Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to a provincial policy the staff and volunteers at Hope For Wildlife are not allowed to rehabilitate black bears, and rescue centres are required to alert the Department of Lands and Forestry if they receive one. The organization already has an enclosure that could accommodate a bear up to six months old, and they are willing to build a larger one if they get permission to take care of the animals. Meanwhile the policy doesn't just limit the rescue centre for caring for bears. There are a number of animals that they require special permission to care for and then there are a handful that are not allowed at all, including black bears, moose, coyotes and adult deer. Hope Swinimer, founder of the rescue organization, says she's been putting pressure on politicians to change the policy and encourages Nova Scotians to do something similar by writing letters to the premier and the Minister of Lands and Forestry.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7064965/black-bear-death-prompts-calls-for-provincial-policy-change/

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Yeah I'll get right on that to help her put pressure on politicians for her cause , meanwhile she would NEVER help out Anglers or Hunters or outdoorsman of any scale .

I'll put that in my to do list along with a colonoscopy !

·
Registered
14,284 Posts
Yeah I'll get right on that to help her put pressure on politicians for her cause , meanwhile she would NEVER help out Anglers or Hunters or outdoorsman of any scale .

I'll put that in my to do list along with a colonoscopy !
At our age that is a good thing as my brother found out last December with zero issues but they found the start of cancer unknown to him

Cheers

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
I agree Joe. My first one was at 45, then 50, and I'll have another next year. My father died of colon cancer, and I'm not taking any chances. Too much cancer in my family to ignore it.

·
Registered
14,284 Posts
I agree Joe. My first one was at 45, then 50, and I'll have another next year. My father died of colon cancer, and I'm not taking any chances. Too much cancer in my family to ignore it.
Same here buddy. My first was at 46 and with the type of cancer I have I get one every three years now.

So far yes they have removed polyps from time to time but all came back negative thank god

Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts