you think you have it there is always someone worse off than you, that's very true. 3d didn't come by to take my apples into the woods for me:)
They sure don't mine if I scratch myself looks like I cut my arm off
Last week getting peaches out of the tree ladder moved and I stuck some branches into my arm. walked into the house and the mrs says OMG what did you do
Looked at my arm and it was all blood from a few scratches :(
Wish I was closer I would help you get your apples in but we use one of these :) for my buds spot not an atv and it works well

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
hey TS … hope you are on the mend. I heard today that there was a Jeep involved in this accident. Is that correct ??? I didn’t think they were allowed on the trails. Maybe it wasn’t a Jeep, but that is what I heard.

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
hey TS … hope you are on the mend. I heard today that there was a Jeep involved in this accident. Is that correct ??? I didn’t think they were allowed on the trails. Maybe it wasn’t a Jeep, but that is what I heard.
Going through a bunch of medical stuff, accessments tomorrow, this may take a while, may go away may not. Nope not a Jeep. A Mahindra OHV. Registered and insured in the province, and throughout Canada and the US. Maybe written off not sure yet, waiting for the towing compound to return it. Like to say more but its not the time or place to say what actually happened. Hunting is coming, hoping to be able to walk around, Can't sleep on my back or sit very long in one place. Trying to go it without the hard pain meds. I think there is not a part that isn't sore:)

·
Registered
7,452 Posts
HOLY SHOOT just found this thread, thought it was an advertisement for selling a truck or atv til I opened it up.
Jesus Thunderstick you got bad luck man take it easy get better. Maybe forget the early season man take care of yourself. Thoughts and prayers with you my friend!

·
Registered
17,372 Posts
Going through a bunch of medical stuff, accessments tomorrow, this may take a while, may go away may not. Nope not a Jeep. A Mahindra OHV. Registered and insured in the province, and throughout Canada and the US. Maybe written off not sure yet, waiting for the towing compound to return it. Like to say more but its not the time or place to say what actually happened. Hunting is coming, hoping to be able to walk around, Can't sleep on my back or sit very long in one place. Trying to go it without the hard pain meds. I think there is not a part that isn't sore:)
Agree. Yes because those hard pain meds tear the guts out of you and then one just adds another problem of ulcers etc been there :(
Hopefully the assessment will go well as long as they don't ask what you shoot for guns and you say levers you should be fine :)

·
Registered
789 Posts
I once encountered a guy driving some kind of dune-buggy like thing. It was a one seater with a cage around the driver seat. Probably home made. He drove the woods roads like there was no one else out there. Fortunately didn't cross his path on a turn or there would be no room for reacting.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts