Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am looking for some new friends to hunt with, to get my dog on some more birds. I am new to Nova Scotia as of January 2021. I have a young, but trained yellow lab named Gauge. He is nearly two, delivers beautifully to hand and is now introduced to birds and gunfire. He is safe and steady. I am looking for some real shooters who may want a dog to do pick up. I am happy to leave my shotgun in the truck and just focus on working the dog (in fact, that would be my intention the first hunt or two). I will admit he is not always the best with other male dogs and probably should not hunt with one ATM.

Anyone willing to have us tag along? We will handle placing decoys and picking up birds. I have some minimal decoys to help add to the spread. I will also offer my services as a 'plucker' and will cover gas and lunch for the privileges'.

This is about my dog!

Thanks,

Derek

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Derek welcome to nsh . there may be some here that can help you out. what area of province are you in .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Derek welcome to nsh . there may be some here that can help you out. what area of province are you in .
Hey Rembolt, thank you for the response. I should have noted, i am located near the Guysborough-Pictou Line in Guysborough County.

·
Registered
211 Posts
This is the first season for my black lab the first day i went without a gun so i could help the dog out , To my surprise he didn't need the help he has done awesome

1 - 4 of 4 Posts