Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With Daddy Trudeau's new restrictions coming in, what is everyone planning on hunting with this fall?

Going to plug your lever? or take something else?

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Just pulled the trigger on a xbow. Going blindly into it as all four shops I went to none had any knowledge. I tell you people are showing interest in buying one. The lady had five models out for me and people were stopping with the same idea in mind. May not use it this year but on line the stock is going quick. So many friggin houses going up soon one won't be able to fire a firearm. Maybe I can get 3maccs to put an apple on his head for me:). Muzzle loader, 356 Winchester, will be first up.

·
Registered
16,694 Posts
With Daddy Trudeau's new restrictions coming in, what is everyone planning on hunting with this fall?

Honestly we have to wait and see what the exact details are people only guessing right now . I would not be shocked if levers were exempt or worst case have to buy a plastic plug

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Same as always, bolt action in deer rifle, break action for upland birds.🦌🦌🦌

·
Registered
57 Posts

My deer guns are already legal as they only hold 5 and one is a Henry lever that holds 4 and I hunt from a blind so I normaly only load 2 shoot them in the neck and down they go. and use a over and under 20 guage on small game less damage and it doesn,t ruin much meat

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Deer this yr Browning .308 Lever
Waterfowl , Depends on my mood Browning 10 pump or semi , Browning 12 pump or Stoeger 12 Semi
Upland 20 Pump
Coyote My new Browning X Bolt 22-250 or Weatherby .243
Trapping good ole .22 mag
Special trips for taking my Late Father for those run s down memory lane .410 single

·
Registered
Benelli Ultralight 12 gauge, model 99 300 Savage
67 Posts
I use my model 99 300 Savage for deer. I only load 3 or 4 (only need 1). If there is a restriction I could easily load a blank or 2. Bunnies and Grouse, it's my Benelli Ultralight (it only holds 3) or I can plug my Stoeger 20.
I'm 55 years old, I can only hope I get to enjoy hunting before the gov't caves to the left wing nuts and outright bans it.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
If they banned hunting it wouldnt be long before "game" animals started to wreak havoc all over the province. Think truro x20
Even the tree huggers will want something done

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If they banned hunting it wouldnt be long before "game" animals started to wreak havoc all over the province. Think truro x20
Even the tree huggers will want something done
I know some who would just hunt regardless what our Liberal overlords tell us.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Even the Libtards wouldn't stop hunting season .... would they ???? They do realize hunting seasons are in place to manage the wildlife ??? Knowing those blockheads .... they probably think it's for gun toting crazies to go in the woods and shoot things

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Even the Libtards wouldn't stop hunting season .... would they ???? They do realize hunting seasons are in place to manage the wildlife ??? Knowing those blockheads .... they probably think it's for gun toting crazies to go in the woods and shoot things
They will ban it for everyone who isn't native.

·
Registered
16,694 Posts
It makes way too much money for them to stop it and they have no intention of doing that. Notr asre they changing the tools we use other than mag limits which will effect very few other than old lever guys. Still have maybe 12-14 rifles and none are over 5 rounds so none of mine are impacted stuff like 7400, 7600, 700 etc
Google is your friend

There are 1.3 million hunters in Canada. Hunting spending totalled $5.9 billion in 2018. The resulting contribution to GDP was $4.1 billion. Hunting supported 33,000 jobs and generated just under $2 billion in labour income.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It makes way too much money for them to stop it and they have no intention of doing that. Notr asre they changing the tools we use other than mag limits which will effect very few other than old lever guys
Google is your friend

There are 1.3 million hunters in Canada. Hunting spending totalled $5.9 billion in 2018. The resulting contribution to GDP was $4.1 billion. Hunting supported 33,000 jobs and generated just under $2 billion in labour income.
They don't care about that, I am sure guns and ammo sales are a big part of that number too, look at all the shops that are going to go under from all the new bans.

·
Registered
16,694 Posts
They don't care about that, I am sure guns and ammo sales are a big part of that number too, look at all the shops that are going to go under from all the new bans.
OK. guns and ammo are peanuts compared to all the other things one spends to hunt do you guys care about anything???
Cheers

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Liberals are doing the same as in the 90s with the last Registration and bans of that time , forcing shops to close , never open or downsize drastically to stay alive or save themselves from bankruptcy . Nor do they care PERIOD ! A gun owner to a Liberal is a threat to society in a nut shell . Also a threat to the liberals themselves , MOST (97-98% ) Gun owners don't take things lightly during elections . Most as I say IMHO will stick together and try thier best to vote out the scum @#$ Liberals , win , loose or draw they at least try . While 2-3% just roll over and give in .

Liberals don't care what Hunting , gun ownership or the spin off purchases do for the economy , they love the tax dollars it creates but could care less about Animal population control . Liberals only love free money 😂😂😂😂 love all those getting nailed for pay back of CERB who said it will NEVER happen , OOOOOPS Ibsaid it would happen and behold its taking place . I even mentioned b4 of another registration and hand gun ban of sorts coming , and here it is . Writing is on the wall , libtards of all catagories have us in thier sights , taking it piece by piece . Picking off the ones who just cave into the pressure .
Sorry to high jack thread , maybe better to have put this in May 18 Registration thread .

·
Registered
16,694 Posts
Sorry Walter but we have not been there sticking together in 25 years IMHO and are the most divided we have ever been and a ton vote liberal if not we would not be in the mess we are in I would add some zero's to that and say 20-30 % and many don't even vote. We have like 4 million so could turn an election but never can since some vote liberal and other don't vote
More damage in 3 years that I have seen in 30. 90's was never this bad or so fast with more to come once we see the fine print
Gun owners are seen as a threat to the canadian public today not just liberals
Cheers
Gun owners don't take things lightly during elections . Most as I say IMHO will stick together and try thier best to vote out the scum @#$ Liberals , win , loose or draw they at least try . While 2-3% just roll over and give in .

1 - 20 of 37 Posts