Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
In 3006 cal. Looks like a M1917 if 3006 (p17) or if 303cal (p14) Eddystone ,Winchester or REM manufactured. Gotta cal on the barrel ora date? Opps, I took a second look and notice the barrel is missing. Looks like an Eddystone to me that was sporterized after the war for sale to the public. Some had the peep sight ears milled off to accommodate open V notch type sights. It does not have the full wooden stock.

·
Registered
Benelli Ultralight 12 gauge, model 99 300 Savage
70 Posts
The receiver looks the same as my Dad's old .303. He still uses that rifle, I don't think I have ever seen a more accurate gun. It has an old Armsport 4x power scope with the square FOV. Years ago I flattened out a soup and nailed it to a tree with a roofing nail. Took 1 shot from the camp window at the can (40-50 yards), shot the nail, lol. I said, your good.

·
Registered
Benelli Ultralight 12 gauge, model 99 300 Savage
70 Posts
The receiver looks the same as my Dad's old .303. He still uses that rifle, I don't think I have ever seen a more accurate gun. It has an old Armsport 4x power scope with the square FOV. Years ago I flattened out a soup and nailed it to a tree with a roofing nail. Took 1 shot from the camp window at the can (40-50 yards), shot the nail, lol. I said, your good.
Soup Can FFS!

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Only wish one could find .303 these days.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts