Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What wrong with DNR... the antlerless draw is open, the pheasant season should be open, the deer season is on our door steps. However the 2012 regulation are not posted on line yet... what gives??? Does anybody knows????
Before I get to the store to buy all the licences I 'd like to read this season regs...

·
Registered
751 Posts
What woud u be able to carry...4buck and 000b..just not slugs?
Largest you are allowed is 00 now since the rule change the other yr, I asked.. and it wasn't an issue... No single projectiles (Slugs) til the opening day of the Bear season... I have some fancy copper plated lead shot in 00 made by Winchester, wish I could find some more of that stuff..

·
Registered
289 Posts
What will it take to wake DNR up? A full season boycott perhaps? There should not be any lacks of regs from one year to the other. With all the money that is spend by hunters like you and I do they actualy care about NS hunters? I 'm sure they care about their funding and pay checks........I dont know about you guys but this frustrates the bejesus out of me.
It's as if DNR is still stuck in the 70's they're so slow or inefficient. Reg changes between season should not come from hear say and rumors from the janitor at DNR's office.
I'm done venting...Sorry if I offended anyone.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Don't get me wrong.. I am not pionting fingers at the game wardens.. If anything, they are in a worst boat then us.. They have to enforces regs/rule that are not even on papers or even on line yet. Someone in DNR head office must have an electronic version(PDF) of the 2012 that could at very least posted on the DNR web site.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Oh, they probably have more than one version. It takes time and revisions to get every managers, the lawyers, and the ministers approval and get it back again. And rember, due to shrinking budgets and fewer people, less people are doing more work.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Now folks every year we go through the same thing in regards to stamps and licenses,sooner or later the dnr will be ready on time.But till then us folk that want to be one with the regs will just have to muddle through.

·
Registered
751 Posts
NS is nothing more than a waste land of fines, regulations, taxes and fees... Wonder there is anyone left here at all.. Can't really get revenue any other way.. A boycott for a yr I think is a good idea in a way, they would loose a fair chunk of change, but really they're too stupid to care... It would be there reason to do away with hunting here altogether, they would spin it round.. All of you are right.. They have bosses, not the CO's fault that way.. The whole system here like a lot of other systems, needs a overhaul, they could actually do it themselves.. They are the authority here afterall, instead of paying "Consultants" and Private "Experts" exorbitant fees to do it.. We want is actual work done here, so we'd pay through the nose to get it from there "Friends".. They are simply wanting to draw a pay check for as little effort as possible like the rest of the gov. types then go home at night... knowing they did squat for yet another day... I think it's a toss up between us, Ontario, and BC for all things stupid..

·
Registered
751 Posts
Now folks every year we go through the same thing in regards to stamps and licenses,sooner or later the dnr will be ready on time.But till then us folk that want to be one with the regs will just have to muddle through.
Good point heavywieght.. really can't do anything to you if nothing is available because of them and there slackness (there fault), and you are following the regs from the previous yr..

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Guys ! - Lets not be part of the problem - leys be part of the solution. A year long boycott of the season would not be a money loss to DNR directly, but would result in fewer people and services for the hunting and trapping community.

Hunting license revenue goes into "general revenue" not DNR's accounts. Draws and WRC money goes to the call center that handles it, do that those programs are revenue neutral to DNR - doesn't cost anything doesn't bring anything in.

DNR's budget is based on many things, but a decling hunting population isn't helping. So if we could grt more people hunting (kids, friends, etc) and grow those numbers it would help. We could also lobby for a return to the Lands and Forests depaartment being the conservation side of things and Natural Resources being the consumptive side of things (mining and forestry).

NS Hunters are our own worst enemy due to our reluctance to join organizations that lobby for positive changes!

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
What wrong with DNR... the antlerless draw is open, the pheasant season should be open, the deer season is on our door steps. However the 2012 regulation are not posted on line yet... what gives??? Does anybody knows????
Before I get to the store to buy all the licences I 'd like to read this season regs...
What kind of regulation change would make you not buy a licence?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.