1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems Tim you are not the only one having issues with their ammo
Cheers

Herters warning
Out at the range today taking a brand new Glock 21 for a maiden voyage.
Ammo: Herters 45acp 230 grain.

Approximately 13 rounds had recoiled much harder than typical. This was my first glock experience. However when one round recoiled significantly harder and was audibly louder I saftied the firearm and began looking for brass.

Findings: multiple spent casings with lines where the brass had buckled and one casing which had a concentric split and another split top to bottom. The brass looked very weak and thin.

I'm aware that Herters / Winchester have just had multiple recalls. Winchester has been made aware of this. The ammunition lot # is SH32L16.

Maybe its isolated but by the look of the brass I'm lucky it didnt result in a catastrophic failure.

Just a heads up to all you 45 acp shooters. If you're shooting from this lot maybe pay extra close attention.

Finger Gesture Body jewelry Thumb Jewellery

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Yup ive since heard that the brass is garbage
After a trip to the gunsmith to get the piece out im back shooting again.
Hand Finger Thumb Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
15,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good heads up for all
Glad he got it out Ok and no damage to your gun
Cheers

·
Administrator
10,511 Posts
Get the ammo prices wayyy up...blame it on covid and the shortages of manpower and supplies, that way they can get all the garbage they have STORED UP.. OUT THE DOOR with record sales !

·
Administrator
10,511 Posts
That's why you get chit for treated lumber...put all # 2 and 3 into the treatment sprayers...get top dollar for crappy wood !
Works too !

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
That’s why I load all my own!

I’ve used a few boxes of herters steel 12ga with no troubles but have not used anything else from them.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
The only reason i got them was to zero a scope on a new to me rifle, then i reloaded 400 rounds of the recipe that worked best. I should be good for a bit

·
Administrator
10,511 Posts
The only reason i got them was to zero a scope on a new to me rifle, then i reloaded 400 rounds of the recipe that worked best. I should be good for a bit
400 rounds...all herters brass too I bet 🤣 🤣

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Lol nope
I got 200 lapau and 350 hornady plus 150 win
A guy on nutz was moving all his 243 stuff and i got it all for a super price

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I have shot some of their .30-06, I got decent accuracy with it, still have a box and a half laying around here somewhere.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts