Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Administrator
188 Posts
How To Attach Images to your Posts

Attachment permissions have been turned on for all Members. Below the Reply Box (in More Reply Options, or starting a New Thread) you will see the Attach Files option.

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Brand

Note the file size and total upload limits for your account. The total upload allowance will update each time you upload a new photo. Hit 'Choose Files...' to select your files from your computer that you would like to upload.

Rectangle Font Parallel Electric blue Tints and shades

Your attachments will be listed below the Reply Box. You can use 'Add to Post' to insert the images in to your post. Be sure your cursor is where you want the image to appear.

Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Number

--

Additonally, if you would like to post the same image to another thread, you do not need to upload it again and take up your allowed space.

On the Reply Box, there is a 'My Media' icon.

Rectangle Azure Line Font Parallel

In here, you can access all of your previously uploaded images, as well as your Gallery images. You can search your images to find what you need, then select the image - it will be automatically inserted in to your post where your cursor is.

Product Azure Rectangle Font Screenshot

Please use this thread for help with any trouble you have attaching images to your posts. Please specify what device and what browser you are using for troubleshooting.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
Thanks for this. Will definitely make things a lot easier I would think.

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Tried to insert pic in thread using this but only get file is too big,so any idea how to decrease size of pic?

·
Administrator
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tried to insert pic in thread using this but only get file is too big,so any idea how to decrease size of pic?
Hey there

You'll need to edit the photo from your computer in a program like MS Paint or Photoshop (or on your phone you can use the default edit function). There are online editors that will allow you to do this as well (search 'resize images online' to get a few options).

You can adjust the settings on your camera as well so the photos taken are not so big to begin with. The default settings on most smart phones today are Large 4:3 photos, which can run up to 12 megabytes in size, with 4032x3024 pixel dimensions. Those are good numbers if you plan on printing your photos, but for general web sharing, they are unnecessary :)

Dayle

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Oooookay will try to figure it out,unfortunately triple D doesn't know much about computers,just learning
BUT -thanks for the help l do appreciate it greatly!

·
PLEASEDELETETHISACCOUNT
1,769 Posts
Made some progress>Thought id share my results incase they may be able to help someone else.Only problem is i dont know why i couldnt before but can now lol.And im not getting image too large doing it this way.Only time i get that is when trying to upload profile pic?I have an iphone6

,i transferred the pics on it to my desktop,uploaded pics to gallery,then as said above when posting in a thread,select my media...gallery....and post pic in thread.Not sure how to make the pics larger tho?

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I copied one of your PICs above in this thread. I then tried to upload it through this thread. No Go. File too big. Think the issue is not so much the size but rather you need to go through a third party Photo provider,IE Photo Bucket for example then attach that link. I can post a Pic to gallery, direct, but not into a thread..This has always been my issue..

·
PLEASEDELETETHISACCOUNT
1,769 Posts
I copied one of your PICs above in this thread. I then tried to upload it through this thread. No Go. File too big. Think the issue is not so much the size but rather you need to go through a third party Photo provider,IE Photo Bucket for example then attach that link. I can post a Pic to gallery, direct, but not into a thread..This has always been my issue..
Im not sure i understand Lee.I didnt use a third party?im confused,why is it working for me

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Im not sure i understand Lee.I didnt use a third party?im confused,why is it working for me
Not sure Rick? Now I too am confused...I resized some of my Pics, still no go, when I copied yours I figured that would take as obviously you were within the size limts, but still too big...I will watch rather then post..much easier..LOL

·
PLEASEDELETETHISACCOUNT
1,769 Posts
Lol! if i can figure it out anyone can.I very rarely use computers,still dont have access to cable or high speed on my road yet,so i just downloaded my pics to my office desktop,and for some reason it works.Hopefully someone who knows why will post.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
that is exactly what I did...right off my desktop. Oh well....nothing ventured, nothing gained...LOL

·
PLEASEDELETETHISACCOUNT
1,769 Posts
True,the only other thing i did differently was load the site on google chrome,again i know nothing about it but it seems to be working.Too bad really,likely be a much better site if everyone was able to participate in adding photos.....rather than just a few.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Google chrome is likely my issue. It is not used here...This is Ok however. A great attempt and thanks for the help...You still know where you can see my pics..LOL

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Made some progress>Thought id share my results incase they may be able to help someone else.Only problem is i dont know why i couldnt before but can now lol.And im not getting image too large doing it this way.Only time i get that is when trying to upload profile pic?I have an iphone6
,i transferred the pics on it to my desktop,uploaded pics to gallery,then as said above when posting in a thread,select my media...gallery....and post pic in thread.Not sure how to make the pics larger tho?
So to get pics here you used a desk top computer? Not an iPad?

·
Registered
884 Posts
http://novascotiahunting.com/forums/uploads/gallery/album_4194/med_gallery_12393_4194_919277.jpg

So this is the best I can do with my I Pad as far as getting a pic inserted into the text of a thread. I select a pic that I uploaded into the gallery and using the options button, resize it to medium. Then I click on the pic to isolate it on the screen and copy it. Now I go to the thread I want to insert the pic into and click on the little picture icon in the upper left hand corner on the key pad.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.