Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
41 - 60 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
7,452 Posts
Batten the hatch, fasten the latch. Could be couple rough days. Put all the deck furniture away tied stuff down,put all the potted plants in the garage, of course it all had to wait until I got home from the woods,securing tents checking cameras etc.
Wife said we should get some bottled water, Sobeys was like Christmas crazy busy and no water left. Came home dug out generator but it wouldn’t start. Cleaned carb drained tank add new gas, bingo. Now we wait hope and pray!!!
Stay safe everyone.
Hopefully the deer will survive. Anything like Jaun their patterns will change dramatically. Might not be a lot of hunting next week cause everything will be flooded.
Still time for the beeeootch to turn and go out to sea, at least I am hoping so....!!!

·
Administrator
11,133 Posts
GD powers out here already ffs...30 kmh winds !!!! Can't be storm related surely to gawwd !

·
Registered
17,372 Posts
Light gusts of wind started late pm today in Windsor. Overcast and gloomy. … By far the worst storm I have lived through was the Storm of Oct. 74 while living in the north end of Sydney. Just unbelievable!
Remember some of it
Just kids helping my friend's father doing his final furniture deliveries for Kmart in a big cube truck and it tossed us off the road on our side in a field
Remember going over looking at that mobile home park in Lingan or what was left of one :(
We had a shed in the yard that just vanished never to return or know where it went

·
Registered
17,372 Posts
I know one thing is I have to stop walking trough the yard looking at things thinking Ok that better get out of there it may go in the air
Have to accept it is what it is now did my best to get ready and just pray
Wife wanted me to move a 56" wagon wheel this morning, Weighs like 250m pounds and is lag bolted to a huge tree
AHHHH NO Dear and yes Dear I have 15 extra gallons of gas and 4 tanks of propane and the generator is running for the 1000th time and no you are not going to use it to watch TV

Like Walter it is the fools around me that will cause my damage , one still has those cheap plastic chairs out and the other a bunch of metal sheds with the roof flapping on one even now
Yep that same shed cost me a 800.00 piece of plastic a year ago when a 2x8 piece of metal went through the top of greenhouse no. 4 and believe this or not a few days later the idiot comes over asking if I seen a section of his roof
Ya look I said and he says oh well that is what insurance is for I said no that comes out of my pocket can only get liability on a greenhouse and then he says what did you do with the piece of my roof. It's gone I said
IDIOTS and the real Joke he is a retired university professor :(

·
Registered
17,372 Posts
powers back...guess we passed the first test...3mm of rain 🙄
I hate to even say it but it is almost 27 years in this house and I needed the generator ONCE last year . Yes it would be off for a few hours here and there but never long enough to hook up the generator
I burn more gas running it out every year :( to keep the tank clean and don't even ask you know it is a HONDA since I have that stamped on my ass:p. Not bought new but a joe rebuild special :) that is getting real old now just from sitting
Maybe being on one of the main cross roads to the hospital or the fact the biggest taxed homes are just a few streets over. Not complaining
My poor old bud is on the end of a lane and man he loses it for days all the time

41 - 60 of 136 Posts