Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordinary used rifles, 22's now priced between $2000-3000 on gun post. Its become as bad as property and housing.

·
Registered
13,663 Posts
Ordinary used rifles, 22's now priced between $2000-3000 on gun post. Its become as bad as property and housing.
Worse IMO at least with a house you may retain the value down the road. The bottom is going to fall out of these gun prices once places like remington etc start getting inventory again and others start shipping to canada again once they get caught up

Time to sell however if one is looking at reducing their herd down the road

Cheers

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
I've gotten more inquires on selling Ammo , thats a hard NO ! or include Ammo in price again hard NO !

Sold 4 rifles last night i had no intentions on selling right now due to being too damm busy to get them shipped but away they go due to price offered was more than I paid for them , plus now i freed up space for the ones that I'll never part with , two those rifles were never issued or Fired P17 rifles I had sitting , the guy who bought them has been asking off and on now more than 3 yrs and ponied up a price I'm positive anyone would take .

Been with me almost 30 yrs, hard let go but money talks and hey no shipping to deal with on them .

·
Registered
49 Posts
If it helps anyone, visited Bass Pro in Dartmouth and they had plenty of ammo at a very good price. box of 300 win mag for 31$, 3030 for 22$ and most other calibers

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
If it helps anyone, visited Bass Pro in Dartmouth and they had plenty of ammo at a very good price. box of 300 win mag for 31$, 3030 for 22$ and most other calibers
Always good to hear.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I am seeing Cooey 840's going for $250, at best these are $150 guns.

SKS prices are also though the roof $150 gun a few years ago are now $400, tempting to part ways with a few guns to make room for something else.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I am seeing Cooey 840's going for $250, at best these are $150 guns.

SKS prices are also though the roof $150 gun a few years ago are now $400, tempting to part ways with a few guns to make room for something else.
I asked about the SKS prices from my local retailer and he was told by North Sylva that most importers are backing out of importing firearms into Canada or just the semi autos. This reduced supply and high demand for more reasonably priced semi drove the market to a higher price point. Still does not justify why most old crap mil surplus and 22s are asking too much $, big retail stores still have not jacked up the prices that high. Tenda had Ruger 10/22 for sale 250$ last month. I guess its depends how desperate and uninformed the buyer is. .

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I asked about the SKS prices from my local retailer and he was told by North Sylva that most importers are backing out of importing firearms into Canada or just the semi autos. This reduced supply and high demand for more reasonably priced semi drove the market to a higher price point. Still does not justify why most old crap mil surplus and 22s are asking too much $, big retail stores still have not jacked up the prices that high. Tenda had Ruger 10/22 for sale 250$ last month. I guess its depends how desperate and uninformed the buyer is. .
Doesn't surprise me, the gov't can ban a gun anytime they feel like it, the law they passed is an ever green ban. They said if they notice high numbers of certain guns they will ban them. If I was an importer I wouldn't want to be caught with a bunch of guns and inventory that you can't sell and you are out the money for.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Sold a SKS that sat in Safe for 6-7 yrs , had the laminated stock , fully reconditioned , put it up on GP and had guys fighting to get it , first one who contacted me said I'll give you $500 for it ??? Plus was local willing meet up fella , I never posted price just to see what interest there was for it , over 40 emails in 1 Hour it was sold !

There is a lot of target shooters now more than hunters , who are buying up this stuff , either uninformed , desperate due to supply , or just willing throw money away , who knows .

·
Registered
581 Posts
LOL,, I don't think anybody surfs Gun-Post more than I do,,from 2AM until 10pm 7 days a week, and I never seen 22's on there for $2000.00--$3000.00 not the old school Cooey's or Winchesters. I just bought another Ruger Standard 22 and it was priced in what I am used of paving for them $350.00 -- $400.00 I just bought a couple of Browning Challengers for less than $800.00 for the pair, both in excellent plus condition,

. One is so good I refuse to shoot it, Doesn;t look to be fired at all. Worst junk of a 22 I ever owned was a H&R 649 Revolver double action, 100% garbage.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I'm buying a Winchester model 77 later this week, nice semi tube mag for hopefully $200.00 local, so I guess I'm lucky if I can still find the affordably ones still

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
LOL,, I don't think anybody surfs Gun-Post more than I do,,from 2AM until 10pm 7 days a week, and I never seen 22's on there for $2000.00--$3000.00 not the old school Cooey's or Winchesters. I just bought another Ruger Standard 22 and it was priced in what I am used of paving for them $350.00 -- $400.00 I just bought a couple of Browning Challengers for less than $800.00 for the pair, both in excellent plus condition,
. One is so good I refuse to shoot it, Doesn;t look to be fired at all. Worst junk of a 22 I ever owned was a H&R 649 Revolver double action, 100% garbage.
Wow you must have gotten a lemon, I bought a H&R mod 649 back in the 80's still works great. Also have model 949 and 922.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Yea I did get the lemon, I had just sold it and I decided to fire it before the buyer picked it up so I took it back in the woods first shot ok second shot the hammer wouldn't pull back, jammed, took the grips off and the dinky little hammer spring rod had a piece of nylon or plastic on it and that had shattered, lucky I ordered one from Numrich and had it in less than 2 weeks $85.00 later. Had to tell the buyer what had happened and he was OK with it, came and picked it up and never heard no more from him. but the hammer spring in mine was crap, very surprised to see that kind of quality from the U.S.A. I just scroll by them when I see them or any H&R firearm on Gun-Post

They tell me that their single shotguns have problems with the firing pins, don't know, never had one and no plans of ever having one of their guns again.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

I suggest you look some more. Winchester Model 94 22's are on there for $2200 and up.

·
Registered
581 Posts
if you ever take the grips off check yo see what is on the hammer spring were it comes in contact with the hammer. if it's plastic it will dry out and crumble, watched several u-tube videos showing the same problem. the new ones that you order from Numrich are made of metal

·
Registered
684 Posts
And then responds to say, that "22s" means Winchester 9422. A search shows there are 2 priced like that, the rest of the 9422s listed are down around $1300.

There are plenty of "ordinary used 22 rifles" going for much less. A Ruger 10/22 is ordinary, and lists for $350 and up on Gunpost, depending on what it is.

My Marlin model 60 is still for sale for $300 there. It's getting lots of interest from people who want to have it shipped to other parts of Canada, not Nova Scotians. Given there are none available in stores and Marlin isn't stating as yet the model 60 will come back, that's likely why the interest. If I have to sell it with shipping, I'll be relisting, and asking for more than $300, just to cover the hassle of packing.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
And then responds to say, that "22s" means Winchester 9422. A search shows there are 2 priced like that, the rest of the 9422s listed are down around $1300.

There are plenty of "ordinary used 22 rifles" going for much less. A Ruger 10/22 is ordinary, and lists for $350 and up on Gunpost, depending on what it is.

My Marlin model 60 is still for sale for $300 there. It's getting lots of interest from people who want to have it shipped to other parts of Canada, not Nova Scotians. Given there are none available in stores and Marlin isn't stating as yet the model 60 will come back, that's likely why the interest. If I have to sell it with shipping, I'll be relisting, and asking for more than $300, just to cover the hassle of packing.
A 22 is still a 22. There are no 94 22's around $1300, maybe a cheap ithica, not Winchester. I see lots over $1000. A 22 ? More than hunting rifles. That is insane.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Lots of .22's are collectible. The ones priced high are mostly ones with collector interest or ones with good optics or tricked out guns. There are lots of reasonably priced 22's on Gunpost. Its like anything else,some guys think their shit is made of gold,doesn't mean it will sell. The other side of the coin is some people are stuck in the past when it comes to prices. Just because a Cooey was a $75 rifle 10 yrs ago doesn't mean the price hasn't changed with inflation. The dollar is worth nothing anymore so durable goods are more expensive. everything is expensive these days, thank the Liberals. You can't keep printing money like mad and expect it to retain its value.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I personally think of Winchester 9422 those are a little bit more than your ordinary 22. To me a ordinary 22 is a Cooey or Steven's etc. I checked last night and I can buy a good quality 22 for around $300.00 and still have change for a Tim's. checked Kelvin's also and he has many as well new and used. Browning lever's are another expensive brand.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts