Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
There is an ad on GP this morning for a Browning XBolt White gold medallion with a Vortex scope for $3200. Must be one hell of an expensive scope. You can still buy those rifles for under 1700. I have a Lefthand (no longer made) white gold medallion that is basically brand new (6 shots down the pipe) that I thought about selling. Might have to "up" my asking price.
It's got a Viper on it which is around a $1500 scope depending on which model and where he bought it.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
The old man used to say...there's 2 kinds of good...good for nuthin and no good at all :p:p

Vortex makes a "good" scope :ph34r::ph34r:
Kevin Vortex scopes are only better than KING optic scopes IMHO , "GOOD ENOUGH TO GET BY WITH LMAO "

Not a fan , used a few of them and sold them fast as i could , they are on a lot of entry level guns now for a reason , no one wants them lol trying push their product by dressing up a turd in disguise , even entry level stuff now is $6-800 plus tax , its no wonder the older well made guns have increased in price , i'll take a 30 plus yr old rifle vs any this new entry crap and minute of the day .

You want a good rifle or shotty be prepared to blow the dust off some mulagh , we all know that

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Thanks for clarifying caperaway. Seems like a ridonkulas amount of money for that package, but to each their own.

·
Administrator
9,928 Posts
You look on any classified website'll see MORE vortex scopes for sale than any other brand! must be a reason for it. I know a few guys personally who got them and had nuthing but problems with them. One was sent back...said to be repaired ...by the looks of it, it was done by one of the youngsters at the blind school !! Gobs of white / cement /epoxy sticking out of the seal in 3 places !!

IF...it would have been mine, I'd have taken it to the range and stuck a 1/2" shoot n see target dot on the lens.put it up @ 50 yds and poked a 223 FMJ thru it and sent it back a second time
wink.png
wink.png
ph34r.png
ph34r.png

·
Administrator
9,928 Posts
Joe...did you get those new 16 ga active hulls on CGN ? I was gonna pull the trigger on them but they're sold already...lol...and I don't even HAVE a 16 ga any more
happy.png
happy.png
...but then, the excuse woulda been there for picking one up
laugh.png
laugh.png

·
Administrator
9,928 Posts
Oh yea...forgot to mention..Varget powder F/S on GP...$$ 100 / lb
blink.png
blink.png

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
The old man used to say...there's 2 kinds of good...good for nuthin and no good at all
tongue.png
tongue.png

Vortex makes a "good" scope
ph34r.png
ph34r.png
We must be related as my grandma used to day the same thing, then tell ya she had a "good" doctor

·
Registered
798 Posts
You look on any classified website'll see MORE vortex scopes for sale than any other brand! must be a reason for it. I know a few guys personally who got them and had nuthing but problems with them. One was sent back...said to be repaired ...by the looks of it, it was done by one of the youngsters at the blind school !! Gobs of white / cement /epoxy sticking out of the seal in 3 places !!

IF...it would have been mine, I'd have taken it to the range and stuck a 1/2" shoot n see target dot on the lens.put it up @ 50 yds and poked a 223 FMJ thru it and sent it back a second time
wink.png
wink.png
ph34r.png
ph34r.png
I've got 4 of them,no issues in the last 10 yrs. Now my Nightforce...its a hunk of junk and almost impossible to get a warranty repair done. Dealer wanted $300 to ship it south for repair and Nightforce wanted $200 US to send it back once fixed.

·
Administrator
9,928 Posts
Holee crap on a cracker !! Is THAT all...lol

I looked real hard at a NF scope a few yrs back..2 G's is a whole lotta money..so I compared it to the new Bushnell Forge ...Forge was a better scope IIHO...glass was identical...the NF never had any more edge to edge clarity that I could see any diff. So, once again, Bushnell won out for me.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Holee crap on a cracker !! Is THAT all...lol

I looked real hard at a NF scope a few yrs back..2 G's is a whole lotta money..so I compared it to the new Bushnell Forge ...Forge was a better scope IIHO...glass was identical...the NF never had any more edge to edge clarity that I could see any diff. So, once again, Bushnell won out for me.
But your selling all your bushnells, me bad
biggrin.png

·
Registered
13,663 Posts
Joe...did you get those new 16 ga active hulls on CGN ? I was gonna pull the trigger on them but they're sold already...lol...and I don't even HAVE a 16 ga any more
happy.png
happy.png
...but then, the excuse woulda been there for picking one up
laugh.png
laugh.png
No Kevin have not watched the EE on nutz in many months

No extra money for toys and don't need anything

Those new Activ hulls you found for me with what I have gives me maybe 2000 good ones for the 16ga so good for life

Even have 500 or so AA compression formed 16ga which I can get 1.25 US for if I want to sell Imagine

take care

Opening day have to run lots to put out

Forgot to mention. Went to watch my rabbit friends last night and who was standing in the pocket chasing them. You guess it TIM
laugh.png

Yep even got to see this fat lazy ass work and the operation
tongue.png

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Good prices, if I had not several spares I would buy one from you, especially the legend, they were good scopes.
Got couple Bushnell Legend scopes myself , just love em , neck deep in garage and hot tub projects to splurge , lmao

·
Registered
333 Posts
I will take vortex or Nikon anyday:) Had a Leupold, as I mentioned in another thread... was the real deal, must have been the 1 in 1000 lemon. My Nikon is a P3 and I have a crossfire II and a Diamond back. They work great for what I need them for:)
I do have a couple bushnells as well, with no complaints. Haven't bought an elite yet but may someday.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I have Bushnell Elites on my A-bolt and X-bolt. Weaver on my Savage 99, Leupold on my muzzle loader, and a Nikon on my Buckmark rifle. My Elites are better IMO. I am not a person to spend a lot of money on optics. Unless people are into long range or competitive shooting … I don't see the point. But that is just me. Too each their own.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
So hows this for a insane price quote to build a 24 X 24 Garage with 6 inch slab 10 ft walls and 16 ft garage door , not insulated , no interior plywoods or work , just exterior build and framing .

$65,000 quoted price !

Guy Stopped by our place to see what size I was building , told him plus using rough milled lumber , he clearly asked the price i'm invested , told him rough estimate , his face fell . Clearly said what studs needed , what base , top plates , rough estimate for siding and so on . He came back two hours later and stated what it would cost , then told him slab 6 inch thick that size is $2300 for concrete plus rebar steel , ( we poured it ourselves) now thats pricey ! ! Rebar has taken huge jump , 3/4 inch I used in my slab re enforcing the drive in area 9" x 1 8" squares front to back , slab itself ran us $ 5000 , still far off estimate of $65,000 he showed me the quote , did not take long to realize he was being charged almost $38,000 labour cost for three guys doing the work ,

Cripes $38,00 x 3 = $12,600 give or take each for two week job !
Given if guy went rough lumber it be even cheaper for structural material ,

Trusses are now $190 ea plus tax , last yr price was $72 ea

·
Administrator
9,928 Posts
Holleeeee batchit man...that's nutz !! annnnd they said there'd be NO GOUGING.....yeahhh...rrright

·
Registered
13,663 Posts
So hows this for a insane price quote to build a 24 X 24 Garage with 6 inch slab 10 ft walls and 16 ft garage door , not insulated , no interior plywoods or work , just exterior build and framing .

$65,000 quoted price !

Guy Stopped by our place to see what size I was building , told him plus using rough milled lumber , he clearly asked the price i'm invested , told him rough estimate , his face fell . Clearly said what studs needed , what base , top plates , rough estimate for siding and so on . He came back two hours later and stated what it would cost , then told him slab 6 inch thick that size is $2300 for concrete plus rebar steel , ( we poured it ourselves) now thats pricey ! ! Rebar has taken huge jump , 3/4 inch I used in my slab re enforcing the drive in area 9" x 1 8" squares front to back , slab itself ran us $ 5000 , still far off estimate of $65,000 he showed me the quote , did not take long to realize he was being charged almost $38,000 labour cost for three guys doing the work ,

Cripes $38,00 x 3 = $12,600 give or take each for two week job !
Given if guy went rough lumber it be even cheaper for structural material ,

Trusses are now $190 ea plus tax , last yr price was $72 ea
Wondering when did the CBRM change their requirements for new building construction and allow milled lumber to be used ( non stamped ) when a building permit would be required since over 10x10

Just asking since I know a friend that did it two years ago on a 24x24 and they made it be torn down and he was 80% done at the time. :( I would hate to see that happen to your project if they have not revised the requirements
Cheers

61 - 80 of 90 Posts