Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
I can see both sides of it. On one hand, my Dad never posed for pictures with his hunting harvest. Photos with fish were more common. He had ptarmigan stuffed by a good taxidermist, but I think it was mainly because this white bird was unusual to him and he wanted relatives back in NS to see it. Same for ouananiche, come to think of it. He had some hunting stories, which were shared over beers or Seagram's 5 star, but no pictures.

On the other hand, we live in a time where everything is under the microscope of moral judgement by mainly urban people. The reason your can of tuna has the dolphin and strike-out symbol over it, is fall out from video made decades ago showing dolphin by-catch with tuna fishing. In this world, the way the CCFR goes about promoting "healthy choices" in gun ownership, such as showing women who enjoy sports shooting, is necessary to prevent the sport from becoming the next shock and awe in the media.

·
Registered
104 Posts
This just comes off as old man yells at clouds too me. His biggest complaint seems to be too many people hunting HIS public land.

·
Registered
6,696 Posts
Lot of good points in that article maybe something to it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts