Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recruiting a buddy to hunt with you is always worth trying but you have to watch your step. After all, nobody can make someone else do something that a person doesn’t want to do. Just as some people are more persuadable, some people are more persuasive than others. Most of the people I’ve tried to recruit to hunting, for example, have doubled down on their anti-hunting stance. Some have become vegetarians. As an outdoor influencer, I have nonetheless learned some things along the way.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Hardest part of teaching someone to hunt is to make them put in the work scouting and finding an area to hunt and to actually want to hunt. Too many people I have taken out just want to hunt and shoot a deer in your stand. If they don't appreciate scouting and putting the work in they might as well go to Anacosti Island or something.

·
Registered
884 Posts
For me, I found it easier to interest a person in grouse hunting to start. Usually they will have some success with out too much effort. A couple of hours in the early morning or evening gives them a taste of the activity. If they enjoy themselves and want to to put in more time then you may have a bird hunting buddy. Sometimes these individuals will want to expand their hunting activities to game species that require more time and more work. Whatever the outcome, if you can get a person interested in learning to hunt and to enjoy eating their harvest, you have done a good deed. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts